It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama being Cornered into Declaring Martial Law?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

It's an oligarchy run by bankers, corporate execs, and financial tycoons. Seeing as no word fits the bill, I'll make up my own and call it a Monstrocracy.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Record Unemployement
Record Foreclosures
Record Deficits
Unending Foriegn Wars
Derisive Healthcare legislation
Wayward States threating Seccession
Illigal Alien Population Displacement
Increasing violence on Mexcio-US border
Oil Spills
Propaganda being pandered as truth
Possessed Stock Market
Disfunctional Political System that favors Corporations over Citizens
Record Gun Sales
Citizens Being Monitoried and Labelled as threats by Government

America has become like a failed 3rd world state. It's people preying upon one another like vultures.

It's almost like they are forcing Obama's hand.

Executive Order 12919: "National Emergency" would bring the following Executive orders into play.

EO 10990: "allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports."

EO 10995: Federal seizure of all communications media in the US.

EO 10997: Federal seizure of all electric power, fuels, minerals, public and private.

EO 10998: Federal seizure of all food supplies and resources, public and private and all farms and equipment.

EO 10999: Federal seizure of all means of transportation, including cars, trucks, or vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports and water ways.

EO 11000: Federal seizure of American people for work forces under federal supervision, including the splitting up of families if the government so desires.

EO 11001: Federal seizure of all health, education and welfare facilities, both public and private.

EO 11002: Empowers the Postmaster General to register every single person in the US.

EO 11003: Federal seizure of all airports and aircraft.

EO 11004: Federal seizure of all housing and finances and authority to establish forced relocation. Authority to designate areas to be abandoned as 'unsafe,' establish new locations for populations, relocate communities, build new housing with public funds.

EO 11005: Seizure of all railroads, inland waterways and storage facilities, both public and private.

EO 11051: Provides FEMA complete authorization to put above orders into effect in times of increased international tension of economic or financial crisis (FEMA will be in control incase of 'National Emergency').

www.sourcewatch.org...:_.22National_Emergency.22

[edit on 27-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

Um, most of the executive orders that are mentioned were signed in by JFK. Side note, and this is important, they were rescinded by Richard M. Nixon, and thus are no longer valid. I do not see anything there that would indicate that they are still valid or would lead to martial law on a national level as is suggested here. Now on a local scale, such as a spill over in violence between Mexico and the United States, as in Arizona or where the gulf coast gets worse, then it would be localized, or in any other natural diseaster to maintain order and for the safety of the citizens.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Sounds eerily like the state the Roman Empire was in right before it fell. We are seeing the start of a change in our government as we know it. I just hope it will be for the common good, but somehow I just don't think that is going to happen.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

Sounds eerily like the state the Roman Empire was in right before it fell. We are seeing the start of a change in our government as we know it. I just hope it will be for the common good, but somehow I just don't think that is going to happen.

Too right! It's almost like there's too much pressure building up inside the wellhead, and the prols are venting too much steam. Looks like the BOP is becoming unstable.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

It's an oligarchy run by bankers, corporate execs, and financial tycoons. Seeing as no word fits the bill, I'll make up my own and call it a Monstrocracy.

It's more of an Oligarical, Corporate, Militant, Psudo-Religious Magocractic form of Anarchic Kleptocracy which has devolved into a Puppet State.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Um, most of the executive orders that are mentioned were signed in by JFK. Side note, and this is important, they were rescinded by Richard M. Nixon, and thus are no longer valid.

I do not see anything there that would indicate that they are still valid or would lead to martial law on a national level as is suggested here.

Well the truth appears to be that Presidents can do just about whatever they feel like doing at any time and we are currently under a state of emergency at this very moment.

The current legal status of the emergency powers of the President involves so many statutes and executive orders that misconceptions abound. Since some of these legal instruments revoke prior ones, and some absorb the content of others, the confusion seems to multiply.

In 1971 Congress was astonished to discover that our nation had been in a continuous state of national emergency since Roosevelt's proclamations of 1933. Additionally, still binding were the emergencies proclaimed by Truman in 1950 and Nixon in 1970.

In 1976 Congress passed the National Emergencies Act , which terminated any existing declarations of national emergency effective September 14, 1978. Nevertheless, the 1976 Act did not affect the 1933 Act in any manner. Moreover, it did not stop subsequent presidents from declaring states of emergency.

www.khouse.org...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

do not give in to fear tactics. People who live in fear are slaves. government is for the people and of the people. spreading fear on these boards just enforces it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by true-life

do not give in to fear tactics. People who live in fear are slaves. government is for the people and of the people. spreading fear on these boards just enforces it.

Who's spreading fear?

Have I said anything that is untrue?

How can sharing the the truth be considered to be spreading fear?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by true-life

In nothing we trust is right, he has said nothing that is not the truth. When does fact become fear mongering. If you ask me the people who deny these FACTS are the ones living in fear. Just like children in bed covering their heads with the blanket hoping the monster will go away. More people are starting to become aware that our government is run and owned by corporations and banks. We have been lied to for too long. This is not what I want for my 5 year old daughters future or any of your children's future.

I don't advocate starting any type of violent revolution unless we the people are attacked....but we need to start banding together and demand a change in our governments operations. Such as making it possible for the common man to run for president. You should not have to be in the millionaires club to run for president. So much more to change.

[edit on 6/28/2010 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 6/28/2010 by CaptGizmo]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join