It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will It Take to Turn the Tide?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This thread is for people who have been posting on this sub-forum "Global Meltdown" so you have an informed opinion because of your interest in the topic.

What, in your opinion, is required to stop the meltdown and begin to turn things around?

My impression is that a way must be found to delete or negate in some way the $1.5 quadrillion (Webster Tarpley's figure) of derivatives and there is no other way.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
What, in your opinion, is required to stop the meltdown and begin to turn things around?

A guillotine in front of Wall Street or in a central area of Washington D.C.

Chop chop

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
5 Easy Steps:

1) Lobbyist reform - get business OUT of politics, pass corruption law which states members of government cannot make a profit on their actions in office.

2) 100% consumption tax - no exemptions. (good bye income tax)

3) 0.5% mortgage refinance, a full financial reset. (I will find the old post and edit in a few.)

4) Fair Trade - Yes, time to tariff foreign slave labor.

5) Pour money into America's sand instead of Iraq and Afghanistan - Build Algae Oil Farms in New Mexico now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-6-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Rule #1 America First: For the people (Of the USA) By the people (Of the USA) Don't forget where your allegiance lies (elected officials).

Rule #2 ALL PRODUCTION / MANUFACTURING of materials used for these Government Stimulus / Public works projects which are being paid for (eventually) by the U.S. taxpayer money must be manufactured IN the United States of America. (Otherwise everything would be outsourced to China)

Step One: Federal Mortgage Refinance Act of 2010

Any private citizen's primary home (primary residence only) mortgage can be refinanced by the Fed or Government at 0.5% with a flat closing cost of $2,000.00 which can be added to the loan / payoff amount. ($500.00 goes to Federal, $700.00 goes to State, $500.00 goes to city or county, $300.00 goes to the institutions processing the paperwork.) No assessments, simple change in financing on whatever you currently owe. Banks receive a flood of money in "pay-offs" as each mortgage is refinanced through the Fed / Govt or fannie

Mortgage holders will save almost 50% of their current mortgage payments and THIS will highly boost spending and the economy. (Thus create jobs as spending dramatically increases and provide a host of short term jobs for the mortgage brokers / reps. States and Local revenues will receive the necessary influx of revenues to get past this rough times.

Step Two: Energy Independence Act of 2010

Federal Money is used to build a HUGE facility in New Mexico to grow Algae oil for domestic liquid fuel consumption. Closed system algae bio-reactors can produce 20,000 to 100,000 gallons per acre per year (for reference corn provides 18 gallons an acre per year, over a 1,000 times less fuel).

This would be a huge public works project requiring pipelines from the ocean needed to reach New Mexico for water. Glass can be made at location (sand) and glass vertical tube closed system bio-reactors constructed to include processing and refining facilities. Any extra water can easily be put through solar distillation and piped to your city of choice as clean water. Rail lines, barracks, roads, support, etc would also be required and the whole thing could be managed by the military with 6 month assignments of active duty personal to oversee the operation and civilian workers bused in and rotated (similar to working on oil platforms currently). Through constant expansion, 1/10 of the state of New Mexico would be utilized to harvest and process the product (carbon neutral liquid fuel).

Rules would have to be in place that the "product" is domestic use ONLY and would not be available to paper traders to speculate on price, etc. Once this is up and running as a NON-PROFIT entity, the cost of the product would be production cost + X% with the X% going to Federal Revenue. Once domestic needs are met, any excess would be sold on the open market.

Garbage Plasma facilities set-up at ALL major landfills. (No need to explain, see Youtube.com

Implementation of "solar-cell" easy-roll roofing materials massed produced in the U.S. (only by law) utilizing current Welfare (now work-fare) recipients who work 20 hours a week as well as "voluntary" prison labor (at their own secured facilities). Voluntary meaning that general prisoners (not your nutcases) can work if they want to for say $2.00 an hour paid in US savings bonds that they receive upon release (better to get out with a few thousand $ than nothing).

Step #3: America FAIR Trade ACT of 2010

Probably won't get great response on this one but common sense should tell everyone we cannot maintain our standard of living if the Chinese (and others) have a very unfair competitive advantage if we do not levy FAIR tariffs on imported goods. We cannot compete with labor cost of $6,000 a year on average vs. Our $45,000 a year. Get a clue and levy FAIR Tariffs!

Step #4 Welfare / SSI Disability home-worker / teleworker program.

Yeah, you may have a bad back that keeps you from heavy lifting or you may be a 3rd generation welfare mom but it doesn't matter, YOU can work from home now processing orders / paperwork and taking queued inbound phone calls. I am sure we can find quite a few Federal / State or even local government work that needs to be done that is currently outsourced to a foreign call center or similar.

