It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pensacola beach opens against federal advice; 400 people sick

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
... Thank god you people are not in power.

But they ARE IN POWER!

That's the problem in the world today.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Sorry to burst your bubble of selfrighteousness, my friend, but anybody that have a darn TV has seen the Oil leak on the news, be good or bad.

So anybody that goes to the gulf to get into the waters are plain stupid because they know that is oil in the water it is in the news for god sake

Plain stupid, if you travel from anywhere in the US to Florida without knowing what is going on in the gulf to bath yourself in the waters you are been plain dumb and seeking monetary compensation while gambling with your health and those of your children.

So this smells like opportunist looking for a buck.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes, you know what, you are right, they are not plain stupid the people bathing themselves in the waters of the gulf knowing that is a spill are opportunist because is lawyers that will help them look for compensation on their scams

Oil SpillsHas Your Health Been Harmed Due To An Oil Spill?
Fill Out The Form Below For A Free Evaluation

OIL SPILLS - Oil spills have a serious economic and ecological impact. They also have a horrendous impact on human health. Even if you are not in the immediate vicinity of an oil spill, you can be affected by it through ground water sources, food source contamination, and even in the air you breathe. Most people think of an oil spill as something that happens when an oil tanker leaks into the ocean. The most notable modern day occurrence is the Exxon Valdez catastrophe. While the public is often made to focus on catastrophic oil tanker spills, it is not the only way oil can be released into the ecological system. Tankers are in fact not the most common way the ground and water are contaminated by oil. Careless disposal of engine oil, mechanical breakdowns, business equipment, natural disasters, and even terrorism have a greater impact on land sources of oil spills and can create health hazards for everyone living or working in a given area.

www.thepicenter.com...

learn the lesson of human greed

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Consistent symtomes tells me they are getting the same as the clean up workers. It is truely sad not everone is informed as we are and rely on the gov and other officials to do th eright thing but do I damn the people for beleaving them???? No, I use to be one of them.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PunisherSupreme

But they ARE IN POWER!

Yea you got me there. Those are exactly the kind of people running the world today. I really find it disturbing that these people were told by their government officials that it was ok to swim and yet people here are calling them stupid and saying the deserve to be sick. That last poster was even using natural selection to insinuate they should die. Why do so many people think they're better than everyone else? They're not.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You know this how? You have personally met every one of these people and they personally told you that their plan is to sue? Or are you just so brilliant that you know that every single person on planet earth except for the few elite on ATS are idiots?

I am trying to knock you Hitlers of ATS, saying that people deserve to get sick and/or die, down a peg. Unlike you some people still trust their government. They just don't know any better. Its not like they jumped the "do not swim the water is toxic" fence. The beach was open.

I'm not being self-righteous, I'm being understanding. Unlike so many here.

And lets hope they sue BP for every past penny of that 20 billion and then some. BP deserves to pay for all their corner cutting.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

My friend, just drop the rhetoric and get back into the OP story.

Opinions are like butt holes we all have one even me, but you can not expect respect when you rather than expressing disappointment just goes directly to post and member attacks.

First it was amusing to read your post on attacks but now is getting old

Have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If these people were really swimmming at the beach then its time to hand out the Darwin Award

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PunisherSupreme

But they ARE IN POWER!

Yea you got me there. Those are exactly the kind of people running the world today. I really find it disturbing that these people were told by their government officials that it was ok to swim and yet people here are calling them stupid and saying the deserve to be sick. That last poster was even using natural selection to insinuate they should die. Why do so many people think they're better than everyone else? They're not.

I will tell you the reason for this lunacy.

This private site is FULL of zionist disinfo agents attempting to propagate their agenda.

You can identify them easily because their comments are inhuman and ALWAYS blame Muslims, People who believe in human rights, people in general, mankind.

Find it funny how they blame those that want to swim as opposed to those that have perpetrated the crimes in the first place?

