It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to convene communist party delegates, select new political leader

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

North Korea to convene communist party delegates, select new political leader

rawstory.com

North Korea's ruling communist party will convene a rare meeting of key party delegates in September to elect new leaders, Pyongyang's official media reported Saturday.

It will be only the third such meeting of the ruling Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) since the communist state was founded in 1948 and will probably designate leader Kim Jong-Il's son as his political heir, analysts said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/27/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I wonder how will Kim react to this move ? I have herd mention on more then one occasion that Kim Jong ill's son is not favored to replace his father by the people that matter in N.K .

Given this and keeping in mind how easily Kimmy get mad I really have to wonder if this sinking of the South Korean ship is in any way related to this potential power struggle .

Either way, I would be willing to bet that once this conference in NK picks there next in line to lead we will see Kimmy boy get sick and die .

If this does happen just what can we expect as a replacement ?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Kim will fall, just like all the bad people. There will be a good new world order. Goes in line with possible ET event.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
geez ur were posting yours as I was doing mine

how do I delete my thread??

sorry for the double thread

[edit on 27-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
So it's true,Kim is a caring father after all, speeding up the process all for his darling little boy to take the reins.And i thought he was some diabolical madman hell bent on bringing the world to their knees.Looks like we have been propaganised again.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
They just had a 'rare meeting' this last couple of weeks for the same thing.
I wonder what's up.

Let me see if I can find the link - I have it in my favorites somewhere...

Edit to Add:

Here ya go:

A South Korean security official said, "It's possible that there'll be a massive restructuring in the North." Pyongyang has already announced an extraordinary session of the Supreme People's Assembly on June 7.

N.Korean Eminence Grise Dead in Mysterious Circumstances

So either the restructuring on the 7th was for underlings only, or, it didn't go well? We didn't hear much after the 7th so it's still a mystery...

peace

[edit on 27-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

people that matter in N.K .

First time I have heard someone say people actually matter.

But then you put the "that" in there which killed my enthusiasm ..

The leader ship will have to change sooner or later, you can't have Kim as a leader for ever, and I suspect N-Korea is not a Monarchy therefore the son will not ultimately be the next leader etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Singapore is not a Monarchy either but look at the rulers there....

Same family for how long????

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

Singapore is not a Monarchy either but look at the rulers there....

Same family for how long????

If it turns in to a culture, then it is a Monarchy.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Like to explain that reasoning to me ???

They have stayed in power because in Singapore the opposition is not a PAID party...

Then they call elections with only a few weeks notice...

Most of the family are in High Ranking Goverment positions....

Thats my definition of a dictatorship...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The lunacy that is North Korea continues...

BTW, wouldn't want to be any one of the members of the NK football/soccer team after that 7-0 drubbing at the hands of Portugal.

But then maybe Kim III will be more benevolent...um, probably not.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

You know what's weird. One of Saddam son's were in charge of the Iraqi soccer team and after they lost missilery they were whipped. That's what I heard a while back.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

Like to explain that reasoning to me ???

They have stayed in power because in Singapore the opposition is not a PAID party...

Then they call elections with only a few weeks notice...

Most of the family are in High Ranking Goverment positions....

Thats my definition of a dictatorship...

Dictatorship exists in every system, including Democracy.

Obama will dictate America for 4 years, then previously Bush etc./

What do I mean in regards to its conversion to culture?

I mean if a system chooses its leaders based on high ranking elites of the country, and those elites gain a culture of choosing from one family, it becomes a Monarchy, because culture turns in to law.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

You know, I think I'm on your side...

Its just that places like the US have to atleast be seen to be democratic, whereas places like Singapore are just starting to wake up to what is happening..

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

N.Korea open to talks with Seoul over sunken ship

What's with this sudden change with the North? Maybe their current GREAT LEADER is already DEAD and we just haven't heard about it yet.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Interesting.

May Kimmy is going to hit the bucket soon and his son has a bit less "radical" ideas than he does?

Perhaps NK will turn into a peace loving, open nation once the powers change up a bit.

Probably not, but it's nice to hope.

In any case, if Kimmy is still calling the shots, he might want to go out with a bang, he's crazy like that.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Pfft, they're probably just going to assemble in order to proclaim Kim Jong-Il the "Super Duper Supreme Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea". It's been a whole year since another empty title was placed upon his empty head, they're obviously falling behind on impressing the pants off of all us Imperialistic war mongers.

... though to be honest, if that's what his new title would be I honestly would be impressed. I mean, how many people in the world can truly be addressed as "Super Duper Supreme Leader"? Even that would go to my head, too.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by ArchAngel_X]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I had a similar though as you when I started to read this thread. I thought that maybe the higher ups in North Korea are setting up this meeting because they've realized the Kim is just a few bricks short of a load and they're going to try and usurp his families power.

Maybe the leaders of North Korea's communist party realize that they only way they'll really be able to stay in some position of authority is if they loosen things up a little bit and make North Korea a bit more like a normal country.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The use of "car accidents" as covers for political assassinations in North Korea is well documented. This is a trademark the Kim family has found to be expedient as most North Koreans are aware that vehicle traffic is sparse in Pyongyang and nearly non-existent anywhere else. Therefore it is normally simple to deduce that the high number of politicians who have died in car accidents have been "publicly" removed.

The offer to enter direct talks with South Korea is also not entirely novel. Notice the stipulation that the UN Command be dismantled; this is SOP in the DPRK. Extend the olive branch for propaganda purposes and simultaneously sabotage the effort with outrageous demands. No government is going to allow an opponent to dig up its military technology freely, and multilateral talks are insisted upon by other parties such as China. This was no a legitimate offer but is the typical forked ruse.

When we do bite on these kinds of offers, and we have in the past, North Korea never holds up their end. They are just trying to see what they can get for free.

Do not forget this weeks closure of the seas west of N Korea. This is a signal normally associated with missile testing and is NOT friendly.

As a side note, anyone who thinks the USA is a democracy or a dictatorship has not been studying. It is a republic, with purposeful separation of Executive and Legislative powers, and a conscious systematic protection against populism. It is of course more than that, but anyone who thinks the same "powers" that backed a neo-conservative republican administration with a fervent christian president ended up empowering a black president seeking universal healthcare and financial sector restraints is stretching the limits of reason.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I believe if America stopped the war against N-Korea they wouldn't have to be so secretive, the rest of the accusations against N-Korea are merely based on assumption.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join