It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting disc-shaped UFO photographed over Tremiti Islands in Adriatic Sea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

UFO Tremiti Islands / Found by chance on a photo by our editorial staff. Depart from Pescara two young men spend a different day on Tremiti Islands. Between a dip and a drink they took some photos. When they came back one of the two young downloaded a photos on PC and he saw this object which isn't a bird or even a plane! The guy who took the photo is Mario Consorte (brother of our publisher), the boy on the photo is Giovanni Di Vincenzo. We have enlarged the picture, changed the resolution, alter the color and brightness and we get a better look at this object.

Weird how they never see the object in view before taking the picture.Reminds me of a Mexican sighting.
Still any thoughts, opinions etc..?

[edit on 27-6-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
photo shopped in my opinion, they would have seen it!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

link to the source

ildemocratico.com...

having the raw data from the original photo might help too

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

It's an interesting image and doesn't look faked. Maybe I'm wrong? If another member can show it's a hoax photo, fair enough.

It looks real to me and raises a couple of clichéd questions too. Are we getting too scared of being wrong to accept UFO images? If an unexplained object turns up in a snapshot, what can we do about it?

Flagged and waiting to see if anyone can explain it.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Until we can get the original raw image - cant be analyzed. For all we know it was photoshopped in - since someone already photoshopped the orange arrow and website.

[edit on June 27th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
just a thought but could be some sort of parasailing or something similar seeing as its at a beach at a holiday resort.
if you look closely at the object it does seem to have a parachute shape and flairs where ropes could/would be attached.

thanks

rich

[edit on 27-6-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
i took the first image from the website this came from, and blew it up to check for pixelation around the ufo - different sized squares than the rest of the image which would indicate possible alteration.

here they are, in two images so they will fit in the thread:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b719de3d9622.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50e1f7049669.jpg[/atsimg]

there is some pixelation around the object, but a little bit of the same size is seen at the top edges of the subject's head, so it might be something within normal limits due to light or heat or something.

i dunno.
i'm no expert!

i would say it might be genuine - why would they fool with the guy's head, too, if they were adding a ufo to the image?

but then again, who knows what people do and why they do it...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

the pixels look pretty much the same size to me but i dont think that rules anything in or out at the moment, but one thing i did notice is a very thin and faint line coming down and underneath the object starting from its left side, could this be a rope? and could my parasailing/parascending/paragliding theory be correct?

thanks

rich

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The object is at the limit of resolution. It's actual shape is suggested by a mere handful of pixels. It does appear to be solid and the lighting and general "feel" seems to match the rest of the scene. As Rich-England pointed out, it is a resort area, so it may well be a para-glider or large kite being flown above the marina (visible bottom left.) Or perhaps its some tourists from Tau Ceti come to enjoy the bright sun, azure skies and delicious red apulian wine.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Since it's impossible to determine where in the picture the anomaly resides, perspective-wise, I'm going to have to go with a bottle cap thrown at the subject for comedic effect.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

haha, nice, but it would have to be a bloody big bottle!. maybe the top off a wine kiraffe!. lol

thanks

rich

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Not if it was thrown from the direction of the photographer towards the subject...then it would appear larger than a bottlecap compared to his head size, as it does.

Personally, I think it's between the photog and the subject...

c'mon, this a dead ringer for a bottlecap imho:

[edit on 6/27/10 by Tharsis]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

although i agree it could very well be between the photographer and subject and could well be a thrown object, i really don't think its a bottle cap, its dimensions don't look right as in width to height ratio, thats why i said wine kiraffe top as they are much wider like a small jar lid.

thanks

rich

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by k3rm1t

It's an interesting image and doesn't look faked. Maybe I'm wrong? If another member can show it's a hoax photo, fair enough.

It looks real to me and raises a couple of clichéd questions too. Are we getting too scared of being wrong to accept UFO images? If an unexplained object turns up in a snapshot, what can we do about it?

Flagged and waiting to see if anyone can explain it.

I have a tendency to agree with you, friend, this does make one wonder; I also agree that far too many are too quick to whip out the hoax hammer, just as one newer member has immediately called it fake without any analysis at all.

I also do not see any trailing lines or surfaces/indications of it being an attached object such as a kite or para-sail; also there is no sign of any wake or waves from a boat in the blue waters behind the young man.

Perhaps the OP can provide us with the exif data; that will bear weight on the study, as well as providing the raw image if possible.

interesting...

seeker

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hard to tell what it is, para-sail, a kite or baloon of some sort. But....if you look into the screen of a small digital camera to line up a photo it would be easy to miss a fast or small object. I usually have a general idea of how it will look untill i download it and then can make out the details. I like it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by k3rm1t

UFO Tremiti Islands / Found by chance on a photo by our editorial staff. The guy who took the photo is Mario Consorte (brother of our publisher), the boy on the photo is Giovanni Di Vincenzo. We have enlarged the picture, changed the resolution, alter the color and brightness and we get a better look at this object.

By their own admission this photo was taken by someone related to the publication and also has been altered. Both of those things raise red flags to me. However it's the relation the photographer has to the editor that stands out in my mind...not the photoshop.

Im sure you guys know this by now but the last two versions of photoshop (CS4 and CS5) make it possible to literally erase any traces of alteration or cut and paste. I have also been told CS5 even allows you to change the exif data. (Supposedly...I havent figured it out yet).

That in mind, I cant say if this is a HOAX or not...it kind of looks that way...the object itself almost looks like one of the stock UFO's that come with one of the newer Iphone UFO apps.

I guess until someone gets the RAW image the world may never know. I'll admit it though...I hope it's real but it's probably not.

Anyway, thats just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Just asking questions at this stage, when was the picture taken? Was it as recent as this year?

The photo looks like it was taken back in the 90s, it looks substantially poor in quality compared to what todays modern cameras are capable of. Why is this the case?

Can we get any more information about this, what camera was he using, what is the cameras capabilities and i'd also like to see the original un-edited image. When editing a stock photo they can always choose 'save-as' instead of over writing the original. This means they'd get a copy of the original with the edited saves on top.

Alot will be clearer i think when the people supplying the photo and the information are pressed for more answers. I can understand them wanting to watermark the photo with the additional features such as website name and arrows but if this is geniune they'd have no reason not to keep the original and no qualms about sharing it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

K3rm1t.....

Thank you for starting this very interesting thread.

A star & flag for you, my friend!

I am looking forward to seeing how the discussion unfolds.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Ditto Maybe...MaybeNot

Not that I want to go by feelings, but, this one doesn't 'feel' hoax.

We might have a winner here...

peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by noisemedia

Noisemedia.....

I agree......the EXIF data can now thoroughly obfuscate & confound things!

The EXIF app’s I use are Opanda IExif 2.3 & Opanda POWERExif Professional. With these I can…..

- Select the EXIF data fields

- Right click to bring up an advanced menu

- Access an edit function wherein I can edit the fields in the EXIF data file

This is consistent with the information on their website:

THE BEST CHOICE TO EDIT EXIF DATA IN IMAGES

”Opanda PowerExif is a professional tool to edit Exif data in images. As the best assistant to edit & modify images information for photographers, image pickers, PowerExif allows to edit & modify all Exif data freely”

www.opanda.com...

Note: Please use the slider bar (above) to view the EXIF data edit control window

So as you say, we must also be very circumspect about jumping to conclusions based solely on conclusions derived from EXIF data.

Also fortunately, the ol’ human brain is still quite good at ringing those initial “CGI” alarm bells!

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join