It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When should I evacuate? (Orlando)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by Data_Corrupt

Ay,and please excuse the massive typos, I'm on a handmedown g1 phone, and its a pain in the neck

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well realistically, a hit to tourism and air quality might become a problem. So I don't think it's too farfetched to think ahead. The housing market was already bad in some areas...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
As you said I wouldn't wait to long or you might find yourself fighting for food gas and an escape route...

maybe I should think about leasing out trailer space on my mini farm out here in SE Kansas???? Do a trade we exchange rent for labor getting the old place up and running again.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'll just say that a few months ago a planned a trip to WDW in December. I could get all the money back still if I wanted, but I haven't seen any reason to cancel yet. I'll just be sure to beware of the fish...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
As you said I wouldn't wait to long or you might find yourself fighting for food gas and an escape route...

maybe I should think about leasing out trailer space on my mini farm out here in SE Kansas???? Do a trade we exchange rent for labor getting the old place up and running again.

Bartering doesn't work unless you have an AK pointed at someones head.

Instead pay them a wage and keep a close eye on the work, No reason why gomrs cannot work 12 hours daily on a clean farm. BP has people working for $10 in a toxic waste environment. Why don't you TS visit for the summer and get some work from him....Sounds like he can't have a job anyway, who knows he may turn out as a good worker and never return to the GOM...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The best thing you can do is sob uncontrollably, scream like a schoolgirl, and run around in circles waving your arms in inconsolable panic.

After reading most of the BP posts here, it's obvious there's a massive radioactive volcano that has been drilled into right in your back yard, and it will cave in and blow the Earth out of orbit, preceded by a bunch of trumpet blowing angels and talking eagles.

There's no running from it, apparently, we're all doomed.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

There's the thing, I'm an old retired guy and this is more of a hobby/survival farm rather then a money making enterprise... I wish I could pay an employee to help but... best I can manage is provide room and board and to someone walking away from everything that's not such a bad deal ya know.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
GET OUT WHY YOU STILL CAN! The end is near. Run from the coast. everyone is going to die. o no. the horror..... the horror.....

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well, judging from the thread, some to most people feel this is a danger and should consider evac at sometime, and a few who think... it's OK?

I'm not evaccing yet, which does give me time to call up family outside FL and get supplies together, but what I'm really worried about are:

1) The gases (Methane, benzene, etc) I doubt they're being tracked in open air by anyone in Florida's leading positions, and even if they are, they might not be availabe for public (?)

2) If there IS a mass evac issued by FEMA, I want to be far and away from wherever and whenever that happens.

I'd rely on info from people where we know the oil spill is effecting them, (Pensacola, surrounding areas) but they unfortunately seem to be idiots who want to go to the beaches, no matter what.

edit: the joke posts are probably as good as the serious ones

[edit on 28-6-2010 by The Dutch]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by brandi9748
I'm in Sarasota about 2 hrs. south of you. The Gulf of Mexico is literally in my back yard & I have no plans on leaving (as of now anyway). With that being said, oil washing up & soiling my son's feet is another story. I don't think that anyone will be forced to leave, however my son & I will take an extended vacation if & when that time should come. I hope that helps & good luck to you & your family.

Looks like we are neighbors I am in Parrish. No worries here either as our beaches and air quality are still pristine. Also no "oil rain" which I am guessing has been a complete fabrication from the beginning. The reason being most afternoon showers form over land on the gulf side and move east to west.

I am wondering where people are reading this garbage about evacuation etc.? Sounds like more hype for "webclickz" to me. It has worked well in the past with 60% of the crowd here in previous times.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Dutch
Well, looks like the time for Floridians is quickly running up. I'd like opinions of the ATS'ers of when I should evac Florida. (Other Gulf states also would be nice for others in concern)

I most defintiely do NOT want to wait until FEMA announces the plan. Highways will be so clogged up I doubt i'd get even close to halfway out of FL.

I live in at the East end of I-4 and don't plan on leaving at all.

You have 75 and 95 and a lot of little roads to get out on, no worries, just don't make it a rush.

I really don't think we will have to leave at all and you are WAY inland with quite a breeze carrying off land to see not sea to land.

So its OK to take the tinfoil and respirators off... FOR NOW>

I would be more concerned about what they put in Orlando's drinking water and all the disease brought to us from THE WORLD though our airports thanks to Disney and such.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

There's the thing, I'm an old retired guy and this is more of a hobby/survival farm rather then a money making enterprise... I wish I could pay an employee to help but... best I can manage is provide room and board and to someone walking away from everything that's not such a bad deal ya know.

No it isn't a bad deal.....

I always work even in this country and my Family has money but will only pay for essentials books, tuition, and rent.

So thread starter is only 16 he can put in an 8 hour day with you (no funny business laying around must meet goals) and afterwards work at a convenience store or for another farmer.

