It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you go through with it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Please as this is my first post if its in the wrong place, please move mod's. Thank you.

Now for something that I have been thinking about for a very long time, and have wondered how others feel. Most of us that frequent sites such as this, are pretty much aware of the dangers of our time, pick any that you can think of, BP, NWO, TPTB, The Government, Vaccines, etc.

Now I can only speak for myself, but I am the only one of my friends or family that thinks of such things. I prepare, and post on my FB, send links to videos including any news source if I can, and links to any gov. agencies, or anything that will try to get them to research, I try to call my family in surrounding states, and start some small conversation, and try to throw something like, hey are you prepared to evacuate if needed, and usually I get the response of well.... MSN, FOX, Glenn Beck, or my church hasn't said anything, so.. NO!

Now what my question is, in reality, when it does settle in, some of us have years of experience, from knowing something that we got from a place like ATS a month in advance and prepared, while others waited, and then was told, oh wow, I cant believe you told me that and it came true, to where sometimes predictions are made and some of us prepare while others don't, but we still look out for something just in case SHTF.

We've been through the up's and down's, but what do we do when things really get bad, and we know, I mean really know that it's time to get up and go, and our loved ones choose to stay? For some of us its relatives that we only see on holidays, and sadly some of these people who will wait till its to late is our spouses, or children.

I worry that being prepared, and knowing some of these things are actually going to conflict my idea of when I think that its time to go. I am by far a person who doesn't have survival at heart, but what happens when your faced on either leaving someone behind that you love, or the feeling you will have when its to late and you stayed?

I know that now we are at tough times with something like the oil spill that can affect a lot of people long term, and these thoughts might not always go directly to the brain at first. But its something that sometimes I think I have the answer to and then other times I think that I might surprise even myself.

I hope that this post will bring some kind of peace to the hearts of those who, love who we are as researchers, but also love who we are with, and don't want anyone to get hurt. Thank you for taking the time to read this post, I consider a lot of you guys to be very understanding, so thank you for your time.

Peace to you...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this very thing for a while as well.
But when do we know it's time to "GO"?
Where do we go ?
Are we taking biblical stuff here, or just SHTF?
What is going to be the defining event or series of events ?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

I would think it would have to be something that happens all of a sudden. Preparing whether mentally or physically is already in process for most of us. I mean something that would be at the moment, and be necessary for you to have to think... should I stay or should I go?

I know its much to ask, but when you have others that think about it as well it becomes clearer, of what you might be dealing with. Talk it out.

Peace to you...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
just asking ?? when you say get out where are you going ??

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

what do we do when
it's time to get up and go, and our loved ones choose to stay?

Life is not so precious that I would be unable to admire those who choose to go down with their ship.

There is no dishonor in being a survivor. There is no dishonor in choosing to die with your cause. Perhaps I would stay. Perhaps I would go. But I would like to think that whatever I chose, I would choose it because it was what I wanted.

Others may choose differently. But why allow the choices of others to influence my decision for myself?

[edit on 27-6-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Thank you for that, these are the things that I am referring to. I also would like to think that it would be a hard choice, but also one that I would not regret. Its surely something to think about. I think that those of us that choose to learn these things are very sympathetic to our planet, our loved ones and ourselves.

Peace to you...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

People wouldn't have so much uncertainty about the health dangers if the president would do his job. Here we are with the possibility of hurricanes traveling inland right through the slick and we haven't heard one official word on the possible hazards and what Americans should do.

The environmental conditions may make your decision for you. If the government doesn't tell you to evacuate... don't assume it's safe to stay.

This administration is apparently inept. I hope that's all it is.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crash override

I would say anywhere away from major population centers.
I am seriously considering stockpiling supplies.
(Non-perishable foods, water, fuel, medical, cold weather gear, weapons, ammo...etc)
Converting all finances into hard currency (Gold?)
But again when ? What will be the definining moment ?
This is the $64,000 question. You don't want to jump the gun, but then again, you don't want to wait until it's too late either.
To be honest, I sometimes laugh at myself for even thinking this way.
But with some of the world events lately....I don't know.
It's a hard view to take... especially when no one else in my circle of family
or friends seem to take it very seriously.
Everyone seems to think our way of life can continue indefinetly. But I don't think that is true anymore.
Anyone else care to comment ?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

I hate to say it, but I'd rather be safe, then sorry. IMO I don't think that there is anything wrong with having a little extra water, and maybe learning a few tricks of the trade, when we didn't have all the luxury's of today. But I don't think that any of us truly have the answer's of when. All I know is that I would like to think that I will have the support of my family, in any time of need, but the realistic side of me say's.... don't bet your whole hand.

We are a surviving species, some are more tough skinned then others as far as what they think they would be able to do about this situation, as I am on the fence about this one. So my comment to you would be, you don't have to have 3 years of preparations, but with a little heads up, and some know how can bring your questions of when will something happen, to... yup I'm prepared for anything, bring it on.

Peace to you...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Very good question !

I cannot answer for anyone but only for myself. I think that when the time comes, in some way, I'll know what to do, I'll know where to go. Like yourself, my friends and family wait for a "Breaking News" from the medias and so on. They don't see the reality as we do, it's normal, they live their daily lives in a neverending routine. We, at ATS and other forums keep a very serious eye on what we think is REALLY going on. They don't.

I hope that the awareness will increase before we get there.

Good post, NoRegretsEver. Flagged.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What if there is no single "SHTF" scenario but just an escalating series of nasty events? A slow frog boil, or what James Kunstler calls "The Long Emergency"?

In this case there would be no big event to tip you off, no Manichean choices between "staying" or "going" to be made. Just a world that little by little becomes grimier, greasier, shoddier, poorer, more cobbled-together, more miserable. Always deniable at any given moment, the change just beyond the range of the perceptable.

This is more likely and in some ways more disturbing, IMHO. I'd rather die from a shot to the head than from leprosy and gangrene. Looks like the latter is already well underway.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I agree, I know that this is a tough subject, and I cant really just say some possible situation to get a more clarified answer, because different events will require different steps, but to know that some of us are so aware of whats going on and others, just choosing to ignore it, is a frustrating thing in itself.

I think that every time I get a heads up, I have to keep my head up, because its not always something that can be discussed at a family event. But that is also why I am so thankful for places like ATS where we can share these topics, bounce ideas off of each other, and try to get some clarity in this confusing world.

Peace to you...

top topics

join