When should I evacuate? (Orlando)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by The Dutch

I'de leave now. Pack up what you need and ship the rest.

Once the SHTF it might be too late.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Well, Florida always gets Hurricanes sooner or later ......the oil is still leaking and will take years to clean up so you do the math.

Once the winds pick up, prepare to be Painted Black!!!!

If it was up to me I would get the heck out of there asap!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Having been raised on the Gulf Coast, I am so disgusted with this torrent of oil and methane. There are, I would think, different effects being in Orlando versus Tampa/St Pete. If I were in Orlando, just my opinion, if the water smells or tastes funny, leave. If the air is funny or smells funny, leave. I would be tormenting my emergency management people with requests for air study reports on Benzene, Methane, and other dangerous gasses. I would be driving the EPA wild wanting to know the safe limits of these chemicals so I could gauge when I might leave.

I hope you are far enough away from the coast on the Gulf side to have no serious harm. But I wouldn't bet on it these days.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I live south of you in Tampa. Why are you worried about anything?.. You never list any reasons in OP. Plus you are in the highest point of Florida basically, so why would you be worried about a hurricane?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I thought you guys had a possible evac warning issued/could be issued by FEMA soon?

Read it somewhere on ATS, can't remember where, probably breaking news/breaking political news section.

And I'm currently looking at what I could possibly need for a BOB (might as well get paranoid prepared for 2012, NWO, WW III and what not while i'm at it)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I was just pondering

If you're old enough join the Army, and ask for duty station in Afghanistan! you'll be far enough away from the GOM you can tell that Idiot Loke that JBL was correct about how the whole country is run on bribes and tribal warlords the Taliban have the real power.

Forget Iraq I think you have a higher survival rate in Aghan also if the Taliban capture you renounce the USA, and will prove it by fighting. They may let you live or a quick death. I seriously doubt any head chopping will happen SEE what you (Americans) have been told about the Taliban is a pack full of lies.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Dutch

I thought you guys had a possible evac warning issued/could be issued by FEMA soon?

Read it somewhere on ATS, can't remember where, probably breaking news/breaking political news section.

And I'm currently looking at what I could possibly need for a BOB (might as well get paranoid prepared for 2012, NWO, WW III and what not while i'm at it)

What are you talking about?

No, nothing here.. lol

I recommend stepping away from ATS for a while.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

holy smoke I appear as a literary english scholar compared with that signature you have!

bwahahaha welcome to Walmart!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

This is not an ordinary oil spill. Usually when you think of oil spills it's a tanker spilling it's contents. This is coming straight from the source, the earth. Who knows how much oil is in this particular well. Billions upon billions of gallons of raw crude. Yes, evacuation could definitely be in the gulf coasts future. I agree with a lot of other posts, it's never to early to plan.

/

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Oh just nevermind!

This is just speculative fearmongering without substance.

Maybe if enough people start believeing all this they can make the chaos happen all by themselves!

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Alethea]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
Is this for real?

How paranoid are some of you? It's honestly more frightening than the oil spill itself. Please, retain your grip on reality. It's an oil spill, not doomsday. You'll be perfectly fine where you are.

Stop letting an apparent love for conspiracy theories turn you into something less than delusionally paranoid.
What else do you expect from bible bashing American religous zealots??? This people believe in fairytales ffs, do you honestly think they have an actual grip on reality???

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Yes dont be so paranoid, youll be fine in those sturdy woden shacks you call houses. During Hurricane season...

Why do you guys make them out of wood anyways? never heard the three little piggys story?

[edit on 27-6-2010 by MR BOB]

What the hell was that all about?

Are you stereotyping Floridians? Thinking maybe they all live in stick houses? Please get out more. Have you ever visited FL?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Since your parents don't want to discuss this, switch tactics. I think you said your dad is a marine. Develope a sudden interest in camping. Start talking about how great it would be to go in the woods or go fishing, etc. Ask you dad about Marine Corps wilderness training. Stop talking to them about the oil spill. Thay may support and encourage this shift in attention by buying your BOB supplies. Remember, many of these supplies can be found at camping supply stores and military outlets.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
wise man once said...

best way to avoid punch...

no be there when it come...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Yes dont be so paranoid, youll be fine in those sturdy woden shacks you call houses. During Hurricane season...

Why do you guys make them out of wood anyways? never heard the three little piggys story?

[edit on 27-6-2010 by MR BOB]

Why do you add to the OP's paranoia? BTW... only houses in the frikin' boondocks look like that buddy. All the houses in my area are made of thick stone and brick shells, reinforced with wooden interior panels. I would know because I've done some construction on my own house.