Step #5 New Farming Subsidies Act

Pay farmers (well farming corporations nowadays) NOT to grow food? Are you crazy, have them grow seed and food at a fair price that is sent to a government cannery which cans the food and is utilized by Government entities (military, school lunch programs, etc.)

Step #6 Container Inspection Act of 2010

ALL shipping containers entering the U.S. will be inspected. An inspection fee will be assessed (whatever price / tariff needed to cover the cost) on all containers entering the US or any cargo coming in via land from Mexico / Canada. We will call it the "price of doing business" in the U.S. and we can employ 10's of thousands of people to make this happen. This need to happen for the sake of "National Security".

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
the gov should give away land.

i recently watched a documentary about the westward movement of civilisation across the american continent. i was totally amazed at how one thing led to another and resulted in a massively booming and productive economy.

it made me very sad to consider that this type of productivity and ingenuity seems to be a thing of the past.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I am listening to the archive of the 1st hour of Alex Jones' show for June 28, 2010.

In it, Alex says, "I told you a decade ago when they started selling these derivatives that it was designed to implode our economy and bring down the nation. Because I'd seen it done in Latin America; I'd seen it done in Africa; I'd seen it done in Asia. We know what these derivatives do. We know what the IMF and World Bank does. And I had all these economists on over the years - George Humphrey, and Tarpley,
and Dr Paul Craig Roberts - I mean Humphrey going back 12 years ago talking about derivatives . . . "

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Only way to kill what we have become is to:

Depopulate

RFID

Control

Live in fear that doing anything "wrong" will result in termination.

Then, we can heal.
Then the earth can heal.

Then when everyone lives in harmony, we can overthrow the one world gov't and return to our ridiculously over indulged lives and not realize how good it really is and kill everything that sustains us.

End sarcasm.

or is it?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think the system is past repair and it's much better to start again with new blood and to ensure the laws of treason is enforced next time.

We have been sold out to the zionist bankers that control everything including all our politicians and they have a gambling habit they can not break.

our economy is being crashed deliberatly and they will sit back for a few days as riots break out and then come and offer us all the amero as a replacment that will pay 50c on the $.

I'm not buying it and know this will take us backwards at first but they can stick the taxes, debt, police state and i'll trade a days labour for a tin of beans if thats what it takes because i am not going to allow these zionist scum to get a single penny more from me than needs be.

Down the line we need a one world goverment and a single currency but with the right rules in place with silver and gold in the coin and a constitution that forbids the currency being mixed/replace.

Even our copper coins are not made from copper any more because the metal value exceeds the spending power after all the printy, printy and this most never again be allowed and inflation/interest need to be words that are condemend to the past.

anyone who's anyone must be accountable to the public and if they step from the path, deprive fellow man then string them high and no taxation with out represetation which is a million miles from where we are now when both side sleep togeather.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster
Down the line we need a one world goverment and a single currency . . .

It is my belief that it is impossible to have a just one-world government because in order to be just, it has to be small in order for it to be accountable to the people, in a practical sense. If we were to have a one-world government it would be total and absolute tyranny.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The most important thing is to get people back to work, yes we owe and have lots of issues with many of the markets, and the way they function, as well as the way these over burdened govs function, but without a productive workforce your pretty running headlong in deep levels of dissent and disaster.

The house of cards is build off the back of the working man and woman... creating new wealth a must (i.e new jobs and new industry) this way the pain of the repayment plans will be spread over a wider workforce which in turn will reduce the pain felt by the individual.. how an individual feels about Tax through out history is reflected back on us in some of the civil wars and rebellions that have taken place..

Just in England, I can cite, both sets of poll tax riots (12th c and 20th c) the Ship tax that led to the English Civil War, and under employment caused the Swing Riots (at least 1,000 riots in the South East Alone) as you can see this is not a good situation to be in when individuals start hurting.

Since we are in an ever retracting workforce that pain is spread over a ever decreasing number of tax payers, this is where individuals really feel the pain and dissent...

The new austerity measures simply exacerbate the issues since by reducing gov spending and gov employment without suitable private employment as a replacement all you end up doing is adding to the unemployed base.. and again a smaller taxable base, that feels the pain even more acutley.

While to carry on bailing out, all you are doing is postpone said issues and making the austerity that much harsher when it is implemented.. which in turn creates an even deeper levels of dissent and even greater levels of unemployment.

Either way we are stuffed...

