It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting disc-shaped UFO photographed over Tremiti Islands in Adriatic Sea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

lol, point taken but are those from the same place and the first one may well have been cleared specifically for that photo!

but still my point stands theres a great deal of boats in that picture, there must be something/someone down there unless its a boat graveyard? lol

thanks

rich

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

I know.

BTW, if you haven't noticed, all I've done in this thread is come up with contradictions to specific claims. For the record, I think it's a bird.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

lol, you're all probably correct on the bird theory, my theory about parasailing or something similar was just the first thing that came to mind when i looked at the scene and area and took into account that its a holiday resort.

thanks

rich

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
"Bird" is the new "Swamp Gas"

I wonder how many genuine UFOs have been labelled as a "bird", and how many birds have been labelled as a "genuine UFO"...? Such is the nature of ufology.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Yep, those large flying objects which go unnoticed until seen in a photograph are a real puzzlement.

People tend to notice UFOs. Not so much birds.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Yep, those large flying objects which go unnoticed until seen in a photograph are a real puzzlement.

People tend to notice UFOs. Not so much birds.

A lot of the "UFO" photos I've seen have been taken in fields, mountains, countryside, by oceans and lakes, by lonely highways etc - in other words, places were people generally don't frequent in large numbers. In fact, I would say UFO photos taken above densely-populated areas is proportionately low.

So it's no surprise to me that large objects in the sky can go unnoticed until seen in a photograph.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

but there lies a huge problem, theres lots of birds in all those places! lol

basically this subject is impossible until an alien spaceship crashes into the middle of a live broadcast of a major sporting event or something we are just going to go round and round in circles. its nearly always impossible to tell what a blured and out of focus object is and even if someone does manage a decent picture of a flying craft its still impossible to prove that its of alien origin.

add to that the fact that home computers and software are so powerful that its possible for almost anyone to create anything with a bit of practice then it gets even harder to tell fact from fiction, and this will get worse and worse every year, computers and software will improve and so will people's proficiency with them, hoaxes will get better and better and more sophisticated and harder to disprove.

our biggest problem though is that most people with an interest in this subject will believe anything which makes the rest of us look stupid and also damages the subject so that no real scientists want to risk their career on it,

thanks

rich

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Of course, photographic or video evidence will never be enough.

A mass landing is probably about the only thing that would end the mystery.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I actually disagree in part with what your saying. I think we have the technology now as civilians to capture actual footage or great/better photographs. The key here is how many actually want to spend hours of their life on something that may or may not be real? or maybe to be more accurate we believe its real but its being kept from us and the chances of capturing a geniune shot of one are so low that it forces people to another alternative.

'I Believe' is used an awful lot in this community, but i see very few people actively sky watching and being prepared for that moment. I geniunely believe if someone is willing to spend hours upon days and nights waiting and has the right videocamera or digital camera they will get a geniune photograph or video. I also feel the more like minded civilians do this the greater the odds increase in capturing the right footage.

As you pointed out it is all too easy now to get this technology and abuse both its resources and the 'vunerability' of the community. I'm not saying everyone in this field is stupid, theres clearly some very intelligent people on this site with some fantastic contributions and brilliant feedback, but you only have to look at recent investigations into Allison Kruse to realise the potential. Hoaxers and scammers prefer to take the short cut instead of waiting for the true diamond example. The minute that true believers and people interested in this field spend more time out there looking at the sky and being prepared instead of taking short cuts to the big paypacket will increase the odds of capturing the diamond shot.

I need to go back and re-read and survey this original photograph that has been submitted. Its got late here so i'll have to check this tomorrow.
Thanks to Alessio btw for signing in and providing us with this photograph and information.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Superiorraw

hi mate, i understand what you're saying and also agree to a point but there are lots of skywatchers and many interesting videos but still like i said before even if you capture a good video or picture its still impossible to determine or prove that its of alien origin and not manmade!.

and yes not everyone is stupid but from my observations a huge majority of people will just believe anything and always take a strange leap of faith when they see anything they cant identify, it goes like this "oh whats that!, oh i dont know, it doesn't look like a normal aeroplane, oh it must be an alien spaceship then". and also the majority just take the tern u.f.o to mean alien spaceship!.
and this photo like many others before it and that will follow it are testament to what i am saying.

so for me, the only way it would be proven by video is if a craft landed and aliens got out and it was clearly captured on video and independently witnessed, now that would be the only thing that would be extremely hard to hoax for the average joe!.

thanks

rich

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

K3rm1t.....

