It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird military activity where I live.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I saw 3 military helicopters fly over my house here in Iowa. I think the weirdest thing is that i've never seen this happen before. I live about 25 minutes from Omaha, Nebraska and Offut Airforce base is really close and in Bellevue so maybe they came from there and they were going east, but i have also seen some weird activity with the National Guard driving on the highways and going North to who knows where. There was also a time when i was outside shooting and an Omaha police department helicopter flew over my house and went for about a mile then turned around and went back?

I know i don't have any pictures and i'm not gona make any excuses as to why, but I am relatively new to ATS and don't even know how to upload pictures.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You were outside shooting? Shooting what, it most likely wasn't photos?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well i wasn't shooting today, but funny you should say that though because my friend has an AK and comes out to shoot at my house and well if you bump fire it is pretty much full auto and sounds pretty damn intimidating too.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Aren't you in the Minuteman Silo neighborhood out there? I thought that Iowa and it's huge tracts of land (Monty Python, funny!) is one of the many places they keep those babys primed and ready. Maybe a security drill was going on...maybe they had to get some people in the hole ASAP...never gonna know.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

Intimidating, LOL it is not, but dern fun tho. I havent been able to get my 10-22 to do that yet although I have seen it.
There seems to be a lot of seeming weird rapid transit on the part of the military nowadays. I'm sure it is a scare tactic to show us they are still there and could deploy in a seconds notice. Although for the most part it is a paper tiger.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yeah I have heard stories that there are atleast a few of the Minuteman silos around here and I know of some place called area 13, that the schools get videos and books from, was an old missile silo.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

It is very fun, but I wasn't expecting it when my friend started firing and I wasn't covering my ears either.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Actually I saw something odd in Memphis today. I was driving by Memphis International Airport and a few Fed Ex planes took off then out of nowhere some badass Fighter jet came screaming down the runway and immediately after takeoff it went into a full vertical climb. It was completely gone from sight after only a few seconds. It flew straight up above the clouds and never came back. I have lived in or near Memphis my whole life and have never seen a fighter take off from there, more or less that fast and in a vertical climb.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Actually I saw something odd in Memphis today. I was driving by Memphis International Airport and a few Fed Ex planes took off then out of nowhere some badass Fighter jet came screaming down the runway and immediately after takeoff it went into a full vertical climb. It was completely gone from sight after only a few seconds. It flew straight up above the clouds and never came back. I have lived in or near Memphis my whole life and have never seen a fighter take off from there, more or less that fast and in a vertical climb.

Not on topic, but I saw 2 f-22's do that at about 5pm at Nellis, they usually do a normal after-burner climb, but these two, one after the other, took off, went vertical then headed off towards Indian Springs. I had the binoculars of them until they faded. Very cool!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
yea, im 16 (just let you guys know) and yesterday i was coming back from my sisters house, and me and my brother saw 4 military (camo and all on the car) hummers.
Never seen one on the road EVER, but i live in NC, so maybe they are setting up a FEMA camp somewhere?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Weirdest military activity I have seen was when I was in Angel Fire New Mexico at my dads place. I was taking pictures when a v22 Osprey came flying over my dads house nearly shaking the windows out. That is because it passed over 4 times. 2 times outside and 2 times when I went inside the house.

I uploaded the pictures later that evening and noticed there was a black triangle object above my dads house. Estimated altitude was (guessing) 10,000 feet above the valley floor.

Why on earth that v22 Osprey was going back and forth from the Angel Fire (dinky dinky tiny airport) over my dads house and back is rather odd.

I'm willing to accept they were doing training exercise for Afghanistan (mountainous terrain and small airport)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The Guard/Reserves do their 2 week training in the summer. Since a lot of resources are in the middle east everyone may see the armed forces travel in ways they haven't previously. Also, it may be possible that one unit will share the same equipment and have to move it over greater distances.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

black triangle photo?

I have not seen any pictures that were amazing.

Wish I had tho...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tricycle
reply to post by superluminal11

black triangle photo?

I have not seen any pictures that were amazing.

Wish I had tho...

In the picture I took was an object that was black and triangular. In your case it could have been coincidence as well as my case could have been coinidental. Just real out of ordinary for a v22 Osprey flying around in a ski resort area where one week out of the season has a hot air balloon event and small private propellar planes in and out of the airport. (when I say airport, I'm talking a small shack and a barely a 5000 foot runway. The planes have to circle at least once to gain enough altitude to clear the mountains

[edit on 28-6-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well,what exactly was weird?

Just because you were outside and happened to notice military activity?

Are you outside 24 hours a day 7 days a week?

Why shouldn't you see American military moving equipment around?

How else are they going to get where they are going.

The fighter jet in Memphis.

Fighter pilots with permission are allowed to fly in to areas such as their hometown.

Usually working with the local recruiting command.

They show of their plane and talk about their career to young people.

When they leave they with permission,pull a stunt such as pulling G's.

I have seen it many times

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

That is so funny when i saw the title i thought to myself, this is going to be a guy from some small town talking about how he saw some "military" helicopters.
But anyway, the militray flys helicopters all over the united states sometimes they are transporting people to another base and sometimes they need to transport the helicopter, there are numerous reasons why they fly them. Here in california (and many other places) we see these helicopters flying around almost daily.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Well you were right. Of the 3 helicopters I saw one was a Chinook and the other 2 were Cobras. While i'm not saying that the military doesn't fly all over the country it is very uncommon for me to see that so I thought I would tell my story.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Its cool, Below top secret has a general chit chat forum for such things. Above top secret is more conspiracy stuff.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I'm still trying to figure stuff out here.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just because a helicoptor flys over your house doesnt mean its "weird".
It could of been for anything

top topics

<<   2 >>

join