If BP was a Muslim company MOST of the people here would be spitting hate against that company (and Islam) and SHOWING pictures of little children being harmed by the toxic water who are unable to enjoy their holiday by swimming or being told it is safe to swim and being harmed by the chemicals.

It's all part of a sick agenda and sad but true almost every thread I've read is full of posters furthering an agenda of hate, murder, mass murder, genocide and hate.

Yes, I put a muslim dimension to this analogy but look at the trends of people commenting today and look at their hypocrisy.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by PunisherSupreme]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

Maybe you (or someone else with knowledgeable info) can help me out on something I've been thinking about all this time.

What are the levels of exposure to oil workers (rig operators, refinery workers, anyone who has prolonged exposure to fumes from pumping--transport trucks, family cars, etc.), how do they avoid it, and do they have to work in any type of protective clothing/gear?

What is the health like of people in these industries? The last person I personally knew who worked off shore or in any aspect of the industry, I've lost contact with.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So the Mayor decides to open the beaches in hopes of what?...pretending there isn't a problem and raking in some tourist dollars?...despite the EPA saying they shouldn't.

I have to ask...any pics of the Mayor happily splashing around in the water?

If not the residents of Pensacola should require him to take a swim for an hour or resign.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
So the Mayor decides to open the beaches in hopes of what?...pretending there isn't a problem and raking in some tourist dollars?...despite the EPA saying they shouldn't.

I have to ask...any pics of the Mayor happily splashing around in the water?

If not the residents of Pensacola should require him to take a swim for an hour or resign.

Oh my gosh there is another normal human being in the room that doesn't think these people should be killed. Great post. That exactly what I think should happen.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I was at our Main Fire Station today in Tallahasseee. I asked the about the breathing problems and fumes. (My wife and youngest son have colds, and I have a sore throat...odd for June/jULY) Anyhow, the Firemen said there were not any harmful chemicals associated with the oil spill. Some of these guys have been cleaning up at the beaches either voluntarily, or through their official duties, and they said there is very little actually harmful stuff in the oil fumes, unless you have prolonged exposure (years not days) or unless you are in a quite concentrated and enclosed area.

Now these guys are the experts, so I tend to believe them, and they are out there practicing what they preach, so it means they believe it.

Still, this sinus infection going around my town is very odd?

My son works at a busy lunch shop here in downtown Birmingham and he said that lots of people are all complaining of a few similar "problems:"

Blurry vision, spots in front of the eyes, exhaustion, unexplained fatigue, headaches. But no one is "ill."

I noticed I've had a weird little cough and very blurry eyesight the last three weeks. Allergy meds have no effect, unusual for me, to say the least.

I've wondered...I guess many of us are wondering.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

Maybe you (or someone else with knowledgeable info) can help me out on something I've been thinking about all this time.

What are the levels of exposure to oil workers (rig operators, refinery workers, anyone who has prolonged exposure to fumes from pumping--transport trucks, family cars, etc.), how do they avoid it, and do they have to work in any type of protective clothing/gear?

What is the health like of people in these industries? The last person I personally knew who worked off shore or in any aspect of the industry, I've lost contact with.

Most industrial operations have monitoring devices aplenty the folks working refineries and production are all "protected" by fairly advanced detection equipment.
My experiences are from the 70's and we all were certified in using supplied air should an alarm sound. Granted this was mostly for H2S, it being the main outgas from the fields of central cali. Processing plants and refineries have multiple sensors for VOC's, H2S and a formal protocol for what to do in case of a release. In this case you are actually safer working production than simply breathing the air near the ocean.
So to answer your question. If the air over the gulf right now were around a processing plant alarms would be going off like mad and the plant evacuated of all non-essential personnel while any persons required to remain would be in full protective gear.
When all protocol is followed working in production is only marginally dangerous regarding toxic exposure.
However in this case there are no detection devices that can cover the entire coast and the residents will be exposed to levels of these substances that even production workers are protected from.
At some point soon I will post a synopsis of the factual dangers both immediate and long term
I have posted the data in several threads but am feeling it deserves a complete thread bringing the info together in on place.
There are so many facets to the disaster that the true scope is only just emerging after nearly 3months and I mean just emerging we, as yet, have only an inkling of the extent of the contamination by the main volatile toxic gasses. I fear it will not be until the first cases of leukemia and or liver failure that the real danger of these gasses will be fully realized.
N.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
www.surfsmooth.com...