Thanks again for your interesting thread.

I've looked at the photo as sent to me for quite a while now.

Although the appearance to me is atypical in detail, in my opinion there's a strong chance it's a bird.

I say that based on.....

- The general shape

- The location

- The prevalence of such bird pictures

- Alien ships are a little less common than birds

I guess there's also a small chance it's a parasail type canopy as per RICH-ENGLAND, or a bottle top in the foreground.

However without a clearer photo, I guess one cannot say what it is with 100% certainty.

As per the norm, I wish we had a clearer photo......if we did, perhaps we could disprove the bird hypothesis!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

It's a blimp, or zephyr for you European types. That's probably one of the worst "possible UFO's" I've seen.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by Superiorraw

hi mate, i understand what you're saying and also agree to a point but there are lots of skywatchers and many interesting videos but still like i said before even if you capture a good video or picture its still impossible to determine or prove that its of alien origin and not manmade!.

and yes not everyone is stupid but from my observations a huge majority of people will just believe anything and always take a strange leap of faith when they see anything they cant identify, it goes like this "oh whats that!, oh i dont know, it doesn't look like a normal aeroplane, oh it must be an alien spaceship then". and also the majority just take the tern u.f.o to mean alien spaceship!.
and this photo like many others before it and that will follow it are testament to what i am saying.

thanks

rich

Hiya.
Just be careful not to tarnish the majority of idiots with 'everyone' because there are some of us that don't summarize the equation:
UFO / UAP = Extra Terrestrial Vehicle / Aliens.

Might I invite you over to my thread in the Science and Technology section, I am currently asking all skywatchers with an interest in technology and skywatching to take part in discussing the best methods and getting the best advice. it does kind of border on this very point regarding your theory.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Stuff like distance relative to the observer and video footage/shot and of course size of object - so far we've discussed on the thread stuff like stereoscopic imaging and ways to counter combat peoples exclamations - I guess its a way of preventing and maximising your potential of video footage or camera shot - identifying all the possible problems where people might say - I dont think its a particular object or device because
*its too far away
*we cant get enough detail
*how close is it to such and such a building

by identifying key points about a previous sighting that helped it get confirmed or not confirmed we can better prepare-equip ourselves with technology thats available to us as Civilians. I believe that if we do this - we'll always have a better chance when preventing a witness testimony along with videofootage or a photograph. - phew. that took a while to type out!

Back to this particular photograph - I would like to ask some basic questions please regarding this trip. so far it has been mentioned the 2 travellers/holliday makers are Marco Consorte (Alessios brother) and Giovanni di Vincenzo (Person in photograph).

Q1. Where abouts are they? In relation to the Tremiti Islands where abouts on the Island are they when they take this photograph?
San Domino or San Nicola?
www.tremiti-islands.com...

I was just wondering if it would be possible they could help us pinpoint exactly where they are in relation to the map on the photograph, it's been suggested that they are at a cove they've been drinking and been swimming and stopped to take pictures, theres a small bay and boats in the background so i'm assuming that bay and cove has a local name?

Q2. It might of already been addressed. The picture is dated 2004? This was taken 6 years ago? How come this has taken so long to be shown, identified? Or is it that the camera was incorrectly set, can the date/time be stated to confirm when this photograph was actually taken?

I'll drop by tomorrow to check on these 2 questions.

In friendship
Rich

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by k3rm1t
E-mail sent:

Good evening Mr. [K3rm1t]

Send a copy of the original photo taken from the machine model MPEG4 DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA MADE IN CHINA. The photo shows the date 2004 but is not trusted because the room was not set. Please "logically" to maintain the copyright of photos and not use it differently.

Many Thanks to ildemocratico.com for the photograph

Hiya K3rm1t,
Just wondering if you would be so kind to PM me the contact email address regarding the guy you contacted at the website, was it alessio's email?

I just want to refer some questions and dialogue with him if possible.