So wake up at 5am work at 6am done at 2pm and start work at 3pm second job hopefully until 11pm...... and repeat

He can have Sunday off for walks

when I was 15 worked in 115F weather 10+hr days at one of my fathers refinery in kuwait and was happy for the job! Most of my friends had nothing while I had nice clothes and whatever girl I wanted(same rule applies with them world over) You have $$$ You get the best women.....

This will teach the young man respect and he'll probably be rich one day!

So now he has a way out lets see if he takes it!

I WOULD if in the same boat.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
A few things to think about..

- If you believe that inland FL is a problem, then the entire southeast is even moreso (air currents come up from SW across gulf spill site).
- As to when you should evacuate inland? Keep you ear to the ground, and eyes open as to how the weakest and sickest folks are doing (they are the canary in the coal mine, the frog in the pond, etc). If you start seeing an unsurge in unusual respiratory and health issues related to these chemicals, its a sign things are getting worse. If you know a nurse, pharmacist, etc ask them to keep your posted about uptic in complaints.
- Every component chemical behaves differently and must be analyzed differently. Benzene is heavier than air and hangs low. There are not a lot of steering currents this time of year, so my fear is that these substances are building up in our atmosphere (instead of getting vented by upper level winds).
- In case there is an emergency and you didn't get ahead of the pack, you might as well stay put (as we can see there enough weapons worshipping crazies on this board alone which could cause you harm).
- Finally, there is a legit concern longterm for nasty air quality across the entire eastern US from this spill (its foolish to believe otherwise).

Drill baby drill!!

[edit on 28-6-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Rofl. Probably b/c i've never been forced to work, or b/c my family is somewhat privileged, but that sounds as if it would kill me.

Probably wouldn't be too bad for me though.

And no one wants a gold digger. I'd sooner pay a prostitute than get a gold digger girlfriend.

I do still plan on getting that SAS Survival Handbook today, though.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The problem is... If all this dread and gloom is not just some fabricated fear mongering to keep people from thinking. I am quite sure and I would back my life upon it that the USA is not in any danger of mass de-population or any such thing.

2012 is also another thing I used to believe but now think its just another mind trick to keep people in fear of the future, and hence keep them from acting out against the powers, but instead thinking of ways to hide/avoid and scurry away from it.

Once 2012 comes along and goes the world will still be in the same state as ever, and a new 'event of epic proportions' will surface... 2015 or 2020 maybe.

The worlds always being told its going to end... Usually by those who can make money off it. I.E booksellers, and movie makers.

And trust me, there will suddenly appear books or calender dates about 2015, 2020 and even 3000 of a race of people, maybe from the year 2000 who eyed the sky, and worked out with simple mathematics, and their brain calculaters that the world will yet again attempt to end itself at a specific date and everyone should go buy books and create anti-end of world shelters...

Anyway thats just my 2 cents, thanks for reading my anti doom and gloom post...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I would say leave now. There's a Hurricane brewing, and you don't want to be there when it slops (oil/corexit 9500) all of that nonsense on land.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by havanaja
Evacuation will be under tightly controlled military assistance (supervision).

This brings us to another problem, would the government really conduct an evacuation? If the these southern States were evacuated these people would no longer have jobs, no businesses would operate, no income, no mortgages being paid, no car payments being paid, no credit cards being paid on. Now if this were to happen with millions of people being displaced like this how long before the Banking System and Wall Street would Crash, almost immediately in my opinion and thus the collapse of the Dollar.

I think we're going to continue to see sanitized news media, news blackouts, looped video from BP and whatever they can keep from us before they would ever conduct a mass evacuation.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You should definitely leave now. There are two potential problems both of which you can avoid if you leave now:

1. FEMA calls for an evacuation and mass panic ensues. The National Guard will be called in, and potentially Martial Law enacted. Some people will be stupid, riot, murder, etc... You wouldn't want to be one of those accidental victims.

2. FEMA doesn't call for an evacuation for fear of points in #1 above. The result is that you get quite ill, perhaps die.

If it were me, I'd get my affairs in order, get my parents, and go north. Where to? Considering the fact the oil has already reached the Loop Current, it will begin to reach the North Atlantic within the next two months. This means New England is not a good idea. Try going to places like Indiana or Illinois.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Aoxoa

Only problem though is that NOAA satellite imagery shows that 1/3rd of the GOM is now coated with oil, not to mention what has been mixed with the sea water due to use of dispersants.

Oil is toxic. The gases being released are deadly. There is no chance that the facts are made up. Although it is possible that the tragedy was caused on purpose, fearing this oil and the gases isn't fear mongering because it is based upon scientific facts.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Personally, I would keep track of local cases of upper/lower respiratory cases, and if you do not have the option for that, Just wait until you start to smell funny chemicals and oil shows up at the beach or is well on it's way to you, you will know when that mass oil hits the currents in large quantities.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join