A good hd video titled "Black Wednesday" of Pensacola Beach that morning the oil rolled in.

Found it here at this web cam website .

www.innerlightsurf.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
www.surfsmooth.com...

Another hd video of Pensacola Beach, Monday, June 28th, 2010 showing all the frontend loaders they brought in for clean up.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I was at our Main Fire Station today in Tallahasseee. I asked the about the breathing problems and fumes. (My wife and youngest son have colds, and I have a sore throat...odd for June/jULY) Anyhow, the Firemen said there were not any harmful chemicals associated with the oil spill. Some of these guys have been cleaning up at the beaches either voluntarily, or through their official duties, and they said there is very little actually harmful stuff in the oil fumes, unless you have prolonged exposure (years not days) or unless you are in a quite concentrated and enclosed area.

Now these guys are the experts, so I tend to believe them, and they are out there practicing what they preach, so it means they believe it.

Still, this sinus infection going around my town is very odd?

I just have to comment on this:

I am a Vol. firefighter/EMT and have been for over 7 years. I train other FF/EMT's and have a week-long hazmat training certification. Over the years I have had the opportunity to work with both volunteers and career firefighters. The week long training I recieved was way above and beyond the normal 8 hr course we get at our fire academy here in washington State, but it still doesn't even qualify me as a hazmat technition. Having said that, the certification I have is more than what most of the volunteers have and probably more than what over half of the career guys/gals in this area have. I know NOTHING about cleaning up an oil spill (other than a few gallons at a gas station/MVA). The basic HAMZAT training firefighters recieve is only about how to use the response books and material. The advanced course I took focused more on weapons of mass destruction/nuclear/gas/etc. We are trained how to DECON people that have been exposed to 'dangerous material' and how to properly wear personal protective equipment. We are NOT trained on how to clean-up and protect ourselves from massive oil spills in the ocean!!!

Oil spills and the hazards associated with them are extremely unique. The ONLY people that have the knowledge about it are the ones that work with it. I would listen to a guy that's worked in the oil industry over a FF ANY day when it comes to the situaton down there.

SO...not to put down your local firefighters or anything, but they have NO IDEA what they are talking about.

After you explained what they had said about it being safe, you then went on to describe the physical symptoms you and your family are displaying.

I would suggest that if you are looking for the truth, simply look at yourself and your family. Look at all the people around you. THAT is the truth.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by westcoast]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Some people need to lend a hand instead of pointing at people who put faith in "The system" and hoping they die because of it. We should appriciate were awake to this whole system of bullspit and not go overkill on others who are trapped in the matrix...lol. Especically hoping something bad happens to them beause of wanting to go swimming. Bad on them for not being "situationally aware" esspecially if they have kids..but dang...we need to take care of each other cause these are going to be VERY tought times every day ahead (exponentially).

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My heart is totally broken! Will we ever be able to stop the oil? I feel terrible when we can't control things! And what is up with the hateful comments? Please, people, have a heart! I know some of the people who live and work there, and they are hurting and suffering! I am totally freaked-out just looking at the pictures! To see that sugar-white sand covered in oil is so shocking!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If this emoticon
had hair sticking straight up, that is how I would use it right now. A few times!

Ok. I hadn't thought about the sensors in working conditions. Good Lord! Those poor people along the coast!

Another question to put out here, for anyone with the knowledge. Are there any monitoring systems (I'm thinking like the Air Pollution Control Districts in California) that could be used along the gulf coasts? Do those coasts already have some sort of monitoring system, in general or around refineries?

Of course, even with monitoring, when the source can't be shut down or checked to see if their scrubber equipment is working, like what's coming in over the gulf waters, that would present a problem in and of itself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join