It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto... Police take 200 people hostage.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

It needs to be noted that G20 protests have always been a good time to riot. In the UK we have soccer fans who don't turn up for the game, but to fight. Those dressed in black set out to cause trouble. Whether some were police looking to incite violence or hardened direct action protesters, we may never know.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You are not looking at the bigger picture.
Our Govt has recklessly spent BILLIONS!
Look up the E-health scandal.
1Billion Dollars.
We have bureaucrats spending $10,000 on their own retirement party.To be honest I'm not that worried about the cop car.
I'm worried about the stories I'm hearing from the locals.
Cages...Our police chief is stuttering like someones got a knife to his back.
We're told there was weapons...
But...
He doesn't know what weapons...
Face Palm.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
what kind of a fool burns police cars , and destroys property and then cannot understand why they are arrested? if it wasn't a protest , just random violence everyone would be condemning them. thats not to say i disagree with protesting , just the needless violence that occurred.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I AGREE
EVRYBODY WHO DRESSES UP LIKE A NINJA DESERVES 2 GET THE LIVING CHIT KICKED OUT OF THEM,LMAO
I HOPE UR KID DREESES UP LIKE ONE 4 HALLOWEEN

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Somewhere in a lot of this ranting, people are missing the cause and effect of all of this.

Canada...normally very peaceful and without a whole lot of police misconduct (some of course, but it is not widespread)...felt it necessary to deploy 19,000 some odd police and security forces for this meeting.

Why? Because all previous G-8/G-20 meetings have been peaceful love-ins, but Canadians wanted to provoke people to violent protest? Um, no.

Because all previous summits have been marred by senseless violence perpetrated by protesters...and Canada is obligated to protect the top leaders in the world (and other citizens) while the meetings are on.

This was a ridiculous amount of money for any country to spend for a meeting of any kind. The police presence, and what happened, was quite predictable.

Considering the price tag and the inevitable mayhem, though, why would any country want to host these meetings?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by tribaltrip

Nobody has a right to smash windows or burn cop cars. It sucks that innocent people may have been caught up in the arrests, but that is not the fault of the cops. The idiots dressed like ninjas causing trouble are to blame.

So by your logic when someone commits a murder on your street it's ok to haul everyone living there to jail? Including you and your family members who just happened to be there?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Listen to yourself.... You claim the need for justice and peace while you advocate the willful destruction of private and public property. By your own actions you have received the justice you deserve. The police are acting within the scope of their mandate, in a manner befitting their creed while showing a lot of restraint I might add. Anyone advocating peace and justice while breaking windows and burning cars is a hypocrite of the highest level and should be locked up.

Good on the police at the G-8.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
So by your logic when someone commits a murder on your street it's ok to haul everyone living there to jail? Including you and your family members who just happened to be there?

If everyone living there had been wandering down the street in a big mob, chanting about how much they hated the guy that just got murdered, I think that would be fair, yes.

People were detained. The majority of them were held briefly, questioned, and let go without charge. Others faced a judge.

Not the best case scenario, but certainly not the crime against humanity that some people are making it out to be.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Nobody has a right to smash windows or burn cop cars. It sucks that innocent people may have been caught up in the arrests, but that is not the fault of the cops. The idiots dressed like ninjas causing trouble are to blame.

Your twisted logic astounds me. You cannot compare the two scenarios. The protester hide among and are protected by those same "innocent" bystanders. If you don't like the heat stay out of the fire.

In other words... If you want to protest peacefully, be a man, show your face and do it openly in an organized manner. Don't join the protesters that hide their faces and advocate violence as a means of protest.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by E-ville
I do believe the camera is the new gun of sorts.. is every protester took photos and video these criminals cant get away with any misdoings. Even better is live broadcasting your footage so even if they take the camera and confiscate it the footage goes out live to the rest of the world..

Wow, you just explained and justified the mindset behind the installation of CCTV cameras in London. And in so doing, that paragraph could be the right reasons to put CCTV cameras in every part of the country.,

Congrats.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

To think with common sense, this is a big event with protesters coming from different parts of Canada and the world, if any of them witnessed someone getting killed then their testimonies could be vital. Of course, its harder to get testimonies from anyone when they remain anonymous and spread out across a large piece of land like Canada or in far away places.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join