It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When should I evacuate? (Orlando)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by condition9 there is some dam good evidence this president and the forces at work are all about killing us and creating extreme problems asw we all know

I am new here as well, but if you have some dam (sic) good evidence that this president is killing us, please include with your sudden screaming posts.

If not, start educating yourself. Here's a quick brush-up (read the 'READ THIS' section under the vid - better yet, I'll include even tho it's a bit OT here)

www.youtube.com...

READ THIS: Dick Cheney's deregulation agenda is the real (underlying) reason / cause behind the US oil spill by British Petroleum (BP) in 2010 off the coast of Louisiana in the Gulf of Mexico. Deregulation coupled with lax government oversight (lackies appointed by Dick Cheney at the helm) lead to the omission of key safety features and protocols, a free pass for drilling licenses, emphasis on profit over safety, and absolutely NO PLAN for containment of blowouts. In addition, the courts in the Gulf States, are completely stacked with Republican appointees (like Feldman) with major investments in or connections with BIG OIL (see last paragraph).

Must read: www.nytimes.com...

For example, George W Bush and Dick Cheney helped block a 2002/03 Bill that would have required the use of acoustic switches as a means to activate the blowout preventer (BOP).

Also, BP did not want to lose an oil well (by activating the BOP); this would have cost them future profit in addition to the costs for exploration and preparation of the well. This is most evident when you look at attempts in the first month and a half: all of the post-blowout efforts have been focused on SAVING the well; it was only after more than a month before BP attempted "TOPKILL", which would have sealed the well.

Lastly, US District Judge Martin Feldman, who overturned the temporary drilling ban on June 22, owns investments in Ocean Energy (Houston-based), Quicksilver Resources, Prospect Energy, Peabody Energy, Halliburton, Pengrowth Energy Trust, Atlas Energy Resources, Parker Drilling and others. Feldman is also a REAGAN appointee, in 1983. Conflict of interest or institutional corporate control over public policy?

Any more doubts about who runs America? Hint: its not you, the citizens of America. Drill Baby, Drill! Spill Baby, Spill. Now, clean it the fock up!

Some links:
www.newsweek.com...
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ladywhy

Any more doubts about who runs America? Hint: its not you, the citizens of America. Drill Baby, Drill! Spill Baby, Spill. Now, clean it the fock up!

You really shouldn't go so softy on the American public. It was just a couple of weeks ago that polls STILL SHOWED the majority of Americans favored expanded drilling. Recent polls over the years place the environment as THE LEAST concern over all things the US public considers important. You cannot get any more stupid than the US public - and now 41% think that JC is coming back soon to fix everything. Welcome to the dark ages.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

Is this for real?

How paranoid are some of you? It's honestly more frightening than the oil spill itself. Please, retain your grip on reality. It's an oil spill, not doomsday. You'll be perfectly fine where you are.

Stop letting an apparent love for conspiracy theories turn you into something less than delusionally paranoid.

Your smarmy response indicates that you do not have a grip on the magnitude of the disaster, the toxicity of the ingredients, nor the proximity many of our gulf residents have to the toxic stew.

When a Tropical system whips this stuff up onshore, you will understand why people have been fearful. Why don't you go read up on this disaster before you start calling people paranoid etc. Huh?

Are you anywhere near enough to the area to be talking down to folks like like this???

Do you realize how far Orlando is from the coast?

Seriously, if you're not 20 feet or less from the beach there's no need to evacuate. The oil's not gonna get to you there.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
You really shouldn't go so softy on the American public.

Those words were part of the vid's quote, not mine, but I agree:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity
and I'm not sure about the former." - Einstein

BTW, love your avatar - wanted to say so in another thread here : )

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

since i added u 2 my friends list
would u please explain why u think florida is in no danger
cuz i think ur wrong

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Dutch

Dutch, whenever I'm faced with making a major decision, I get a notebook and pen, and on the first page I draw a line through the center.

In your case, on one side of the page, write... "The Benefits of Staying." on the other side... "The Benefits of Leaving."

