It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Voice Phenomenon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi
i've tried this a couple times. i haven't gotten very good results, the best was something that sounded like a dragging or poking of the microphone.

EVP's are in no way easy to get. It can be done, but you must be patient. I used 4 tapes to get 4 EVP's! That's a whole lot of recording with very little success. If you're into other aspects of ghosthunting, then it's best to leave your recorder on while you take pictures, measurements..etc. It's good to ask a question aloud to see if you get a response. Here's an example of one of my EVP's.

I asked, "Are there any spirits present tonight?"

Response shortly afterwards: "Some of us."

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i was ghosthunting while doing the recording. it was in a hotspot local cemetary. the pictures turned out fairly satisfiying, but i just got those noises on the recorder. i think it's a good companion to ghost hunting though. you should put your results on here, it would be neat to hear.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Over the last 6 mos. I have had several encounters with people who claim to actually HEAR with their own ears a voice that appears electronic. Power shorts. Radios, lights, computers, cash registers all shorting out or buzzing, flickering, etc. There are also rumours about people being fitted with earpieces to either clear up or tune out the voice. Which I am not sure. If ANYONE has information on this I would greatly appreciate the useful info. Thx. Peace.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
ive heard the same kind of thing,but with my own ears
me and k0rpz3y were in an english lesson and we were discussing the paranormal,as you do lol.well jonny (aka Dread) was being very quiet then i heard this voice saying "hello Samih".i asked jonny if hed said anything and he said no.i asked lewis and mike (aka K0rpz3y) if hed said anything they said no as well.i told them id heard someone say hello to me and mike said hed heard the same thing.he said it was electronicy and said hello michael.i heard it in the same voice and it said almost exactly the same thing.needless to say we were both really jumpy for the rest of the day.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I kinda got a feeling my house is haunted and especialy my room, nothing wierds happend just i get strange feelings...im going on holiday in a couple of weeks and once im back me and my friends are gonna make some records, if we find anything, after i've moved house
i'll post the results

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a great program for editing/enhancing sound is cool edit 2000/pro, you can download it "free" off of kazaa.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I don't know about that ghostwave site One...I find it hard to believe when they cannot spell "material" right. It is written as "meterial".

Also, those recordings sound a lot like they have been ripped off a movie, or something, I can't pin-point it, but it definately sounds familiar.

-wD

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well...sometimes in my house I hear footsteps or banging but that still could be anything...and a door opened on its own. There was no wind at all. No earthquake...

[edit on 15-6-2004 by Yngwie]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
one time....I SWEAR I was hearing voices talking to me in the static on the TV set.........I swear it said my name....and I clearly heard DEATH DEATH....so I got spooked and unplugged the TV for a a week or more before I decided it was all in my head....
BUT...ya never KNOW

I find it VERY interesting that the second link to the ghost voices WOS posted is from a 'local to me' Utah Ghost busting group......and I even live in Sugarhouse....and I have worked at the Old Mill...so I listened to all this stuff......
These things sounded very 'tin like' to me......I am not sold on the authenticity because they sound tin-ish and so 'electronicly'contrived...
..BUT....ya never KNOW

[edit on 15-6-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Also, those recordings sound a lot like they have been ripped off a movie, or something, I can't pin-point it, but it definately sounds familiar.

Your right. It is a bad example. But just googling for electronic voice phenomenon turns up quite a few sites. And they do sound electronic, literally, like they were enhanced or something. But I am starting to become convinced that there is something to this, even though there may be alot of hoaxers out there.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm into the ghost hunting thing .... I don't have all the toys, but some. I just bought a recorder to try EVPs here at our home. We have a spook that shows up on a regular time table. We have tried once asking questions and waiting an appropriate length of time between questions but got nothing. We will keep trying. I have no doubt we will have success.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
i've read that to know if you've recorded a true evp experiance you need to anylize the tape with some type of wav device. according to current popular theory and evp of a ghost is truely unearthly if the hrz of the voice is 300 or below because a human can not speak at below 300hrz

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's a few days later and I have played with my new EVP 'toy'. Yes. We did get some interesting things. Lots of shuffling. Lots of sounds of things moving and dragging. The sound of someone taking a bath (no kidding - the blub blub blub of the water, splashing, etc.). AND ... the biggie ... a man whispered 'he wants you to ...'

Most activity was after 1:30 am and before 4:00 a.m.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's a few days later and I have played with my new EVP 'toy'.

Can you upload those clips?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
When I was about 15, my art teacher was into this. He had a handful of tapes he'd made by just recording the silence in his house at night. He'd play them back at high volume and listen to them.

He marked down the points on the tape where there was noise, and he made a tape of all the noises he heard. The tape he had had the sounds of quiet moaning that didn't sound sane, like a mentally ill child rocking back and forward. It raised the hairs on my neck, it was a very scary noise, there were also light tapping sounds, and the occasional spoken word (in dutch) that could just be made out, as if someone in the next room had spoken quietly. At one point, there was breathing, which I don't know what to make of. At the time I assumed it was ghosts, and didn't think about it, but do ghosts breathe?

This teacher was convinced this was all true. I don't see why he would make it up, he was really keen on the idea of recording silence and listening to it. Although I'm not sure I believe in ghosts, butI think this tape was recording real phenomena. No idea what it was, though.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've encountered EVPs as I've mentioned before... I gotta tell you though that some of the stuff I hear on the internet is quite a stretch to be saying the words attributed to them. I mean if you think hard enough the static may really eventually sound like "Please Help Me" but that could be in your mind

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
rivergoddess, i once had an experience like that, where i heard a voice communicating with me once, while i was playing bust-a-move 4 with friend on a dreamcast. it even said my name...the message was this... "(static) (my name) are you there?... (my name) is that you?... (static for about 15 seconds)... alright then... **** you!" needless to say, my friend heard nothing. what was more eerie was that when i said one thing that bothered me about b-a-m 4, was that music was scarce which immediately following that, music came on! of course this was the first of a few encounters of mild possession...i really have a hard time sleeping at night and closing my eyelids when i try to sleep...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
think i would hear my dog if i took it to were hes baried?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
the voice thing from tapes - well tapes are the answer sorry

when you record on a magnetic tape the head writes 2 tiny strips with a gap between them (the gap holds a channel on the reverse direction)
anyway - due to the azimuth of cassattes alignment and the fact that not everyone on the earth owns a nakamicha cassette deck
- the voices they hear are probable sounds from either the reverse side of the tape or sounds that have been recorded over (it is magnetic - u cant expect every single particle to be magnatised in a direction just because some bit of metal passes close to it)

why dont these voices show up on my digital recordings ( i record #loads of audio each day in 24bit and dont hear any hidden voices)

if its a spanky new tape that has voices on then it leaves it to one thing!! it must be ghoulies

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join