It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pensacola beach opens against federal advice; 400 people sick

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower

My son works at a busy lunch shop here in downtown Birmingham and he said that lots of people are all complaining of a few similar "problems:"

Blurry vision, spots in front of the eyes, exhaustion, unexplained fatigue, headaches. But no one is "ill."

I noticed I've had a weird little cough and very blurry eyesight the last three weeks. Allergy meds have no effect, unusual for me, to say the least.

I've wondered...I guess many of us are wondering.

These symptoms are usually caused by old age, undue stress, and in this case, very probably the power of suggestion.

Remember the stories of Dance Mania that occurred after the plague? Mania can be contagious.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
no matter how much of a sheep you are, common sense has to tell you, theres a big oil leak in the gulf maybe I shouldnt take my kids swimming just right now, ignorance iss not bliss, ignorance is dangerous,i dont say they deserve to be sick,i say they do deserve a good kick in the arse

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

OR IT COULD BE THE TOXIC SLUDGE THEY LIVE NEXT DOOR TO, IGNORANCE IS CONTAGIOUS AS WELL

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Heres Crist this morning saying the water is fine.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
well, the stupid people are on the beach or in the water...the smart people have not gone near the beach, and are moving the hell out of the area.
let me ask those people something...when was the last time you saw a high ranking BP or government person on the beach or water down there for any length of time??? zero, right?...not just for a photo op, but say like the whole day...again, zero, right?... now think a minute and wonder why they wouldn't do that for the good PR and to show confidence??...because they are not stupid.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I live in a small isolated community on Perdido Bay. This morning I let the cat out, the chemical smell was terrible. I felt it go to the bottom of my right lung. Coughed for a while.
I have tried talking to our local volunteer firefighters, they act like nothing is wrong. These guys have known 4 generations of my family and yet they will say nothing.
I am so afraid. I have faced hurricanes with trepidation but not fear. I can't sleep well even with medications.
It's so quite, no planes flying except the ones spraying corexit. No sound of boat motors.
I am seriously thinking about buying some H to keep on hand just in case we are forced by the military into camps. Just kill myself and get it overwith. My home is all I have I have no where to go. I have no money and am to old to pick up and leave to try to start over again.
God help us all.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Heres Crist this morning saying the water is fine.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by JBA2848]

So...what else is he going to say...follow the money trail.
Here's a snippet I read this morning

snip
I received the following this weekend from a commercial airline captain:

"George, Saturday afternoon, just flew from Chicago to Orlando. do this often. Around 14000" a dark hazy level across the state (Florida) as far as I could see. Have never seen this before. There were T-storms north of Orlando that didn't seem to make any difference. Also, just north of Atlanta, for a short time at 33000' I smelt oil in the air. I am an airline pilot and am always in the air."
snip
source

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Im sure Charlie Crist would just say. " Come to the beach buy some bottle rockets and fire works and see if you can start the Gulf on fire."
He doesn't care he just wants the tourist money. I spent last forth of july at St Pete. I just wonder if they will let all those barges full of fireworks do the normal shows around the big hotels this year? Not sure if the will give out the permits like they normally do?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeropointt07

No only that but Florida is big peninsula with water in three parts of it, so darn is plenty of beaches down the south and the east to go bath in the waters, so can somebody explain why people are still bathing in the side where the oil leak is?.

To that is not really an intelligent answer to it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
As a kid on the SoCal beaches, we would sometimes pick up the occasional tar bit from the natural coastal seepage. This gulf stuff is wayyy beyond that.

No, those beaches are not fit to walk on or swim in. I can see what officials mean about "waves", but, come on, the stuff from the previous "wave" just disappears? And the fumes disappear?

reply to post by Boomer1941

I wondered where the oil burning smoke would go.
Anyone have more info re gulf smoke and winds aloft? Anyone in Florida notice this haze?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Is not my friend, the problem is how you bring the truth, sometimes a littler big of sugar goes a long way.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
I hope you all die now that is all! get your troops out of Afghanistan or i'll drop a damn match in the gulf fat asses.

I'm sure most others are ignoring you by now - I pressed the Ignore button but sadly you're still there. Anyway, I'm not fat, I've never driven a car and never plan to, and I signed tons of petitions and attended many protests to keep our greedy warmongers off your land. So....don't you have somewhere better to bitch about this stuff over and over?

ATS is full of some of the most environmentally aware, war-weary, intelligent American activists/non-MSM reporters/we-know-the-war-is-stupid-and-we're-not-big-fans-of-it-either people I've seen so far. Really, you should find a better venue for your anger. Not all Americans are part of the problem. If you wanna hit your target, maybe you should buy some adspace during Jersey Shore. Until then, please, leave us to discuss the things that are important to us - if American government focused more on our country, as they should be doing all the time, maybe they'd stay the hell out of yours, which they never should've touched to begin with. In the meantime you're annoying everyone, and I feel silly even replying because it's taking up more space that could be used to discuss the issue at hand. I'm pretty sure Allah would rather you enjoy your life and focus more on inner peace, as all good/loving/peaceful ideas of deities do, than spend your days sitting at your computer and bothering the hell out of ATS members.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Edit to remove my own off topic rant. Sometimes the edit is your best friend when things get over heated.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by N.of norml]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dead shrimp blues
I live in a small isolated community on Perdido Bay. This morning I let the cat out, the chemical smell was terrible. I felt it go to the bottom of my right lung. Coughed for a while.
I have tried talking to our local volunteer firefighters, they act like nothing is wrong. These guys have known 4 generations of my family and yet they will say nothing.
I am so afraid. I have faced hurricanes with trepidation but not fear. I can't sleep well even with medications.
It's so quite, no planes flying except the ones spraying corexit. No sound of boat motors.
I am seriously thinking about buying some H to keep on hand just in case we are forced by the military into camps. Just kill myself and get it overwith. My home is all I have I have no where to go. I have no money and am to old to pick up and leave to try to start over again.
God help us all.

