It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle Class--Not the Rich or the Poor--Pay Majority of Federal Taxes, Says CBO Data

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Great catch L., S&F
Yeah, like many people are saying in this thread "what else is new, we knew that" while the media spins us around & around with how the poor rich (my oxymoron of the day) million/billionaires are paying for all the peons.
It's so freakin frustrating! Consumption tax is the way to go. IMO.

All that aside the real news here is that CBO released the info.

Middle-class households that earned between $34,300 and $141,900 paid 50.5 percent of all federal tax revenues in 2007

PS. When I read something posted from Marg on the financial side of things, I know she'll have some good insight.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

Thanks, that was very nice for you to say, after all most of the information I gather is posted also in the Market data thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Great insights from both you and 5. Thanks.

After it's gone what indeed? We become other countries where there are only the disgustingly rich and the very poor, and all these issues will no longer matter?

Maybe one day China and India will come and build some schools here for the poor, impoverished American children. That was irony, though, because we all know that they're just being used and fooled for a short time. Just like we were.

I also follow your thread...don't always understand if but it still helps. Thank you.

<< 1   >>

join