It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circumcision clamp for adult males has adverse effects!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What appears like a plastic clamp is patented as a circumcision device, seemingly (for now) tested on uncircumcised South African men (not sure on other countries?). The idea is that circumcision lowers HIV infection rates, and the clamp could reduce clinic visits amongst uncircumcised tribes, as well as deaths from traditional rituals amongst others.
Ideally, the clamp is applied while men continue working, until the foreskin dies and can be removed. The reality appears totally different, with serious and constant medical complications from the device. And yet, both the WHO and SA's Department of Health have hardly condemmed it.
Allegedly, Malaysia is about to open a factory in South Africa selling the bizarre contraptions.

KwaZulu-Natal's health department is using a plastic device in its mass male circumcision drive that speeds up the procedure but has significant side-effects in adult men.
allafrica.com...
For an illustration and the company's website see:
www.taraklampsa.co.za...

Just wondering - how many would attach the "Tara clamp" to themselves or the men they love?

[edit on 27-6-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't believe circumcision is necessary nor should it be an health necessity because circumcision, especially improper or poorly done circumcision can cause complications like a penis that is too tight during erection which can affect overall size and erection shape.

The solution is to simply tell boys they must pull back the foreskin when they wash their penises to wash all areas.

Tell them their penises will fall off if they don't- that will make them pay more attention.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Why cut off the flap when your born with it for a reason? its like the thread i read about girls having there flaps shortened for better pleasure..

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Or rather, just frighten them into personal hygiene by telling them that otherwise they'll get the "Tara Clamp". I think gangrene, sepsis and horror follows from that...
Oh, the people who always pretend to be nannies over our health and wellness - and then they have no doubt corrupt relations with companies who manufacture medieval torture devices!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

You gotta love the TaraKlamp advertising blurp in my opening post link:
"The first NON-INVASIVE circumcision!"
The debate around circumcision is just part of the issue.
It is the method that shocks me.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I guess thats akin to putting rubber bands on dog's tails to dock them.

No thanks. I'm kinda attached to my foreskin.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

In my first allafrica.com link above Kerry Cullinan writes:

"WHO encourages further research on promising devices to assess their safety, effectiveness and acceptability. The surgical approaches used in the randomized controlled trials (the forceps-guided and sleeve resection methods) have been shown to be safe, effective and acceptable."

It also mentions a study of about 70 men, most of whom had adverse effects from the clamp.
Now, this research is done on human beings.
To write it off as a "study" really makes one wonder how many more boys and men will be put through pain and hell.
Is researching this further even ethical?

I'm sure the bleeding after the 7 days will do nothing for HIV prevention.
Gender activists across the globe should stop this NOW!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
HELL no is what i say! This looks like a torture weapon but for the 21st century! I live in JHB - I don't how this wouldn't cause some bleeding!

OWWWWWWWW is what I say! Unfortunately traditions, no matter how barbaric or savage, still exist today.

new topics

top topics

join