It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When should I evacuate? (Orlando)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Leave as soon as possible. I wouldn't want to stay in the area. The air isn't healthy in some places. Much luck to you.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
and you better be in shape because this gear will weigh over 100lbs

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just buy a gun and then take what you need when you need it? And have a crossbow and slingshot for backup in case you run out of ammo, it's easier to make your own ammo for those things.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rich Z

Obama should be living down in the gulf now.

& you my friend should at least buy 5 cases of water for each family member now! clean your toilet and buy water purifiaction tabs when you have to trek it out. shut-off the water into the toilet and refill the empty water bottles.

5cases of waterx $5 = 25 USD could save your life water is the most important thing.

Just trying to be a friend

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I don't think you will find sweet tea, grits, or hush puppies in New York. (Maybe, but it shore won't taste like down home.)

In that day, it will be as if a man is running away from a lion only to come face to face with a bear. (Amos 5:19)

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well if the SHTF we live in Southern Ontario not far from Detroit and we can house 1 Family in our small home here.
It would be cramped but we will welcome you will open arms.
Better yet if you have a motor home or large trailer lots of room then in our driveway.
This is not a joke but a serious offer.
I hope to hell nobody has to take us up on this.
If you want to pre - plan just U2 me here.
Regards,
Iwinder

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
and you better be in shape because this gear will weigh over 100lbs

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just buy a gun and then take what you need when you need it? And have a crossbow and slingshot for backup in case you run out of ammo, it's easier to make your own ammo for those things.

NO because other people will have the same ideas, ever been in a firefight? Or shot with an assault rifle? The shock alone can kill you. If anything try to avoid people because they may try stealing from you! Never initiate combat when you have no support.....The hospital is not going to send out an ambulance in a flooded area if someone shoots you.

Even a pellet gun would be fine since you can shoot small animals with this. I could never have a gun in the USA so I would research and buy a good hunting bow on ebay or even make my own....Thats where the rope comes in, paracord would be a good pack item also.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
Orlando huh....

i suggest you hold on to any assets you hold (property wise/Disney stocks wise)
then if you determine it --- sell into any local rallys.

I'm guessing that since the OP lives with his/her parents, he/she doesnt own any property or stock.

just a guess.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Why is everyone so ready to evacuate their homes?

Have you ever evacuated an area? I have, on numerous occasions, due to hurricanes. Let me tell you, it's not fun, it's not easy, in fact it's rather maddening.

I'm not trying to understate the severity of the Deepwater Horizon disaster.. I AM trying to state that we ALL need to keep a clear mind and think about this problem logically without getting too caught up in 'doomsday' scenarios. Planning ahead is one thing... getting worked up for no reason, or to earn stars and flags with exciting headlines is another.

Right now, just stay on target and prepare, but don't panic. There's plenty of time for that if the SHTF.

GBD

PS: FYI, I live in Tampa, so I'm not immune to any possible danger that might come Florida's way.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by GuiltyByDesign]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

So, you're suggesting stealing from others for your own survival?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

MMMMhm what he said, don't wait for the bus. by then it is too late and your life expectancy will probably been cut. Remember 911 they always say, not for the towers but for the rescue workers who died or are dying. They had a pretty “safe environment” to work in too. The only problem will be when can you go back or will you at all?
Even bigger question is which corporation will offer to buy said “contaminated land” at a quarter of the market value? Only to be found safe shortly after all of the land is bought up. I suggest this is our “Operation Blackjack” they just used a well rather than an obvious nuke that would definitely contaminate for years to come.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

sorry I initiate trouble earlier!

OK desert survival I am an expert Jungle not really, This stuff I learned from youtube and file sharing.

Myadvice is start with Bear grylls, survivorman, Ray mears, and watch home-made videos that people make.....They will show you what sort of pack you need for survival!

People in the GOM should be watching 1-2 hours of survival shows on youtube

ALWAYS PLAN FOR THE WORSE SCENARIO

If I lived there I would get out NOW, if you don't have money you're in trouble.

If you do leave, board up homes shut off water, remove all small things of value TV's and computers can be shipped to friends in other parts of the country.....Finally tip over furniture and mess the home up so the inside looks like vandals got into it.....broken glass etc etc......Never have a place look good so people set up camp and destroy your belongings.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
People, this is not a Discovery Channel show or a post-apocalyptic film... this is the present day.

Watching Bear Grylls or shows of the sort are entertaining, but without proper survival training, in the field, the average person has just as much a chance at surviving as the Discovery Channel junkie.

And I for one will not trash my home if I have to leave... that's just senseless. If someone is left behind, might as well let them use it.

