It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Iranian regime rally draws thousands to Paris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Anti-Iranian regime rally draws thousands to Paris

www.euronews.net

A rally organised by an Iranian exile group on the outskirts of Paris has drawn thousands of supporters from across Europe.

The National Council of Resistance of Iran says this was the biggest ever meeting of Iranians outside Iran, but there has been no independent estimate of numbers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Leader Maryam Rajavi called for the “creation of a new society, based on freedom and democracy”.

“We think that sanctions are good but they are not enough. The policy in Iran should rely on bringing about change by the Iranian people, and resistance. This is the message we would like to send to the Iranian community.” said Shahin Gobadi of the NCRI.

We all remember how the rallies of millions of people in Tehran and other Iranian cities were brutally crushed by the Iranian Revolutionary Guards. They can destroy a rally, they can steal an election, but they cannot destroy their people's desire for freedom. Yes, there are people who do support their government, but there are many more that don't. This is the biggest rally outside Iran in history with a total number of between 30,000 and 100,000 people taking part.

Although the US and Israel want the Iranian regime removed for very different reasons than the majority of the Iranian people, I certainly hope that their lives will be better after the destructive war is over. No, I don't want war, but it's coming inevitably and hoping for their lives to improve is all we can do.

With its vast oil and gas reserves, it could easily rival Saudi-Arabia in terms of oil production and could easily become a regional superpower within decades. Iran could be a thriving and prosperous nation but as a result of this conservative and dictatorial regime, the people of Iran are trapped in isolation. Whether you agree with the West's policy on Iran or not (I don't), the Iranian regime should have known better. If you fight TPTB, you lose.

Either way, freedom will eventually prevail and the days of strict Islamic rule are coming to an end.

www.euronews.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The war is being prepared. Now all the US need is a false flag.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Only 30000 people even with European politicians getting involved, and tell us what the name of the group is, and how this group is regarded as terror organization even by the US./

Extra information needed/

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Funny how these guys hold protests at the times the u.s and isreal bang the war drums.. Otherwise they hide under their rocks.. More like the C.I.A in action trying to stir up anti-iranian sentiment in order for the u.s and isreal to butcher more people..

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Rallies in France are a dime a dozen. Nice to see them dressed up like they really care, but I have no idea about the rest.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If this Iranian exile group really loved their country and it's people they would not be happy about sanctions. It's already been made abundantly clear that these will not harm the Revolutionary Guards Corps, but more the average Joe. Sanctions as we all know are just a way to softening up a target.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Only seems to me they changed the green for the purple. Same intentions.

Wait and see, situation worsen every week. But we live with that for years and expect a war to break up anytime since since the Lebanon war in 2006 at least.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It´s good to see people gather in opposition of tyranny.

It's horrible to see the pacification of a majority and derailment of mentally stressed and passionate people.

This is nothing new, 10 years ago people did this with the same banners and chants, but then it happened on a massive scale across several European capitals, drawing more than tens of thousands collectively. They tricked passionate young men and women from Europe into joining their "cause" and led some distressed Iranians to their deaths, others to refugee camps in Iraq, practically never to be heard from again. The news coverage was so-so but now Iran is more in the spotlights, globally speaking.

It was only a matter of time before these people showed up again. Hyping up the Iranians outside Iran against the Islamic republic. The so called leaders on the banners are shady to say the least. Their whole operation screams deflection to me...Do they even know what the sanctions are doing to their fellow Iranians in Iran?

Once again, their perk for organizing and rallying up people are very interesting. Seems like some group could benefit from some extra anti-ir.Iran sentiment right around these times.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
pakalert.wordpress.com...

It's always depressing to see that so many people are politically-ignorant enough to fall for this petty propaganda.

They can destroy a rally, they can steal an election, but they cannot destroy their people's desire for freedom. Yes, there are people who do support their government, but there are many more that don't.

Do you have ANY evidence that the Iranian elections were rigged, besides hearsay from his opponents? No. Then why lie, and say there are many more who don't support him, than there are that do support him? He won by a considerable amount in fact. Can you think about when you started becoming terrified of Iran? Perhaps it was around the time when Iran (along with Iraq and Venezuela) began breaking away from trading Petrol Dollars in US denomination, and switching it out for Euros? I bet it is.

Did you not know that the CIA is actively subverting the Iranian regime? You have to stop relying on the media for your opinions regarding the Middle East! Please use more critical thinking on these matters.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Oh and by the way, did you know that the main opposition to Ahmadinejad - Mir Hossein Mousavi - has ties to the CIA and bigtime Saudi Arabian oil cartels? So go ahead, wish away for your "new democratic Iran".

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
pakalert.wordpress.com...

It's always depressing to see that so many people are weak-minded enough to fall for this petty propaganda.

They can destroy a rally, they can steal an election, but they cannot destroy their people's desire for freedom. Yes, there are people who do support their government, but there are many more that don't.