Secondly, to the OP. Don't move. Not yet. As someone posted earlier, only when you absolutely feel it in your gut that you have to leave, pack a backpack, with all your ID's, Cards, ETC, a few sets of clothes, nothing crazy, just shirts, jeans, and a few bottles of water. Get in ur car, and evacuate... don't do like idiots and try to take half ur house with you, it'll only slow you down when 500 other idiots on the road have the same idea. Also, if you have a bike, might as well use it, because cars will be all over the road in an emergency.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
OP, do you need a place to crash? I got a place here in Iowa with room for a few fellow ATSers. Housing is dirt cheap here as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Well, as I see it the Leaders (cough) at the G summits sitting there watching the game on TV they seemed all smiles and enjoying themselves...they didn't seem worried or concerned about all that oil destroying life and property.

I guess what I feel like saying then they could take free and sell high.

I say observe then go with your gut

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
South of Lafayette, LA here. Spoke with a Captain out on the GOM. My apologies I have nothing more to offer than his comments. He stated more info forthcoming. I requested his entire, documented account detailing what the world should know from his account, not third party relay as this. Internet is shabby out there and hopefully he will detail with documentation very soon.

He did say, calm down, breathe, and individuals should not freak out. Here we go:

Levels of toxins being reported are not as extreme. Yes, Venice, definitely Grand Isle is bad regarding air. Did not state levels.

Kindra's video inquiry of all being factual? Yes & No

National Guard and troops heavy - pretty much standing around doing nothing. Media blackout confirmed. Evacs and martial law through sources "they will not confirm nor deny".... he said "that basically tells me what I wanted to know". As of now, not underway or movement not evident.

Methane bubble of scale reported - false. Fires continuing to burn oil.

BP video feed: fake.

BP was drilling, rig did explode (obviously), there is oil in gulf (obviously), not definite if coming from Deepwater well, or others leaking. The report regarding hitting an Asphalt Volcano, false. He mentioned, prior to drilling, Bp was aware there was a field or pocket of H2S there, but drilled anyway. He said this could be cross-checked by geologists or research.

Main concern not being reported: The HIT was the H2S field/pocket. Near the fault line (? unconfirmed-just repeating), therefore, seaping from the sea bed. Toxin levels are not near troublesome at this time. Sour Gas or Sour Gas pocket was mentioned.

BP shafting individuals on funds locally. BP does not have enough funds to pay for cleanup if a storm washes this inland.

End

Upon discussing these concerns while on phone, and with spouse (oil field) and bro-law (arch engineer/oil field), their understanding of above, with their info from field sources confirmed most online is hyped, same of course with MSM.

Relatives have sources/companies and hopefully with my badgering, some with finally speak up detailing actually what is happening and release intel.

My advice regarding moving: your area may be more impacted than mine. Best judgement for yourself. Responsibility & accountability for all.
So far we are staying put - we'll see how this plays out. For those that know people, that know people, etc., I urge them to speak out. I'm sure the more knowledgeable regarding this incident will be able to enlighten all, myself included, with the above info.

God Bless & Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Dutch
Side info having to deal with my parents, but how reputable is Lindsey Williams?

I have listened to his interviews on the radio but not his videos, listening to this guy is a chore because it takes him forever to get to the point with info. From what I've heard of him he has basically made two predictions that did come to pass. One was One was the Saudi's losing their butts in the gold market a couple years ago and that happened, and the second was gas would go down to less than $2 a gallon which it did last summer. So his latest current prediction is gas will cost us between $6 and $8 a gallon in the near future. Lindsey Williams could come off more credible if he wasn't such a windbag and bible pounder.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I cannot believe the pandemonium concerning the oil gusher! Is it causing health issues among our citizens? Yes, but only those who are in the center of it all. Will it cause catastrophic damage along our coastlines? Yes, but the interior of the state of Florida will be untouched.
Come on folks, the paranoia concerning this and numerous other issues on ATS concerns me. Relax and try to look at both sides of the opinion. I am a Floridian(Orlando) and was born and raised here. I have lived through droughts, hurricanes and tornado's and I am here to tell you that this catastrophe will kill billions of sea life, but we will be alright. As far as this catastrophe, BP and all who are involved with this event should be charged and face prison for this. It saddens me to see these poor people losing everything they have worked so hard for in Louisiana, because of these idiots. The animals are suffering because of decisions man has made by his greed for money and power.
Stop worrying about mandatory evacuations in Central Florida, it will never happen. Relax!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join