Then start writing, and be honest. By the time your lists are to the bottom of the page, you will have your decision made.

Then on the 2nd page, create your plan, how you will accomplish your goal.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

That might work in South Dakota -- but no where else. Planning, as a general rule, doesn't work.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Wondering why one would need to ask the opinion of others about when he/she needs to evacuate? While there are those, as suggested, who wait for MSM to tell them to leave. . .it would seem that anyone with the snese to even visit ATS would also be able to know when to evacuate a dangerous situation.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but seriously, if my house is on fire I will not wait until my post is at the top of ATS to then decide to flee. Should I also ask meaningless questions such as "When should I feed my cat? (With A Bowl)?

Believe me, I know how hard it is to not sound like a jerk, as I've been told often enough. Yet if you have to ask others when you might need to save yourself. . .

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Divine Strake]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Dutch
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Rofl. Probably b/c i've never been forced to work, or b/c my family is somewhat privileged, but that sounds as if it would kill me.

Probably wouldn't be too bad for me though.

And no one wants a gold digger. I'd sooner pay a prostitute than get a gold digger girlfriend.

I do still plan on getting that SAS Survival Handbook today, though.

Go ahead, and buy SAS survival

but check on ebay first for everything....

Never underestimate oneself and the ability you have. Work will make you strong and at the end of a day you'll have accomplished something which is a psychological high. These gulf workers have none of that because the oil just keeps plastering the beaches. So you are better off, also you don't have to go all out with the work right away. Work for this man a few weeks, and when strong enough look for more PAYING work! I'm sure he'll feed you and unlike me with a dumb ass cigarette habit you have no expenses.

Staying in Florida for the summer with no work prospects, and people complaining about the petrol smell is a real Loser and so what have you do? The women who look good in a Bikini will opt for a clean pool versus an oily smelly beach. So all you have left is old people (on a budget) little snot nose brats throwing oil on each other and sweaty BP workers who are unhappy with the job.

TRAVEL while you're young is my motto, you need this experience. In fact set up a little ATS diary with pics and your story, have a paypal account and people here will send you a few donations to keep you in soda and stuff. I'll send you 5usd once you arrive at the new destination and prove to this man you're an able worker!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The Dutch

My dear, I would leave yesterday if I were you. In all seriousness. I have said before that anyone living within 200 miles of the Gulf of Mexico needs to bug out as far to the north as they can.

There are jet stream problems with some of the VOC's from the Gulf transiting to the north, but in general your best bet is Montana if you are going to stay in the States or somewhere in Canada.

My family is very large and I have a granddaughter and her family in Miami and she has taken a new job in Argentina so she and her household have moved up their departure dates and will be in Buenos Aires in a few days.

It is not the nature of our family to be the last man out alive, and I encourage you to move as quickly as you can to leave. May the Divinity protect you within and outwith.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Lmao. Doesn't offend me broseph. I'm pretty chill.

I know that there was a debate about whether FL was gonna be safe or not, and I was wondering what others thought of the situation.

But using your house on fire analogy, I feel as if FL is the house, and the smoke is starting to build up. I'm honestly not sure if they will evac any parts of FL, but i'd rather leave the house while it's not 700 F, if you understand.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Dear Dutch, here's a question in response to your thoughts of:

Quite frankly, I don't see enough objective evidence to go anywhere at this time. Yeah, something REALLY bad could happen

Do you have fire insurance? Health insurance? Any other kind of insurance? You never expect bad things to happen to you, but an insurance is there for you should the unthinkable happen. My advice to you if you are in doubt over this situation: treat it just like an insurance. Take steps, precuations, preparations just in case things go mammaries up.

I prepared for extreme food shortages by having a well stocked larder. Everyone called me nuts until I explained it was my insurance, and then they understood. Very few followed my example, but at least they stopped calling me a fanatic.

