It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teleporting - will it ever be possible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If in fact the Philidalphia Experiment was real, doesn't it make sense that we have come a long way since then. I mea nreports from that were pretty brutal from men being fused to the hull, but others were merely dizzy. If we can confirm or deny it happened it may take us a long way to figuring this thread out???

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
In theory it is possible for an object to stay whole and move from one place to another with out using time.... the whole dematerializing yourself and flying thru the air like some kind of tv signal is only for wankas chocolote factory.... we as humans will sonner be able to move without the use of time by manipulating space time long before we will be able to dissasemble our molecular structure and transmit it to some other location....

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

But as for the question of transporting the soul: what if the end resuld was a being that was physically exactly the same as me, with the exact same personality and memories, but it wasn't me. You would never know. You would die every time you were transported, and no one would ever know it.

Adding to this - if we die everytime we are disassembled and the end result is actually another being, a duplicate if you will, then perhaps we could somehow create "backups" which we could use if we did die? You know what I mean? Create this backups and when we die, just use the same machine that reassembles us at the other end of teleporting to produce a duplicate being.

It's far fetched, but interesting...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
As soon as we are able to understand the arrangement of sub-atomic particles, i would assume that we could eventually teleport or fabricate nearly any type of matter.

www.newscientist.com...

there have been several advances in this area in the past year. sciencedaily.com, and newscientist.com has several related articles.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tim356
(...)
Adding to this - if we die everytime we are disassembled and the end result is actually another being, a duplicate if you will, then perhaps we could somehow create "backups" which we could use if we did die? You know what I mean? Create this backups and when we die, just use the same machine that reassembles us at the other end of teleporting to produce a duplicate being.
(...)

I'm sure to understand you... In a way, that would be better even than cloning! You disassemble someone, take a copy of the energy produced, and then with two copies you can create two exactly same persons, with same knowledge, memories, skills, feelings, et cetera...

Hmm... That sounds strange to me...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well, just throwing some thoughts around.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I kinda doubt that we'll see human transportation by teleportation. I do think that we could use it to transport bulk matter or commercial goods.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Teleporting a human? doesn't that mean I will be simply killed (vaporized) and another identical person simply takes my place? I don't know what you think, but I don't want to be killed and then replaced by a clone.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
And will we ever transport a human?

To teleport a human would require knowledge of the type and exact position and movement of every atom of the person to be teleported. That is about a hundred thousand million million million million atoms. To send that information down today's fast data transfer systems would take a hundred million times longer than the present age of the Universe (which is about 15 thousand million years).

If it is ever possible, there is the question of whether destroying a human to teleport their information to another place to rebuild them again would constitute murder, and you might also want to discuss if the teleported human would actually be the original person or a copy.

link:
news.bbc.co.uk...
also related:
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
i agree with vowles there
teleportation of a photon of light did occur succesfully .. i read all about it in one of those science mags .. wasnt too descriptful though

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join