The option the elite had across the world when the problem arose was a split the cash they where creating between bailout and wealth creation plans.. So that by now, the wealth creation plans would be having an effect, and would allow a reduction in Gov spending without causing more pain..

This would IMHO then push back into the economy as a whole and put us all on an upward spiral, while what they have done is allow a downward spiral to take over.

All the While wealth creation is deemed protectionist, i.e if I create jobs in one country I am taking them from somewhere else, and the somewhere else objects I can only assume we will continue circling the drain until such times as dissent breaks out.. or some kind of new tech comes along..

The only other alternative is conflict. Personally right now, without any wealth creation plans in place or even on the table, I don't rate our chances.

Edit: some really bad syntax and missing words... slaps own wrist for typing to fast...

[edit on 28/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I think that every country on earth must have two things: a manufacturing base, and small family farms (so that all people have food production near enough to where they live). No country should be dependent upon any other country.

To me, this is just common sense.

So I agree with you, right? Just wording it differently.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
1. The first and obvious thing is to take the control of our coin and legal tender out of the control of private hands and order that Govt takes full control of it because without this nothng can be possible as that has us answering time and time again to foriegn entities.

2. Decree and make law that no less then 25% of the money invested in the market be allowed to be under the sole control of greater then 25% of the shareholders. So that those with little money invested (traditionally $100,000.00 and less in total investments) have greater and enhanced control over the market then those whose total investments exceed that of $1,000,000.00 ($1 Million).

3. Tighten the recently reactivated Circuit breakers and lower the thresholds from the current :

1. Market down 10%, market closes for 30 minutes!
2. Market down 20%, market closes for 1 hour!
3. Market down 30%, market closes for the rest of the day.

To :

1. Market down 5%, market closes for 30 minutes!
2. Market down 7.5%, market closes for 1 hour!
3. Market down 15%, market closes for the rest of the day.
and an addition :
4. Market forced to close for more then 3 days in a row, trading is suspended for a week.
5. Once the item or element that is keeping the market down is identified order that it not be cleared for trade activity and be delisted from participation in the overall market.

4. Reinstate The Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 that prohibited a bank from owning an investment house.

5. Break up every bank and entity that is investment/market/bank related whose assets exceed that of $1,000,000,000,000.00 ($1 Trillion).

6. Cut the Capital Gains tax of 15% to those with a combined total investments worth no greater then $100,000.00. Increase the tax to that of 30% to those with investments exceeding $1,000,000.00.

7. Develop, activate and install a feature that mandates it mandatory for each exchangehouse to have a hold area for all larger trade purchases/sales in excess of 1,000,000 (1 Million) shares and mandate that all sales/purchases of share amounts greater then 1 Million shares must be verified before they are processed through. Say, I make a buy of 100,000,000 shares of a particular company a call is made to me by the exchange that it got flagged by them and they are to call me to verify the amount purchased or sold. To keep the sale off the market until it is approved and verified. This will prevent a miscommunication and prevent human error from taking the market down.

8. Take these derivative bets off of the grid and keep them indendent from the overall market so that if a bet fails to take the impact to the overall market is nill.

9. Make our monetary system not be based of any petrolchemical and decree that it be set from elements more stable in price like the return to the gold standard that worked beautifully between about 1780 - 1980.

10. Mandate and decree that no individual company/conglamurate have greater then 15% of the marketshare of any industry as well as not being allowed to dominante any segment or aspect of the market.

11. End our dependance on foriegn oil and petrochemicals. Invest heavily in green tech - wind, solar, hydra.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
1. The first and obvious thing is to take the control of our coin and legal tender out of the control of private hands and order that Govt takes full control of it because without this nothng can be possible as that has us answering time and time again to foriegn entities.

I agree with you very much that this is number 1 on your list.

I would like to recommend to everyone Ellen Brown's argument for a state-owned bank which uses the interest payments in place of taxes in her book Web of Debt.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Down the line we need a one world goverment and a single currency . . .

It is my belief that it is impossible to have a just one-world government because in order to be just, it has to be small in order for it to be accountable to the people, in a practical sense. If we were to have a one-world government it would be total and absolute tyranny.

Yes i agree if we carry on with the type of scum we have now but not if we have regular folk calling the shoots that are held to account and live with us so anyone can call them to account.

just now i'm happy to read that ten russian spys got caught in the USA because i would hate Russia to be too close to the USA because we are not ready for a one world goverment with religious nut jobs and bankers in control but long term a single world goverment would be the answer to a lot of trouble we have today.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Yes i agree if we carry on with the type of scum we have now but not if we have regular folk calling the shoots that are held to account and live with us so anyone can call them to account.

