It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Israel a loose cannon? G20 thinks so.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
All the talk today at the G20 is their belief Israel will attack Iran, The leaders issued a statement on Saturday calling on Iran to "respect the rule of law" and to "hold a "transparent dialogue" over its nuclear ambitions. Of course Israel is exempt from the rule of law as they are in constant violation of International Law. Israel as we all know will pretend to want to attack Iran so the rest of the world will do it for them. Israel will NEVER attack a country that has the ability to fight back. Especially a country like Iran that has a level of military might Israel has never before encountered. In any case Iran is ZERO threat to the US so we certainly don't need a third war to furthur bankrupt our country. What do you think?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think you're absolutely right.

Unfortunately, i think the rest of the world know it, but for some bizarre reason choose to ignore it.

Israel are and always have been bullies. They are cowards when it comes to fighting a real army, as opposed to teenagers throwing rocks at their tanks..or peace flotilla volunteers with knives and bars, then the Israelis become very brave.

I'd let them go it alone if i were the US. I doubt you'd hear more than a peep out of them, if they had to stick up for themselves for a change.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Umm, I agree with you, however..

Don't be fooled by what seems like a "lack" of military units and or training on the Israeli side.

They have a VERY formidable fighting force and are some of the best trained in the world.

Mind you it's not the Iranian army they have to worry about, it would be actually trying to invade a country that is completely surrounded by mountains.

You can't blitzkreig it, very difficult to control or attempt an occupation. Then again, I don't really think Israel would want to occupy, I'm kind of certain they just want to destroy and then leave.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Israel got its ass handed to it on a plate in the 2006 Lebanese war -

Formidable? I think not - arrogant and over confident? yes.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I agree with your asessment. Israel has a capable military but are loath to look bad in war. Iran would make them look very bad. I would expect Iran to rain about a thousand missles on Israel beginning when Israeli warplanes are detected entering Iranian airspace. Israeli planes may have no place to land in Israel. I believe the only way Israel alone could defeat Iran is with nuclear weapons. Israel must also consider probable agreements Iran may have with Syria and Hezbollah. I believe, if Iran is attacked Syria will begin sending missles to Israel believing they will be next. I would look for Hezbollah to cross the border into Israel in an attempt to occupy one of the border villages. I think Israel also sees this senario as a possibility and therefore will not attack Iran, at least not without the US.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bravo111
Israel got its ass handed to it on a plate in the 2006 Lebanese war -

Formidable? I think not - arrogant and over confident? yes.

What are you talking about?

Isreal has NEVER lost a war. Sure they've taken great losses in some of those conflicts, but lost? Never.

Hell it was attacked by, what was it, 6 nations? And won.

Source

With all the aid they receive from the US, along with their arsenal of nuclear weapons, I don't think you know what your talking about friend.

There is much more to Israel's IDF force or their military in general that meets the eye, all one has to do is research.

~Keeper

[edit on 6/27/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
All the talk today at the G20 is their belief Israel will attack Iran, The leaders issued a statement on Saturday calling on Iran to "respect the rule of law" and to "hold a "transparent dialogue" over its nuclear ambitions.

So......

The G-20 issues Iran a statement of compliance to international rule and law and somehow this became a bash Israel thread? Or was it meant to always be one?

Some people see the Mossad under their beds at every turn. WATCH OUT! the Zionist Boogeymen will get you!

[edit on 27-6-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

well when its a one sided statement and really biased Iran should say f off and give the one finger salute, considering Israel has so been the only country in the region to ignore the NPT (or what ever its called) it is also known to have broken UN sanctions by arming south africa when it was under aparthide control (then again not supprising an aparthide country supporting another)

also so far (this part not directed at you) all i have seen israel do is blow up civilians in densly populated areas, use indiscrimiate weapons on civilians and so far attack a country which didnt even use what it had of a armed forces.
and even at that Israel broke rules of war by going after civilian infrontstructure,

the G20 heavily weigh down on Iran, yet they say jack all to a country which has done more harm in the region then Iran could ever do

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Don't mis-understand, Israel did a remarkable job during the '67 war, as you stated, defending herself against 6 countries. That was 1967. Lets take a look at what Israel has done since with regards to war and how Israels recent military history would prepare her for war with Iran and Irans probable allies. During the last Lebanon war Israel used the full force of her military might to try to achieve several stated objectives. First Israel wanted to rescue the captured soldiers. Second they wanted to eliminate Hezbollah as a military and political force and third, although unstated, to occupy Lebanon up to the Latini river. To claim any sense of victory Israel would have had to achieve at least one of her stated objectives. Israel failed to do so. Therefore Israel "won" nothing. They did not rescue their soldiers, they rather than diminish Hezbollahs influence actual made a hero out of the guy. At the end it was Israel trying to negotiate a cease fire. Now when you consider The Lebanese army stayed in their barracks refusing to engage the invading Israel army it casts an even greater shadow on the abilities of the IDF. If you believe the winner of a war is determined by the number of people killed, or the amount of property destroyed then of course you would conclude Israel won.

Next was "Cast Lead". Isreal virtually bombed the folks in Gaza back to stone age. Israel had one stated objective: To stop the rockets. Hamas still has the ability to send their little rockets at will so what did Israel achieve?

So the question is , could Israel alone, without the use of nuclear weapons destroy Irans many nuclear sites? My assesment is probably not. So if Israel cannot do it why would she expose herself to what would be, in my opinion, a devastating response from the Iranians and her allies.?
This would be another war Israel could not win!
Now I never intended this thread to be a forum for Israel bashing and I don't see that it has. I have re-read every post and it seems to me for the most part to be factual or honest opinions.
Now is Israel a loose cannon? Meaning, will they undertake a strike on Iran that will have severe repercussions for the entire Middle East and likely much of the world? Personally, I think not.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

My mistake. My last post was actually meant for everyone not just TOTHETENTHPOWER,

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
About isreal, I say we let them handle their own business. If they start a war over there in an Islamic hot bed they'd better be prepared to fight to the death. Thats what happens when someone else gives away your home land and you are forced to live together. Either do it or stop talking about it, I'm sick of all this saber rattling and rabble rousing that goes on there daily.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yes. They are a loose cannon. They disregard the nuclear nonproliferation treaty. They disregard airspace restrictions. They think they're exempt for inquiries and investigation. They kill UN peacekeepers or children on a beach and then deny it, later finally saying, "Oops...we made a mistake."

I believe they lost "the war" in 2006 when they attacked Lebanon. What did they gain? What did it prove? World opinion shifted that much more against them.

As for them never attacking a country that could fight back? Hmm. I don't know. That's hard to assess, even given their past actions.

They do attack Iran. With words. Iran fights back. We get stalemate. World attention. They maneuver. Pull back. Repeat it again a few years later.

They want Iran neutralized for their reasons, and the U.S. wants Iran's real estate, so they work together toward a common end. Whether Israel attacks outright or by proxy, it's all the same to them I guess.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

new topics

top topics

join