So make preparations just in case and call it your disaster insurance.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just leave dutch when you finish school OK

have a fundraiser on ATS fly out and the man will pick you up at the Aport a bus is stupid a flight is cheaper, in 2 weeks time you'll have the $$$ and can just tell mother SORRY I DONT WANT TO DIE IN BP FUMES AND FIRES

Is mother providing a job? NO so.....be a man

this is what I would like for you have faith my friend you will have a great summer otherwise in Florida a BP victim....

Plus if you like it out there re-locate you're not the only young person who had to abandon family...

Believe in Allah or God all these answers are provided you just need too look.

Your life is not in Florida anymore this is my opinion and don't listen Doc velocity he will never eat oil. He is just another greedy land/oil baron raping America.....and you my friend are the fodder for his canon and bullsh**.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Rofl. I've read some of Doc Velocity's posts, and I can only ever think 2 things.

1) He's a disinfo agent

2) He has an IQ of 180 or so and knows a lot we don't.

(No hate Doc, unless you actually are a disinfo agent)

And i'm Agnostic. So I'll believe in Allah/God for a while, see how that get's me.

edit: I've been outta school for 4 weeks or so, haven't been keeping count.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by The Dutch]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by The Dutch]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't understand why some people feel the need to be rude and nasty when a poster just wants others opinions.

So my opinion will be:

If you have the means to leave go ahead and do it. You can always move back if nothing occurs. Not everyone could just up and leave but if you can without much damage to your current lifestyle then yes go

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Dutch
That's what I was thinking also. My parents are, unfortunately, calling me insane and only will respond when it's on the main stream media.

I might have to leave them

Or, could it be your parents are right?

Don't let these people on here goad you into something dumb like evacuating for no reason other than some wildly insane theories. The sky is not falling.

Worst case you will be exposed to a fraction of what an average auto mechanic is exposed to daily.

Do yourself a favor. Forget the volcano stuff, its a lie made up out of thin air by hysterical people who need medication. The area of the well is known to be geologically passive. Forget the collapse and the tsunami, because oil is not in a pool in a void. It is in the pores of solid rock. Forget the oil reaching the East Coast of Florida, as that was never possible. Oil degrades way faster than that. Forget the hysteria coming from those with visions of sugar plumbs and huge settlements from law suits over imaginary illnesses. They are scammers. Forget those who are suffering from psychosomatic illnesses already, even though the air quality is better than most cities almost all of the time.

I doubt your Parents think you are crazy. They just think you are getting bad information off the Internet and trying to wise you up.

Some of these posters pretending to be on your side are laughing out the sides of their faces and trying to goad you into doing something dumb. They are not your friends.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Doc Velocity does not have an IQ of 180 if he did and a master manipulator as portrayed he would realize the old edict more bees with honey or whatever I get lost in american colloquialisms.... If he is so smart why try and offend the gomrs? Would his effort be more productive as a wolf in sheep clothing ?! Of course it would be my young friend dutch! I imagine that the IQ you have is higher vs. this money grubbing fool.

One day this man will meet someone like me on the field of battle and all the funny business will be set aside. He'll wet his pants and cry for his mother trust me I know men such as these. They talk this huge game but rarely deliver.OK

now wait off on the SAS book I have a storage facility with many books survival and so forth...let me see what I can dig up if not SAS just as good.

Doc Velocity is a 128 IQ oil suv creep who in time face a higher power.

I have no idea why moderator/s support this BP shill

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As I suggested in another thread, get your stuff together what is precious to you and keep it ready along with some food, water, meds, etc. Start cleaning up stuff to lessen your load (and worry). If you have a second vehicle, ensure it is gassed up, and has items in there (stored) for when you decide you should go.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have to say go with your gut and pay attention. As for the BOB, if you're serious about putting a decent one together don't forget to include seeds. They're cheap and have good storage life. People often times overlook this. But while people are burning money to stay warm you would actually have something of worth. Best of luck.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
it's all over bp owns you!

goodbye

i tried helping but was the subject of ridicule I hated America to begin with for what you scavengers have done in the ME so it's not my problem anymore

I hope you all die just as you force my cousins in Afghanistan

karma is a biath NO

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join