It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting disc-shaped UFO photographed over Tremiti Islands in Adriatic Sea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Superiorraw

Nice work there

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
As some of you might of been paying attention to the thread I recently written to the publisher to ask him 2 questions regarding this interesting photograph.

I now provide the reply. This is a direct cut and paste from the email I received.
Reply from Mr Alessio Consorte Dear friend, here the link of the real area with all info you need. www.tremiti.eu... The picture was shooted by my brother the 25/06/2010 at 13.13 or 14.13 (the camera was no setted-and if you see my brother in the picture he is 20 years old now and you can see he is not 14 years old at all
) Nobady was there and there is no see down there! Please let me know! Thank you, Alessio Consorte (sorry for my english
)

So as confirmed to me by the publisher the place where the photograph was taken is cretaccio, directed from the link on tremiti.eu website it says this about the small island.

Google Url Translation of website from Italian to English
The islet of Cretaccio of clayey nature and devoid of vegetation, is located between San Domino San Nicola in particular is from San Nicola 300 m. da San Nicholas 300 m, S. Domino 200 m. Domino 200 m. e da Capraia 900 m. Capraia and 900 m. A deep inlet open to the north almost breaks in two. More than the lesser Tremiti, is considered the largest of the rocks of the archipelago, which due to corrosion of incessant weather will reduce its extension over the centuries until it disappears. It covers a total area of 3.5 ha, for a length of 400 m and a width of about 200 m. The coast has a perimeter of about 1300 m, while its maximum height above sea level and 30m. On the south coast you can see what remains of the pier Benedictine. The legend wants populated by ghosts. It is said that a prisoner was executed here, where the ghost population during stormy nights, holding his head in his hands severed. To enrich the "thrill" contributes to the rock near the Old black, dark, owned by an old witch. But the bottom should be mere beliefs.

So we now know of the exact location of where in the Tremiti Islands this was taken, we also have been told the camera wasnt set correctly so the date is incorrect, the date recorded is 25/06/2010 at 13.13 or 14.13pm.

www.tremiti.eu...
if this link does not forward you to the site, please type in tremiti in google and tremiti.eu should be the 5th or 6th link down.

after a long think i decided more information was needed to find out about the Isle of Cretaccio. although Tremiti is a tourist spot for people to visit the Island of Cretaccio in its not considered a resort with complete beach, hotels and restaurants put it simply ... its a rock for people to visit. Upon further searches of the Island via google we get this image of cretaccio.

we also have these following Images.
www.flickr.com...@N02/3895417109/sizes/l/in/photostream/
&
picasaweb.google.com...

On the suggestion maybe that the object in question is a bird. There is evidence online to back up this claim. This image was found by searching google images for cretaccio, it shows someone canoeing in the same location and quite clearly shows a bird above him.

Here is a Map of Tremiti as provided by the website.

If it was a bird I'd surmise it could be 'le diomedee'
www.lecinqueisole.it...
as written by Anna Maria Colonna of lecinqueisole.it website.
The ancient legend, Venus, moved with pity by the pain of the hero's companions, crying for his death, turned them into birds, so-called Diomedee so that guards the tomb of the beloved deceased. But their cries still echo among the gorges of the archipelago and still not subsiding the despair that accompanies them for centuries:

After a couple of days investigation and some scouting around the net. I have come to my own conclusion that the object in the photograph is however a UFO in the case that it is unidentifiable and its flying. By true definition, you could argue or surmise that it could be a number of plausible things. Le Diomedee as noted by Anna Maria Colonna is a bird well known to this area or It could be the ball like objects on the Power lines, seen in the following photographs and now marked off several times by me.

I am certain they have a specific reason for being attached, also a name?

However without more definition from the photograph we can only make plausible suggestions. I'd wager that it could be either of the things I've mentioned. It doesn't look photoshopped in my opinion, as the pixelation and the rest of the photograph all look in sync. As noted earlier the pixelation around the head/sea and rocks is apparent around the object itself and so you could assume they are all original.

Whilst its easy to point and label things extra terrestrial that dont have a complete identification, it makes more common sense to survey the information given to you and provide plausible answers and that is what i have done with the information provided.

In friendship
Richard

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Those balls on the power lines are called 'aircraft warning markers' . (self-explanatory).

www.pattonandcooke.com...

However , the object in question is clearly at a higher elevation than the balls that you highlighted .

Great post you put together .

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Well done m8 nice work

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

Those balls on the power lines are called 'aircraft warning markers' . (self-explanatory).

www.pattonandcooke.com...

However , the object in question is clearly at a higher elevation than the balls that you highlighted .

Great post you put together .

Thanks for this, i do appreciate you posting up, I'd not seen them on power lines before like that
I did think myself that maybe the object is too high, however sometimes the angle at which a photograph is taken can be deceiving. Things can look higher or larger depending on the angle of the photograph and the subject being shot.

In any case, I am glad someone has stepped forward to explain what they are.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

They are very common here in the States .

You will see them made of several different colors . The colors are decided according to what the color scheme is in the vicinity of the lines , so that the balls will stand out in contrast to the surrounding background .

You also have those that are halved into two different colors , one that from below , stands in contrast to the sky , while the color from above is in contrast to whatever is below .

We actually have laws which mandate the use of such , in certain areas and situations , such as near airports .

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join