Do you have ANY evidence that the Iranian elections were rigged, besides hearsay from his opponents? No. Then why lie, and say there are many more who don't support him, than there are that do support him? He won by a considerable amount in fact. Can you think about when you started becoming terrified of Iran? Perhaps it was around the time when Iran (along with Iraq and Venezuela) began breaking away from trading Petrol Dollars in US denomination, and switching it out for Euros? I bet it is.

Did you not know that the CIA is actively subverting the Iranian regime? You have to stop relying on the media for your opinions regarding the Middle East! Please use more critical thinking on these matters.

Perhaps you should begin by reading my signature and you will find out I'm well aware of Dollar hegemony and the connection to the ''axis of evil''.

You are telling me that I should not pay too much attention to MSM. Being on this site for years, I don't need you to tell me that. I know there are some die-hard conspiracy theorists on this site with a deep hate of the the West. In their little world, the West is behind everything and although I don't deny that intelligence agencies have stirred up the revolution in Iran, they were not the instigators. Don't tell me you are under the impression that millions of Iranians who took part in the demonstrations acted as mere puppets for the CIA. They were instigated, not by the CIA, but by the Republic's hard rule. The CIA merely took advantage of that fact.

Now I'm gonna ask you this, do you have any evidence that they did not steal the elections? I have a friend living in Tehran and I've visited him once. Have you ever been there? If you would, you would know that the horrible stories that you see in the MSM are not all lies.

But hey, it's more convenient to believe that TPTB are all evil while the holy regime of Iran is all good, but continue idealizing Iran as you like. I'm not weak-minded, you are - like all those others who see this as black and white as you do.

Sad that your logic goes no further than: West = bad and Iran = good.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That colour is poping up everywhere,
even our townhall has changed to shining this color at night up and out onto the local townhall flag nnd tower.its ominous and EIRE.
I reckon its a free masonic color and signifies there take over ,all places shineing this light are already loyal to the cause of NWO,
I think its sumit to do with Melquizedec ,and them putting them selves above jesus .
Just watch for buildings and places and this color

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Removed from the terrorist list , either they are or they aren't .Taken off the list because they are promoting the western cause . This stinks , the timing is hard to swallow . If they are pro their homeland they should be protesting the sanctions on their fellow brethren .

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Look at all the identical flags, balloons, umbrella's (I think they are) - all this stuff is manufactured - how much did it all cost? Who paid for it?

This is not a bunch of Iranians getting together to demonstrate - this is a bunch of well paid politically supported professional demonstrators - I doubt there were more than a handful of real Iranians in the group - this is pure rubbish.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

gone from Green to purple, way to show solidality

the drums of war are beating and we get this perfect show of force by all these people against Irans leaders, hasnt the US already screwed up once by trying to put a puppet in Iran?

if war happens, do these people who think these reformists will just go along with it and support the attacks led by Israel and its bitch the US?

these arent arabs , these people will stand by their country if an attack is made,

also MDV you say these people are put in isolation and so forth, at the end of the Day its the people of Iran who put the clerics and so on in power after overthrowing the puppets, the country didnt ask for isolation but that was one of many prices it had to pay for not bowing down to the US and its allies.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
One has to consider why these people left Iran. Why they did not stay to change things from within. I agree that it's very well organized. And that they do conveniently appear when Israel and the US bang the oil drums...but the reason here may also be that this is when it will draw the most attention.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

you have expats from all countries which leave their native land,
you see english people leave england and they bitch about england from Spain or some other country, you have american service men who run off to seak asylem in canada, list goes on, they dont like the system but dont do anything but complain.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
CIA?

"The National Council of Resistance of Iran" sponsored the rally.. composed of 5 groups, the largest being "The People's Mujahedin of Iran".. who just happen to be supported by none other than the CIA.

This wreaks of being a planted propaganda turd, excreted from a phony scripted event.

en.wikipedia.org...

The PBS documentary series "Frontline", reported, in October 2007, CIA supports Anti-Iranian organizations such as the People's Mujahedin of Iran (also known as the MEK or MKO) which has been involved in terrorist activities within Iran

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Understand this well, most if not all the demonstrators are Iranian people.

You see what they do is send activists to wherever groups of Iranian people live and tell them they are organizing a demonstration against the islamic regime in Iran. They show all these horrible pictures of people killed by the regime to get the people hyped up. So the people you see are protesting against the murderous actions of the regime in Iran.

Yet somehow, they get to hold pictures of CIA paid politicians(these get passed around like crazy), so that said politicians become the so called face of the movement. When this happens all the people who came to protest against the murder of innocents, become political and media pawns.

The organizers take care of all the transportation for people from around Europe, passengercars and trucks are made available to transport Iranians from all over Europe to the city where the demonstration is being held. These demonstrations are organized so quickly and efficiently, drinks, food, places to sleep are all taken care of within days. Impressive really.

new topics

top topics

join