It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto... Police take 200 people hostage.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Currently the protestors have been met with an intense opposition of police officers.
They have them trapped and are taking everyones names and info and putting them in a court service truck.
WTF is going on!!!!!
They have arrested multiple media people.
and are arresting any one taking pictures.
oh dear.
www.cp24.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Good find.

The only answer is for EVERYONE to start taking pictures. They can't arrest everyone surely?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

The following link will give you the latest info:

www.cp24.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I do believe the camera is the new gun of sorts.. is every protester took photos and video these criminals cant get away with any misdoings. Even better is live broadcasting your footage so even if they take the camera and confiscate it the footage goes out live to the rest of the world.. this isn't hard to do now with cell data packages etc. and using video hosting services ike ustrea justin.tv and livestream

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

At least no one has died. Last year in the UK an innocent bystander was attacked by the police during the riots which contributed to the victim suffering a heart attack.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I heard yesterday some poor reporter got shot with a rubber bullet in the butt. Another one got a gun shoved in his face after identifying himself. These cops are on a power trip now.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

And a billion dollars was spent on security. How do you spend a billion dollars? I mean, that would buy you a new nuclear submarine in the UK.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
THEY ARE TAKING THEM BUS BY BUS...
No is leaving unless they are being arrested...
my friends, this is the last place I thought I would see this.
In my local city.
In the sub-urbs there is out here.
Many people are very disappointed.
we are all watching in shock.
And yes I agree E-Ville, The camera is the new gun.
I have pictures from yesterday I will post them ASAP

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Dozens of people are making the trek to a Toronto courthouse to bail out friends and family members arrested at Saturday's G20 riot.

Maybe, this is how they plan to get the money they spent back and the reason why they "push" the people to riot?
That and making new laws are the only reasons that I can think of for them to do this.

For those of you that don't know what is going on and who is doing what, here is a wiki link that you should read. From the evidence shown, I believe that this is what is happening.
I also believe that when Alex Jones was acting weird in rallies and protests, he was trying to show us what this cointelpro was all about. Even though I don't like the guy, he has lots of knowledge about this and there are a few videos of him explaining this in detail and could help us find the people that are doing this to the protesters and point them out.

COINTELPRO

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Elieser]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
They are currently putting people in cages!
People have been released for medical purposes and said they were put in cages and referred to as "rats" by the cops.
They claimed their rights, and they were to stop complaining.
And threatened her, he would put her in a single wooden cage.
and showed A1, A2, A3, A4 to her.
They are shutting us up!!!
People don't you see!
We don't need bank windows.
We don't need police cruisers?
WE DON'T NEED MORE POLICE!
We need justice?
*sigh* are we really just going to let it happen.
American's feel my pain.
For where you were in Pittsburgh I see on my door step

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

i think it may be worth considering or thinking about who security could be?

in pittsburgh during the last (i think it was the last..) G20, the entire city was filled with security. to say it was alarming is an understatement. creepy scary police state looking alarming.

what was interesting was that none of the local policemen that i know worked security for the event. i thought it was very odd. you would think that every policeman and policewoman in a 60 mile radius of the city would be used full time + overtime during those couple of days. but they weren't.

it definitely made me question where security was coming from. and who security is. and where the money for security is coming from and going. and the security was obnoxious. over the top wasteful.

from what i saw it seemed like "security" was an entity that moved in and out of the city with an almost admirable organization and speed. it looked like the military almost but military are not allowed to police and arrest citizens, right? at least in the U.S. not sure how it works in Canada..

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
i read today in msm they have a special court for thm all specialy f g8
sick

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nltkn
reply to post by LarryLove

i think it may be worth considering or thinking about who security could be?

in pittsburgh during the last (i think it was the last..) G20, the entire city was filled with security. to say it was alarming is an understatement. creepy scary police state looking alarming.

what was interesting was that none of the local policemen that i know worked security for the event. i thought it was very odd. you would think that every policeman and policewoman in a 60 mile radius of the city would be used full time + overtime during those couple of days. but they weren't.

it definitely made me question where security was coming from. and who security is. and where the money for security is coming from and going. and the security was obnoxious. over the top wasteful.

from what i saw it seemed like "security" was an entity that moved in and out of the city with an almost admirable organization and speed. it looked like the military almost but military are not allowed to police and arrest citizens, right? at least in the U.S. not sure how it works in Canada..

so so true. They get outsider cops who wont have a problem beating up and arresting their own citizenry. It part of the foreign troops tactics. Now Canada understands. And all these people moan about a few broken windows like thats more of a crime than areesting people for nothing

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nltkn

It looked more like rent-a-cop in Toronto. It is a real sign of the police state times to see what was unveiled during the protests.

You make a good point. Whose security?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Absolutly.
These banks have ruined peoples lives.
It appears they dwindled the crowd to 30 at the least.
And let them free.
But the rest all went to the storage.
But like I said...People reported wooden cages for the ones that spoke out.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Extremely expensive security, most ever spent. Even France's president was heard saying when he hosts it next year he can do it for 1 tenth of the cost of Canada. Someone else from overseas, I think Russia, commented on how dangerous it must be for world leaders in Canada to spend that kind of money. I heard the number of cops/military on hand was 19,000. I don't think we even have that many fighting overseas

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You are correct.
We don't even have that many men over seas.
Remember people.
Glass windows, replaceable.
The peoples rights unobtainable...or at least I thought.
My local news keeps refering to these black bloc as some sort of organization.
When really Black bloc is a form of protesting.
If you watch the protest, there was a void of fear when the car was a blaze.
They arrested 250 peoples yesterday and today did about the same.
over 500!!!!
500 People we're arrested for practicing their rights!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
"According to the Globe and Mail, 10,000 uniformed police officers, 1,000 security guards, and several Canadian military forces will be deployed during the summit.[12] The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) conducted Amalgam Virgo exercises on May 6–7 across the Greater Toronto Area using CF-18 Hornet jets, CH-124 Sea Kings and CH-146 Griffon helicopters at low altitudes.[13] The total cost for security at both the G8 and the G-20 summits was determined to be $930 million.[14] The entire cost will be handled by the federal government, excluding local business damages.[15]"

" More officers from the Ontario Provincial Police were deployed, doubling the number of total officers to 20,000.[163]"

This was taken from: en.wikipedia.org...

That's insane. We don't have near that many out fighting a war anywhere.

Plus we're still paying for having the Olympics here! I see more tax raises coming.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So the police chief has now said it was because men "dawned black mask's". That was a precipitation of what to come.
So they took action...
Excuse me while I spit on the ground.
As the crowd said.
SHAME!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Nobody has a right to smash windows or burn cop cars. It sucks that innocent people may have been caught up in the arrests, but that is not the fault of the cops. The idiots dressed like ninjas causing trouble are to blame.

<<   2 >>

join