So in skimming over all the hate mongering and slandering on the thread, I came across this post by you, seemingly over-looked so far.

How sad that this situation has been forced upon you and caused you so much distress that you are talking about taking your own life.

This is what it all comes down to. Aside from the horrible impact this obviously has on our environment, it is disrupting and completely changing the way of life for literally thousands of people.

I am so sorry that you feel this way and I wish I had the words to help you. I supose all I can say is that when I am feeling at my worst, I try and look at what I DO have and the positive things in my life. I know it is bad, but there must still be some good. I have read some vey meaningful posts from you and you seem like a strong person. I hope you come through this okay.

U2U me anytime...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder how they are going to tell the fakers looking for money and those suffering from psychosomatic illnesses from those who are really having problems.

I keep watching the air quality reports and large portions of California and the Northeast are more dangerous nearly every day.

Hysteria will certainly play a role in this. A percentage of us are prone to that.

It is clear to me that they have a huge task to try and weed out the false claims, when some of the victims will believe they are sick even if they are not.

I've seen this in action first hand. A truck from a Brewery had a hose break in front of a trailer park and the gray water they were carrying spilled out near where I lived at the time. It was just water that was used to process the hops and you could drink it if you wanted. One woman went hysterical and before the hour was up, the whole park was at the hospital yelling they were sick. Even after they knew what was spilled, they filed a law suit anyway. Not one woman, the whole park was in on it. I'll bet a lot of the same happens there in the Gulf.

There will be real cases, but that will be rare I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

God help us all.

Hang in there. The camps are myth perpetuated by idiots.

You should pen an email to the Obama Administration and let them know your feelings and forward copies to the media outlets. If you do have to move for a time, it should be in a luxury Hotel room at BP's expense.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hi All,

This is really an off topic, but I don't yet have enough posts to start my own thread. This isn't because I am not engaged emotionally in this travesty, I just tend to pick and choose my spots for comment.

One thing that has recently caught my attention is the simple math on the oil leaking into the gulf. Or more importantly the ever revising admissions of the volume leaking into the gulf by BP and TPTB.

Some simple math.

Caveat, If I am off by a thousand here or there forgive me.

Initially BP claim 1,000 barrels a day.

Shortly there after when called on it they then claim up to 5,000 barrels a day.

Estimates vary and flux as the Feds get involved until we end up at around 25,000 - 60,000 barrels a day.

BP starts regularly reporting that they are capturing in the neighborhood of 24,000-26,000 barrels a day (in the previous 24hr period etc) of the leaking oil.

Wow, so if they are capturing that much how much must they be missing given the visual amount spewing on video?

News reports of another ship heading to the region that could capture as much as another 25,000 barrels a day.... HELLO?

If there is another 25,000 gallons to be captured with another vessel, and I doubt any of us are naive enough to assume they will be capturing anywhere near all of it (otherwise they would say so and problem solved) , then what is the real number of barrels per day being released?

Logic would dictate that is it at least 24,000 + new ship (20,000 - 25,000) + what they would still be missing which realistically could easily still be as much as they are capturing.

More and more I am convinced that what is escaping is an order of magnitude more than what they keep adjusting too.

Sometimes I hate math.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

God help us all.

I am not going to tell you nothing is wrong, especially when you know it isn't.
I have to say I read your post after a bit of rudeness on the thread and had to wait for a cooler head to respond to you brother man. I think what you just said is the emotional straw which has broken this camel's back. I have tried to use my place of marginally greater safety to share what I know about the dangers of just what you experienced.
"This morning I let the cat out, the chemical smell was terrible. I felt it go to the bottom of my right lung. Coughed for a while."
Those words moved me like no others as I know this is just the beginning of the gas landing.
That said sir I would suggest serious consideration of a cartridge/canister style mask that is rated for VOC's, H2S and acidic vapors.
Although under reported or omitted completely is the fact a significant component of the gasses are acids such as HCL, HF, and HCN(cyanide).
If that breath hit you to the bottom of your lung and if it felt like you had a shortness of breath after it was highly likely acid vapor.
Sir , I feel strongly that the fact you are aware has already given you an edge you can use to survive. This is coming from a broken and toxified person on SSD due to pesticide exposure. I too have felt like taking a trip down to the "whitaker neighborhood" for the black pill so to speak while in the depths of my despair over the events which preceded my disability and my impotence at recourse against those who did this to me( a whole nuther post) but I turned this into "When it get time to go, some ya'll are coming too" and it helps me keep getting up and carrying on. At present I do have something worth living for but also know how quickly it all can be snatched away( ~day 70 now?) when they have taken it too they will know my name and why I came before we all get to St, Peter.
Know while there is little I can do for you folks beyond tell you like it is to the best of my knowledge and experience, I hold you all in my prayers. Hang in there brother man and tell your story so it can become a part of the shout that says ENOUGH!.
God bless you and yours,
Jim

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join