It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the material Starlite become classified?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
A friend of mine who used to work for the govenrment said to me that the material starlite most-likley would be available to the public. Even if it where to be available to the public, one with the neccessary knowlege of the material would be very limited in what its uses would be before it would be open for public consumption.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
oops i made a typo there i meant that the material starlite wouldn't be available to the public. Sorry about that mistake guys!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've seen a very canning similarity between aerogel and starlite plastic. The only difference is that their backrounds are completly different. What i mean is when, where and by whom they where invented.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
hmm could be made it into fallout shelter..

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I wonder how light Starlite is? The article about Firepaste was talking about it like it was a plastic, is Starlite the same way or can it at least be made into a plastic?

Just imagine all the stuff that could be made from Starlite
I would like to experiment with an engine made from Starlite plastic

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
A revolutonary material able to withstand over 10,000 C but the government manages to tie it up with red tape.

www.starlitetechnologies.com...

It would be so nice to learn if this is for real and if the public may eventually get to use it. It could save our economy billions of dollars and save more lives than were lost on 9-11.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wow this is an old thread, but a good one. I'm glad you pulled it back out

This reminds me of an article I recently saw about NASA and how they are testing heat resistant materials for the new CEV.

www.popularmechanics.com...

Supposedly they are testing materials that can withstand 18,000 degrees fahrenheit
and they have a giant room sized arc jet torch that is hotter than the surface of the sun to do so

I would like to expeirment with some of the materials they are using for high temp coatings for high performance engine parts like the tops of pistons, inside of the head, valve faces etc... so you run it to the limit and beyond with minimized fear of melting something

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'm going to pull this one back in to the present because I remember seeing the demonstrations of this on UK TV as a child, and its potential is underused.

There is a suppressed technologies thread on the go at the moment and this - I believe - is one of them.

Suppressed technologies is here

Suppressed Technologies

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
may be i am becoming too cynical [ old age and all ]

but when the guys website has more info , and pictures relating to his dammed harness racing hobby , than the alledged " miracle product "

i too remember seeing it on the BBC " TOMMORROWS WORLD " program

but i also remember seeing a llt of other things that they claimed were going to be " the next big thing "

Oi kieran prenderville , where is my hover car
?????????????

it is very easy to take all claims made by inventors / promotors @ face value - and then blame the failure to deliver on som " evil goverment conspiracy "

when in fact , it is the inventor / and or the failures of the product that are to blame for its disaperance from view

dont believe me ? , well if you are in the UK did you see some of the " dragons den " entries ?? every one believed they were the nest " big thing " - but some were literally laughed off stage

its not always a conspiracy

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I remember this from when it all happened. I remember thinking at the time that this guy was interested in early plastics and was experimenting with them. Then I thought what chemicals are common with the beauty industry and early plastics, err, formaldehyde used in Bakelite. Starlight... Bakelite... I wonder!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I know this is an old thread but I hope this post gets noticed.

I just found this site with some interesting information on STARLITE, history and updates, including one from January this year.

Link to article

This has to be something that is being used secretly by governments or miltary, it has far too many valuable uses for it to be just forgotten about!

Anyhow I'm not a scientist or anything, just thought it was such an amazing invention that I had never heard of. I knew there would be interest on ATS of course

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Has anyone done a Freedom of Information Act request from NASA or other Government agencies on Starlite? What would pop up? a mess of blackstriked memos and research papers? FBI files? There has to be something there.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
FOI wouldn't apply to something this new. It would(if it exists) probably still be highly top secret and wouldn't be release because of national security reasons.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Strange that the website www.starlitetechnologies.com... gives a Hartlepool phone number at the bottom of the page, the thing is, the phone number belongs to.............................Elite Trampoline Club, Mill House Raby Road Hartlepool Cleveland, 01429273557

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Starlite

itotd.com...

I wonder if and when this product surfaces. I remeber reading that Chobham armor had been in development for some time when it was announced in the late 1980s. A research paper on this material was recently declassified and published that indicated the research behind Chobham dated back to the early 1960s....thats 15-20 years?

Mind you by that standard Starlite should have surfaced by now, atleast with Chobham, there was the cold war to restrict any publiction on its secrets.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

For anyone wanting to see this piece in action, it's totally real, and on youtube.

But... where has it been for so long?

Extra link: www.youtube.com...
If not working

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Lunar_Secrets]

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Lunar_Secrets]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Here's a radio interview with the inventor from April of this year.

www.stevenrinehart.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hi guys

Iḿ new on this site so 'wazzup'! I enjoyed reading all the articles on STARLITE plastic. Would like to contribute a bit because this is one filed that I worked in before. Fact is, I think STARLITE is a bit overated. Check out similar formulations on the patent sites. Especially look at stuff under the name of Cyril Glass - now that guy really knows his stuff! I spòke to him years before STARLITE became popular and he had similar formulations. However, he had patented them and was making good money. Hey! We all want the spondulas. I played around with similar formulas and they are pretty simple to reproduce e.g.

1) Most use a high temperature ceramic or volcanic glass material
2) Most have a product that will burn out e.g. corn starch, sawdust, etc so air holes are formed in the coating. This blankets off the heat and stops it burning.
3) Most have aluminium oxide or magnesium oxide + zinc oxide to stop the smoke.
4) Most have a very small amount of polymer i.e. water based or whatever, as an adhesion promoter
5) Some can convert heat into a differnt form of energy e.g. electrical or microwaves and then the heat is dissipated.

These technologies are pretty old stuff and we learned them when I was studying.
Got an idea! Letś corroborate on a new formula and patent it then we can sell it and enjoy the dosh! I am prepared to help in every way I can because (as I said before) this was my job for a while. I bet you we can make a new formula in 1 week that will be (almost as good) about equal with these others. What'd'ýa say guys, shall we show 'em?
Anyway, don't forget to check out Cyril Glass and do a bit of a search in the patent literature. The stuff is all out there! 'nuf said! mmmm (neanderthal for yep!)
Also, you could check out 'nanocomposites'! They are flavour of the month.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hi guys

I guess no-one has read my posting yet. Well, I forgot to mention that Starlite must also contain TiO2. That product has been found to be very good at repelling heat and stopping smoke. Maybe calcium titanium dioxide with small amount of borate would be even better!
It would be interesting to try some stuff with pcm (phase conjugate materials) in these types of formulas. THJey have a strange property. Hell, by adding barium to the TiO2 it would probably be made synthetically whilst it´s getting battered by the heat. Great thing about pcm materials is that they have piezo/pyro electric properties which basically means that the heat would be changed to electrical or mechanical energy. They also reflect back along the normal axis (which would explain why the laser was damaged when it tried to blast Starlite).
Hmmmm! Think I´ll go and test some theories in the lab.
I´ll let you know the results and we can all run to NASA with the formulas.
What´da´say? ASk them for a few spondulas?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I used to have all the videos from Troy Hurtubise. Can anyone tell me where the fire paste videos are on the internet? Seems like they have become Classified. Thanks in advance...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join