GBD

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

While this is an option it is a last ditch option.
Remember if you have one so does the other guy, and he may be luckier or just a better aim. It would be best to just be prepared.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

In that day, it will be as if a man is running away from a lion only to come face to face with a bear. (Amos 5:19)

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Alethea]

Such a simple plan, sidestep said bear and build a tension between said animals. while they fight you flee!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuiltyByDesign
People, this is not a Discovery Channel show or a post-apocalyptic film... this is the present day.

Watching Bear Grylls or shows of the sort are entertaining, but without proper survival training, in the field, the average person has just as much a chance at surviving as the Discovery Channel junkie.

And I for one will not trash my home if I have to leave... that's just senseless. If someone is left behind, might as well let them use it.

GBD

HUH? You underestimate survival shows and the human spirit. I for 1 could survive in any situation because of confidence, preparation, and determination.... I would even buy a waterproof cigarette case because I luv them!

OH you also need very good bug repellant

and when i say make the home look damaged means just that! You create an illusion......and with your generosity one day when a return happens you'll find your home gutted feces overflowing from toilets and so forth.

Nice guys finish last true the world over!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Shockingly, I have about 21K in Publix stock from when an obscure aunt died and left it to me (we never met, not even our families)

And around $200 on hand. Not too much I can do with that though.

Thanks for the serious responses. (And joking ones, i'm not too picky)

I'm not ready to leave just yet. But we've had family living over in Sumter County who smell oil and are getting the "flu-like symptons" workers near the spill have been reporting.

Seminole is where I reside, so it's not too far away. (Sorry if it's hard to find on the map)

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have a brother and 2 of his kids, grandkids, and their immediate family near the Tampa area (Hernando Co). Darn tootin I'm tracking this. I've spoken with him several times in the last couple weeks. His son tells him that sometimes in the evening you can smell it blowing in. He's going to the beach in the next day or 2 to check it out. It's about 3 miles from the beach. I also reminded him that NORTHCOM is also in that area, so pay attention to the movement. His daughter told them that in a nearby county (I forget which one) that a few dozen people have already gone to the hospital with respiratory problems (the canary in the coalmine?). I keep remembering that Ft Walton Beach is on the same general latitude as the west coast of Fla. They also live within 15 miles of the Crystal River nuke plant, and I've already informed him about possible shutdown if the colling water is too contaminated. Nothing safe about methane or CorExit in the cooling pool!

They already have their bugout gear ready to roll at a moments notice. He knows if the SHTF they will be one of the first to head north. He doesn't have TV or internet, so I'm keeping him posted. One of the friends of the family there is a Sherriff, so I'm guessing they'll find out before the mousetrap snaps.

Keep your your eyes on the beach, and be alert.

edit to add county. Sorry, blasting Rammstein right now

[edit on 27-6-2010 by OuttaTime]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I too am worried about the safety of the region. I just came back from Panama City yesterday and tar was starting to wash up on their beaches. I live an hour from the coast. What is concerning is the total lack of transparency on the officials themselves. You can fight and deal with the facts if you know what the facts are. Its what we are not being told that I am afraid will kill us.
This is what I feel is happening here. I tried to talk to clean up workers myself, and they will not say a word. One told me he spoke no English...in English!! I saw them at night about twenty yards apart 2 men walking together with flashlights collecting the oil in plastic bags, so in the morning we could not tell how much had been there before. There were workers as far as I could see going down both sides of the coasts.
On day three as I was collecting tar balls in a garbage bag, I had some men who claimed to be from the complex we were staying at ask me what I had found. When I showed them they asked could they have them. I said "no" as there was plenty more they could pick up on their own if they wanted to. In the end I gave them 1 piece to take to "be sampled"???
I feel that we all feel we are being lied to and things are much worse than most of the other parts of the country realize. Then you keep hearing about the methane bubble, tsunami, poisonous gases etc. If a hurricane does come in the gulf I do not think that people understand how far inland the effects of this are going to be felt. I too will appreciate advice on leaving and how will I know before its too late???

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlSayr

I have emailed relatives in Tampa and Houston asking if they have any plans on leaving, they don't email me back, so I guess they think I am nuts as well. But I love them and I want them to be safe for as long as possible.

\

I have emailed a few relatives that live on the coast of Texas too about this and the dangers of corexit...strange I have not heard back from them also....conspiracy??? They always repond..ummm

cheers

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Originally posted by Alethea
I don't think you will find sweet tea, grits, or hush puppies in New York. (Maybe, but it shore won't taste like down home.)

I'm living in eastern NY right now. I've found grits and sweet tea, but no hush puppies yet. We've almost got the cooks at Bob Evans trained in the proper proceedure for cooking grits. And the waitresses all know if that spoon doesn't stand, they don't bring them grits to our table.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join