Cheers mate
Rich

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Superiorraw]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG
reply to post by k3rm1t

It's a blimp, or zephyr for you European types. That's probably one of the worst "possible UFO's" I've seen.

Hi, Just wondering if you could provide some photographs or examples of zephyr that resemble that shape? I did do a google image search but it failed to show any that look like that.

also i'd like to ask for those that believe this is a parasail or kyte type design - who also think they see rope or string from the left side? can you pinpoint where you think this starts and ends, (download the image and use an image editor to place red arrows where ) i've enlarged this photo and viewed it at normal size and like the seeker pointed out and k3rm1t pointed out i dont see the trail line or string.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Blimp

No i don't think this is a Blimp .

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Q2. It might of already been addressed. The picture is dated 2004? This was taken 6 years ago? How come this has taken so long to be shown, identified? Or is it that the camera was incorrectly set, can the date/time be stated to confirm when this photograph was actually taken?

Only thing I can think of for this is that with so much about ufo sightings on the net now compared to 6yrs ago they may have found the picture out and decided to hand it over to the newspaper.Could be wrong just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Maybe. It certainly would be a plausible explanation, but speculating instead of asking questions direct to the publisher leads to confusion about actual facts, if we have direct contact with the publisher (the photograph taker is his brother so i'm assuming asking questions would be fine).
I've been offered a direct translation from an old school friend, so i've put down a brief comms letter between myself and the editor of the newspaper mr. alessio consorte and asked both direct questions to him. when I get the translated letter from english into italian i'll email him direct and see what he says. Google translate can give you some nightmarish results, i'd just rather get someone who understands the language better to help out.

The recent article, seems to refer to this as a recent event, because the editor tells us to ignore the date on the camera, why ask us to ignore the date on the camera/photo if it was taken ages ago whats the issue? I also dragged up the original photo. The camera info is here:

Maker: Zoran Corp
Model: Coach
date taken: 01/01/2004 14:13

I'll let you know when i've got anything further on this.

In friendship
Rich

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Im not necessarily saying its a definate flying saucer.......BUT if it where included in that class of vehicle who's to say that it would travel through the skies as indeed an airplane or chopper etc.etc. would.By that i mean we could stand in a certain spot & watch a plane take off,climb altitude,fly until such time as it becomes outside the limit of our vision but until it does it stays as a solid mass.How do we know that IF it was ET by design that it would be following the same design?A bit like the Tardis in DR.Who series when its nearing the end of its journey(& in fact preparing to depart)how it flickers back & forth slightly increasing its solidness until it comes to rest as indeed A solid , real , er.. phone box.?
Just supposing is all.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Today I got back my translated letter ready for sending to the editor alessio consorte. In this letter I addressed 2 questions that I would like answering regarding this case.
Below is the letter I have sent this afternoon.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caro Alessio

Mille grazie per la publicazione della storia del U.F.O. Io ho analizato la fotografia per due giorni. So molto grat si mi potesso rispondo certe domante della fotografia.

1- Dove sono, e a que parte delle isole di tremiti anno tirata la fotografia,San Domino ho a San Nicola?
Per piacere mi fai sapere a que parte di tremiti sat tuo fratello Marco.
Mi sempre che sapere come si chiamo la baia.

2- Questa fotografia e datato perche ci a passato sei anni per la identificato di questa fotografia. Si la macchina fotografia non era giusto datata, si puo investigare del giorno e ora che e stato fatto, e mi confirme le mie domante.
Mi puoi confermare si Giovanni e Marco erano la a Tremiti quandro e stato presa questa fotografia

Mille Grazie Amico

Ricardo (Richard)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
--
www.youtube.com...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think with a photograph like this. Its very important we know more about the location. Where is this place that the photograph was taken? I can see that its in a bay or cove, does it have a name?

I think in learning a little more about this location, we can then start to look at how far up they are on the cliff side, location will tell us that area, what kind of distance is between the first set of rocks and the second set?

I'm also asking why theres an altered date on the photograph, that is the indication that this holiday was taken recently, I'd like the date/time to be fully confirmed of this vacation.

Lets hope we get some solid answers so we dont just speculate, lets seperate fact from fiction then we can look at the plausibles.
In friendship
Richard

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join