It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the material Starlite become classified?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here is what I could find
Update 2004:
www.guardian.co.uk...

starlitetechnologies.com is his domain

Here you can see what the site had on it in March, 2007
web.archive.org...://www.starlitetechnologies.com/index.html

Well, I know this comment comes a little late. Maurice Ward, the inventor of Starlite, did not invent his Starlite material because his wife died in a commuter plane crash due to heat insulation problems, it was a commercial airliner crash. The crash wasn't fatal; it was the burning plastic materials inside the plane that caused toxic fumes and smoke to kill the passengers, many of which were indeed children. Maurice Ward waited for years trying to market his invention, but could not find any partners in the United Kingdom. It was not the millions of dollars that interested him, it was in maintaining 51% control of the business so that it would not become corrupted or misused. There were no, 0, takers in the U.K, although one company did offer him $13million pounds sterling (about US$20million) and 45% control; he turned it down on the control issue. However, recently NASA has made a deal with Mr. Ward where he maintains control of the manufacture of his plastic; NASA is considering using this plastic in its next generation of space vehicles for: reentry heat shielding; interior shielding of the capsules, particularly as escape capsule that won't burn (the Challenger victims very well could have survived the explosion if the inside of the capsule had been properly fireproofed); and as a protective coating/insulation on the wiring of their spacecraft. If you ever get around to reading this, you may want to do some recent research on Mr. Maurice Ward; also of interest might be Mr. Troy Hurtubise, inventor of the Ursus Suit (and now, the next generation Trojan Suit, a suit of bullet-proof, fire-proof, explosion-proof armor that looks remarkably like Master Chief's suit in the game Halo). Like Mr. Ward's Starlite Plastic, Mr. Hurtubise's polymers are resistant to all kinds of damage, including machinegun fire, blunt trauma, and even cutting and piercing attacks.
www.whynot.net...
Sources: Google
·

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hello fellow members. My name is Betty. I enjoyed reading your posts concerning "Starlite". I have been looking for more information on this and never could find any until now. I thought I must be the only one that remembers this invention or had any interest in it. Maybe I can add my 2-cents worth here. I watched the first TV special in the late 80's or early 90's (somewhere around that time). The man that invented it was a hairdresser from Europe and invented it in his home. He tried to go to his government to show them his product but they didn't want to listen to him. Somehow, he got TV air-time and decided to show what his invention was all about. He went through his demonstrations which was the egg, the torch and the chamber that represented an atomic explosion. It was amazing. I told my son, who was watching it too, that this man is going to be the richest man on earth. He got the attention from every top government agency in the world. He developed it because he had witnessed an airline that was on fire and everyone was burned up. He was willing to sell it to a country that would use it for fire-prevention only, such as planes and home industry but would not use it for the military and purpose of war. He had the formula in his head but his granddaughter was the only other person that knew it. He never got a patient on it because to get a patient you have to disclose the formula and anyone could get it or a copy of it. He and his granddaughter were the victims of kidnapping schemes. The last I heard about him was around the era of 1992-95 when he was going to announce the country he had chosen to sell it to. I never heard another word about him or his invention Starlite. You can let your imagination go wild on the implications of this product in every industry (Military and domestic-anything that needed fire-proofing) you can think of. It worked as a solid and a liquid with the same results. Thank you for your time.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If any of these materials could be incorporated into paint, flooring, wall board, and roofing shingles it would greatly reduce heating and cooling costs and therefore energy usage. Energy, insulation, and fuel companies would NOT want these materials public.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Has anyone got any further details on this plastic and M. Ward...?
any contact details would be appreciated.

Thankyou

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by k15hor

I wish I did,but sadly not.
Good to keep this thread active though.
I remember seeing the stuff on tomorrows world as a kid,and my dads words were"This will change everything."
It would have too,if events had gone differently.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Strider
Thanks for posting such an interesting story. The value of such a substance would be almost beyond imagination. Of course the basic story itself could be a hoax. No BBC film, no inventor, no product. On the other hand, if it is real the potential military uses would be so great it would become government property overnight and remain secret indefinitely. All records of the BBC film, the inventor, the product - would be erased. hmmm....

it is not a hoax. unfortunately though Maurice died before he commercialized his product. purportedly the family may have his formula. and chips of it did (ahem) "find their way" into various organizations hands. so it is possible that it was militarized. but that won't be the end of it in the regular world. someone will figure it out eventually.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
one article that mentions both his death and the possibility his family has the formula.

www.theverge.com...

also there were discussions at various places talking bout how various govts and corps that he was negotiating with got sample chits of his material. one even discussed the fine scale structure of the material coating. said it was rough and porous and had incredible surface area and a complex structure under the microscope.

if you want to find updated material on it do a search for "maurice ward inventor of starlite has died" in your search engine of choice.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It doesn't surprise me the inventor of this product is now dead. Hopefully he shared his secret with someone.
Of course just knowing the product exists will mean someone will keep trying to find the formula. Even a material with half the insulation properties could make dramatic improvements to home and commercial building insulation materials possibly cutting US energy use by trillions of dollars if such materials were ever widely used and were not too expensive. It could save thousands of lives as well insulating firemen, airline passengers from fire, and provide escape suits in high heat disasters.
When one reads that some of the material when applied to a tank could allow the tank to withstand the heat of a nuclear blast, the military I'm sure takes notice. I can't remember where I read that. I didn't think popular science did any more articles but I read that somewhere. Sometimes I have trouble remembering if I read something in a dream or in real life if it was several years ago. Some of my dreams seem so real. I think I read it in Popular Science.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think there was another guy who claimed to have made something similar.
Not sure,but if memory serves me correctly,it was the guy with a funny name who also made a suit of armour to ward off grizzly bears!
Troy Hubertize or something was his name I think.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Maybe Aerogel has some relation?

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join