It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Gulf oil spill 'war', cleanup foot soldiers threaten mutiny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

"You've got a militia sitting in this room," Gulf County commissioner Bill Williams told Coast Guard and BP officials in a combative meeting on Wednesday. "They can either be with you or against you."

Read the rest of the article here.

Interesting article by Christian Science Monitor that has pictures, etc, and other articles on the subject.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I really hope that they aren't just all talk about this like happens so much of the time.

I really hope that they stand up to these people en masse and do something, ANYTHING, to get control, but I feel, in my pessimistic/realist way, that it will be just more of the same and more grandstanding in public meetings.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I am sure there already have been isolated incidents of mutiny or out right rebellion that have been quieted or dealt with quietly and silenced.
These are some prideful and well armed folks with an extended history of rebellion against "the north" While I am sure at this point any incidents are probably frustrated individuals as this affects more people ,more drastically it will escalate.
I sincerely hope that should an altercation occurs between the people affected and the people wielding "authority" it goes viral. And becomes a spearhead of revolution. The last bit is just my opinion. My first statements however are my strong opinion of what may come to pass before the health issues of the gasses in the area become the largest concern for the nation.
N.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have to say that I am 100 % in agreement with you and hope the same things you hope for.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This article can be summarized by saying that BP is in charge of the disaster they created.

The question is why? This seems on par with a murderer investigating his own crime while representing himself in the court of law.

And trust me when I say that BP is likely hoping for ANY excuse to throw up it's hands and go, we can't do what you need me to do because...

1. The peasants are revolting.
  2. The Government is stepping in to take charge.
  3. No one is adhering to the claim process (that we change each week).
  4. (Insert anything that will make BP seem like the victim).

Furthermore, while I'm on my soap box, Obama failed to take the proactive response for the same people that helped elect him.

He could have thrown the BP US and UK executives in jail pending a criminal investigation, and when told that was illegal said, "So what, come and get them if you think you can take them." He could have activated a special peace corps program and asked for the nation's unemployed to take advantage of the opportunity. He could have mobilized volunteers from all over the world, because people would have believed they were doing the right thing.

Instead we got some stuttering guy with some speech about making stuff okay all the while allowing BP, a foreign company, to take over our coastline, block access to the press, hire our police to harass citizens--so it could drag it's feet while the ocean ecosystems are decimated.

The mutiny can start in Louisiana, but it better end in DC.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Asperglar]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asperglar

The mutiny can start in Louisiana, but it better end in DC.

Hear Hear!!! I couldn't agree more!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asperglar
This article can be summarized by saying that BP is in charge of the disaster they created.

He could have activated a special peace corps program and asked for the nation's unemployed to take advantage of the opportunity. He could have mobilized volunteers from all over the world, because people would have believed they were doing the right thing.

That comment right there would fix most of what is wrong with the US.

Instead of sending trillions out of the country put it to work here.

Like the CCC, WPA, and other prior used tools.

Grow vertical hydroponic algae oil in the desert and stop
importing oil from nations that hate us.

We don't need to spend trillions to guard oil routes and foreign oil
production.

Let the world care for itself or kill itself, they sure as hell do not
give a damn about us.

700+ bases in 130+ countries? We are the new Rome and the
patrician class is running us into the ground.

The fiat currency backed by nothing is the new yoke on the new slaves.

You do not own your land, you rent it from the government.

You have to ask permission and get permits to do damn near anything,
and pay yet even more government rent money then.

Over 175 taxes, fees, permits, licenses and other tools of parasitic
servitude by pirates in nice clothes.

We cannot compete with countries that use child labor, have no EPA,
no OSHA, zero minimum wage or one that is much lower than ours.

All the millions on assistance can at least work part time help fix
the country that is falling apart.

Like Lincoln said, a hand up, not a hand out.

Between scaling back foreign bases and reducing our foreign oil
imports from 80+% to zero we would have NO problems.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hell yeah, it's time to kick some ass alright it's the O's that needs kicking. By God in heaven we will not stop this time until Washington is a pile of dust.
Disclaimer; I am not a terrorist, I'm an Irish southerner don't piss me off. British best remember we have kicked their ass more than once.
I don't own a gun but I got plenty of weapons.

top topics

join