It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP may plug well 2 weeks earlier than anticipated....apparantly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

U.K. oil major BP PLC may be able to plug its leaking Gulf Of Mexico oil well within a fortnight, as the operation to close the well is further ahead than the company has disclosed, the Sunday Times reports citing engineering experts.

The newspaper says engineer sources in Houston, Texas, say the company could be finished in mid-July ahead of the public target of early August.

source

Well I guess none of us will hold our breath and many suspect the wells will fail anyway...just passing the latest news along

[edit on 27/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

2 weeks!
Ta loco 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

You expect me to believe them when they say 2 weeks earlier when they couldn't do crap for about 2 months!!!!

RANT OVER!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

No, I don't expect anyone to believe them, I am simply posting the update.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Lies,- trying to paint a rosy picture.Hopefully they do fix it and we never hear of it again.
However i feel the worst is yet to come.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Anyone have a link of this anticipated August date?

How are they attempting to plug it? Last I heard (at least a week ago) they were done drilling at least one relief well? I believe this was at Weren't there going to be two? Where does this "plugging" fit in? Do they plug from the relief wells or something.

And don't forget BP also told us a few times that the oil would be a trickle within the week...what was this? About three weeks ago?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I wonder which leak they are referring to, ha, the one under the BOP, or the many cracks currently leaking methane around the BOP that they have reported finding? I heard a rumor that there was suppose to be a second leak now and NASA was assisting them in trying to locate it. I'll have to look for more info on that in a while. Supper time now and I've other things to do this evening. Thanks for the update (although their earlier words that the relief wells were their "best hope" in stopping this still has me wondering what was meant by THAT ... hope? hope never works out for ME, ha).

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

It's alright I don't blame the one who gives the message.

But I just hate the ludicrous statements from BP.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yeah that statement is complete and utter BULL SH!T and they are probably doing it as a publicity stunt or something to make it seem like they are doing something.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
BP will do this...2 weeks and the leak will be plugged

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?
Yeah that statement is complete and utter BULL SH!T and they are probably doing it as a publicity stunt or something to make it seem like they are doing something.

I think so. Just when they said that top kill was working and then suddenly said that in fact it failed. Just prepare for a big fail.

Maybe this announcement will be interpreted later that they already knew that the leak will never be stoped, that they failed with the relief well. Only time will tell.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This sure would be nice.

hope it's true.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think it's safer to say that they will attempt to plug the well two weeks earlier than originally planned, which in and of itself wouldn't surprise me. They've really been pushing those relief well drills ever since they started, but whether or not they'll actually be able to stop the primary well once they break through will remain to be see.

Despite all of the aptly-placed anti-BP sentiment, I'm rooting for these guys and these relief wells right now.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I just hope they taker there time to drill the relief well properly, so they dont have two major problems (leaks).

The first well failed do to rushing the clock. I hope to God they have learn something from that.

top topics

join