It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; The Seven Churches (are warned against toleration)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

DISRAELI,

There has been a serious falling away of the churches and falling into the undesirable ones described for sure.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; KJV

We can be in any of the seven churches, that is our decision, the trouble being discipleship is missing. A watered down theology instead of the Word being followed and upheld. Each should read the story of the seven churches and see which one he is presently in and change to a different one that pleases Yahshua.

I say beware that falling away has occured.

Truthiron

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthiron
There has been a serious falling away of the churches and falling into the undesirable ones described for sure.
... A watered down theology instead of the Word being followed and upheld. Each should read the story of the seven churches and see which one he is presently in and change to a different one that pleases Yahshua.

Thank you for those comments.
It is certainly very difficult to avoid that conclusion.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I now attach a link to my more recent thread on the first chapter of Revelation, which sets the tone for the entire book;

Fear Not

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There is now an Index, covering all these Revelation threads, at this location;

Index of Revelation threads

This thread is numbered as #3 in the "order of chapters" list and Biblical reference index.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just to clarify;
Nothing in the OP is intended to suggest any particular prophetic signifcance in the year 2012 or the date 21/12/2012

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

My response to the claims made about the year 2012 was that I could see no prophetic significance in the date.
This position seems to have been vindicated.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I got a you-beaut epiphany from your explaining the meaning of the word 'Nicolaitans', Disraeli!

The Antichrist/Little Horn/Beast from the Sea/Eighth Head, etc. is to have power over, and to shatter the power of / overcome the saints during the Tribulation, and the meaning of 'Nicolaitans', which is 'conqueror/s of the people', pinpoints exactly this situation.

The Son of God would not 'hate his enemies', so there must be another reason for his hatred of the Nicolaitans. Also, it is all part of God's plan and purposes, as the Tribulation is to 'purge, refine and make white', so the Son would be aware of the reasons God allows His elect to be overpowered.

Instead, I would suggest that it is because those who do not successfully endure/overcome, lose out on his atoning Blood, and this would be far more in keeping with his nature - to hate those who kept some of his sheep from him.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I wonder if the "Seven Churches" are the 'wheat parts'...
whereas the 'Seven Heads" are the 'Tares parts'...( i.e. the end-times Empire with 7 heads with 10 horns )

makes sense to me... and becomes still another layer-of-the-onion that prophetic words always have in both obvious meanings and deep mystical significance at the same time

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I feel the need to correct a fallacy held by those who consistently state (as AutoWrench did earlier,) "Jesus never claimed to be God".

From John 10:30 "I and the Father are one" NIV

From John 8:58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” NIV

Unbelievers and skeptics are free to disbelieve that Jesus was divine. However, he HIMSELF claimed to be God....not a good teacher, and not "inspired by the Creator".

It is typical in this day and age with the prevalence of so-called internet experts that we get regurgitated so-called iron-clad arguments such as Jesus is not the Messiah, BECAUSE he never claimed to be divine.

I encourage everyone to read actual tactile source material, and not take everything they read on the internet as the absolute truth. If you want to believe Christians are misguided, foolish, or lacking intellectual ability, so be it.

Sorry for the thread derail.

I can and do respect atheists, so long as they at least support their argument with valid claims and not hand-me-down internet truisms.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
A reminder because of current interest in Revelation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join