It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea rejects American-run UN Command's proposal for talks on sinking of warship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

North Korea said Sunday it has rejected a proposal by the American-led U.N. Command to hold military talks on the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship blamed on Pyongyang.

The U.N. Command, which oversees the armistice that ended the three-year Korean War in 1953, has launched an investigation of the sinking.

A separate team of international investigators concluded last month that North Korea torpedoed the warship Cheonan near the tense Korean sea border. North Korea denied the allegation and has warned any punishment would trigger war.

Source

I decided to post this thread after seeing a good number of people on ATS bash the US for not sitting down with NK and talking the problems out. The fact is NK doesn't want peace talks.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
what is the reason that north koreans are denying this offer ?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Idk but it was a good one

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

Nothing surprising about N Korea not wanting peace talks. Not sure the US Govt does either - or maybe even you (your signature says a lot about you).

Hippie and proud of it - I want Peace in the world - not just a council that would make accusations that would possibly lead to a war.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

Nothing surprising about N Korea not wanting peace talks. Not sure the US Govt does either - or maybe even you (your signature says a lot about you).

Hippie and proud of it - I want Peace in the world - not just a council that would make accusations that would possibly lead to a war.

You bash them when they don't seek peace and you bash them when they do. You people are never happy.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Number 1, your source is FOX news:

Number 2, read your source:

Let me read it for you:

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea said Sunday it has rejected a proposal by the American-led U.N. Command to hold military talks on the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship blamed on Pyongyang.

UN is to serve the US, and other greedy empires, for you to slap UN doesn't mean America has any positive intentions.

Let me prove that from your source:

The dispatch said North Korea is willing to hold high-level military talks with South Korea only if Seoul allows North Korean inspectors to verify the investigation results.

An official at Seoul's Defense Ministry said it has no intention of accepting North Korean inspectors. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity citing department policy, said he has no information about the U.N. Command's reported proposal to hold general-level talks.

Why aren't the North Korean inspectors allow in?

That is the question you need to answer before going any further in your research.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

Number 1, your source is FOX news:

Number 2, read your source:

Let me read it for you:

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea said Sunday it has rejected a proposal by the American-led U.N. Command to hold military talks on the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship blamed on Pyongyang.

UN is to serve the US, and other greedy empires, for you to slap UN doesn't mean America has any positive intentions.

Let me prove that from your source:

The dispatch said North Korea is willing to hold high-level military talks with South Korea only if Seoul allows North Korean inspectors to verify the investigation results.

An official at Seoul's Defense Ministry said it has no intention of accepting North Korean inspectors. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity citing department policy, said he has no information about the U.N. Command's reported proposal to hold general-level talks.

Why aren't the North Korean inspectors allow in?

That is the question you need to answer before going any further in your research.

Since you think your sources are better then tell me, Why do you get your info? CNN, MSNBC? When are you people going to get out of your dream world & realize that the US isn't the only country with people seeking power? You guys think that the world is wanting world peace so that we can hold hands & get along.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Since you think your sources are better then tell me, Why do you get your info? CNN, MSNBC? When are you people going to get out of your dream world & realize that the US isn't the only country with people seeking power? You guys think that the world is wanting world peace so that we can hold hands & get along.

Did you read what I posted?

Are you capable of posting a response to my post?

It doesn't matter where the information comes from, as long as you don't fall for propaganda.

There is the truth, and then there is falsehood, the truth can be easily extracted from a pool of falsehood.

When are you people going to get out of your dream world & realize that the US isn't the only country with people seeking power? You guys think that the world is wanting world peace so that we can hold hands & get along.

It is not about dreaming, it is about justice, about truth, about peace, about ....

I could go on, and no, once again, it is not a dream.

No justice, no peace..

No truth, no justice..

Connect the dots.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

Did you read what I posted?

Are you capable of posting a response to my post?

It doesn't matter where the information comes from, as long as you don't fall for propaganda.

There is the truth, and then there is falsehood, the truth can be easily extracted from a pool of falsehood.

When are you people going to get out of your dream world & realize that the US isn't the only country with people seeking power? You guys think that the world is wanting world peace so that we can hold hands & get along.

It is not about dreaming, it is about justice, about truth, about peace, about ....

I could go on, and no, once again, it is not a dream.

No justice, no peace..

No truth, no justice..

Connect the dots.

Like i said a dream world

Second Line

new topics

top topics

join