It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics when we colonise a new planet??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There will never be moon colonies, there's not enough water to support it, it'll always be like antarctica

the outer space treaty is a joke, when colonies ever happen anywhere i think the treaty will be discarded, it's just not well suited for large scale colonization efforts

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
There will never be moon colonies, there's not enough water to support it, it'll always be like antarctica

When we get the technology to travel there cheaply and quick you could just bring water from earth we have enough of it on this planet to hook a moon colony up with some. We have space stations and they would have no water if they didnt get any from earth atleast the moon might have some of its own.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
bringing water to a few people on a space station in low earth orbit is a much different and much easier excersise then bringing water to hundreds or thousands or more colonists on the moon, unless they find adaquate water supplies ON the moon there will never be a large colonization effort there, it'll be turned into a way station and the colonists will go to mars

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ack, first your wrong about the water. Think Hydrogen fuel cell and find out what the by-products are. Duhh.

But the major ack, would be who would want to live on the moon. No atmosphere, limited gravity. You would turn to mush in a matter of a couple years. Let alone cosmic bombardment. Your life space would be very limited unless you lived in a iron layered lunar bomb shelter. No playing outside, no enjoying the warm whisp of air or a cold snap, no snow no outdoor anything. no playing catch with the dog on the grass.

Life would suck. They would have to achieve artifical gravity on the lunar surface to make operating and living on the planet even feasible. Think about what would happen inside your "home" on the moon.

Honey did you velcro the milk down ?? aaawww, yea sure

Then why did it go floating in front of me after I heard the kitchen airlock door closed ???

I swear if the kids dont stop jumping into the attic I am going to be so pissed, the cat keeps hopping through the hall way

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
Life would suck. They would have to achieve artifical gravity on the lunar surface to make operating and living on the planet even feasible. Think about what would happen inside your "home" on the moon.

Honey did you velcro the milk down ?? aaawww, yea sure

Then why did it go floating in front of me after I heard the kitchen airlock door closed ???

I swear if the kids dont stop jumping into the attic I am going to be so pissed, the cat keeps hopping through the hall way

That's hilarious! However, don't count us Humans out yet; we're an amazingly adaptable species.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
first one there should get to run things. usa: 6 world: 0

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join