Again, I disagree, because with only one central government for the whole planet there's too much distance between any individual world-wide and the central authority. It will be unwieldly.

. . . a single world goverment would be the answer to a lot of trouble we have today.

Are you thinking this because of wars between nations? Because my research indicates that the powers that be at the top instigate the wars to fulfill their agenda so a one-world government is not needed to end wars.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What will it take? Action. Something dramatic and loud and clear. And it will take unity.

An economic financial revolution from the masses is the only thing that will get their attention and the attention of Congress.

A combined strike...everyone where everyone stops paying them "back" and buying for 4-6 months. Stop paying all bills except those essential to living, like utilities, and don't buy anything except what you absolutely need...like food and medicine. Stop paying taxes. Ruin the controls they have over us. Show them we still have some power.

Their systems would be overloaded trying to collect from 150 million people, trying to foreclose and collect and threaten. Their cash flow would be cut so they could not continue to manipulate the markets. I'm no economic or financial whiz but I bet we have some out there.

"We the people who did not agree to bailing you out are taking our money back. You mismanaged your companies, lied, and practiced usury. We are taking our money back and our country back. We demand that Congress sanction you and rewrite the laws governing you. We demand the usury stop. We demand that you stop using the credit score index to control us with and sending our jobs offshore immediately."

They rely on the fact that we're hyper consumers who can't stop shopping. They assume we're going to continue allowing ourselves to be controlled by things like credit scores and accepting that it's fair and normal for some to accept higher interests rates on loans because we don't already have money. They think we're powerless against their rules and the laws they bought. Well we're not.

Hit them where in hurts, in terms they understand. This would have to be massive to be effective. It's the only recourse we have.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

This thread is for people who have been posting on this sub-forum "Global Meltdown" so you have an informed opinion because of your interest in the topic.

My impression is that a way must be found to delete or negate in some way the $1.5 quadrillion (Webster Tarpley's figure) of derivatives and there is no other way.

It all depends on how you define recovery. do you want a stopgap or a lasting fix? The things you say would create a stopgap allowing us to recover for a while. However it would only be a matter of time before greed managed to destroy it again. The only really fix is to adopt a new paradigm which eliminates money and profit as we know it. Then we can start making decisions based on their value to society rather then how it effects budgets and profits.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
The only really fix is to adopt a new paradigm which eliminates money and profit as we know it. Then we can start making decisions based on their value to society rather then how it effects budgets and profits.

I'm thinking money and profits are not really evil; it's just the way our money is created and who controls the monetary system. That's why I recommend the Ellen Brown book.

I would like to see a new paradigm, though. I think we need to clean up government by eliminating political contributions and political advertising and having tax-payer funded primaries and elections so that good people can get into government. I think the corrupt system we have is caused by money in politics.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What it will take us the workers/consumers to stop being reactionary and be proactive on the small business side.

Granted if we don't take some initiave the game is rigged but if we could get the equivalent of Liberty dollars minted out of whatever precious metal is available (Platinum, Silver, copper not gold-too easilly siezed by Gov't)
Lets call them 'earned dollars'. Here is the tricky part the mint of the ED has to use their discretion and avoid selling the ED to agents of the central bank / or the bought off gov't because we know that they would buy up all the ED currancy and we would be where we started.
Use the spirialing downward Federal reserve notes to pay bills & taxes, tickets anything owned by a corporation that you want to go away (monsanto, halliburton, etc).

Use the ED dollars to purchase local goods from local growers, stores, craftsmen, etc Keep it local once dollars are sent back east to wall street they never come back to the community.

I don't think ED Dollars could even be counted as income so it could not be taxed. (lawyers help me out here.)

There are flaws.
*With the FRN In freefall the ED would seem to be increasing in price since they hold their value.
The Central bankers would throw a fit since their power that they have held over the world since before the time of Christ (the moneychangers in the temple) would be slipping away from them so things would get ugly but at heart they are useless cowards that is why they have bodyguards and no useful skill set- I really can't see any of them fixing their own car or home repair.

We can beat them at the local level.

If we play it their way we are doomed.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..
. . . be proactive on the small business side . . .

I love this thought.

Lets call them 'earned dollars'.

And this thought.

Use the spirialing downward Federal reserve notes to pay bills & taxes, tickets anything owned by a corporation that you want to go away (monsanto, halliburton, etc).

Use the ED dollars to purchase local goods from local growers, stores, craftsmen, etc Keep it local once dollars are sent back east to wall street they never come back to the community.

Great idea.

We can beat them at the local level.

Think local control. I think you're on to something here. Having a currency for the exchange of goods and services in your community.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join