It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How-to guide|> embed videos?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I've tried and failed on numerous occasions. Will somebody please provide an idiot's guide to me on how to embed videos and pictures on ATS?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

while viewing a youtube video while on youtube's site (not embedded somewhere) if you click the "share" button you will be given a url like this

youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7ClM

what you want to do is copy everything AFTER the = sign, then on your ats thread, click the "youtube video" button and paste that code you just copied, and boom your done.

if you want to embed a photo, click the "members tools" button in the menu bar at the top of this page, then from that pop down list, click "my pictures" if you haven't made an account or logged in before you will have to do that.

after you have logged in, its sometimes easier to just completely close that page (you're logged in untill you clear your browser history and such)

simply go back to this page (or any page with the member tools pull down window) and click "my pictures" again.

since your logged in now (or if you were logged in the first place) you will see your picture homepage, there will be a button towards the top of the page on the right that says upload photo, follow the steps threw there, then when you are done, click on the picture you just uploaded (when you finished uploading it will take you to a page automatically where you can click the photo you have just uploaded) under your photo you will see 3 different slots with text you can highlight, copy the text from the bottom slot, then paste that copied code into your thread. boom your done.

sorry if that was a little confusing.

[edit on 6/27/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Excellent!
Thank you very much!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This will help for embedding pictures: ATS Media Guide - upload pics, embed pics, manage albums, avatar & sig, mini-profile backgrounds

To embed YouTube videos, pretty much follow the instructions Alaskan Man gave. Copy the text after = sign.

youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7ClM

So you would use: 2AAa0gd7ClM

When you're making a post, you'll see a bunch of buttons above the text area where you type up your post. Click on the button on the far right. This one:

You'll then be asked to enter the YouTube video number. Simply paste 2AAa0gd7ClM into the input box and hit OK. Your YouTube video should now appear in your post.

[edit on 27/6/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Thank you.

Now that I have the means and ability, I just need to find a video to correspond with any threads I post in...

Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Is there any way to embed Wordpress videos?

or other video sources other than google and youtube?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

No. Not at this point. You can however upload said video to your Media@ATS and embed it from there.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have done everything x10 that i have been instructed to do to embed video from youtube. I even swithched my browser from firefox to IE8 because youtube changed their embed code and it doesn't support firefox 3.6.

I still can NOT get the video to embed!!! by simply following Alaskans instructions.

I get a black video box with blue youtube link. No video!!

Something must be wrong with settings. CAN Anybody here help!
I have java turned on and adobe flash installed! OS is Windows 7

Have embedded vids. before here without problem, so i really don't know what is going on.

Thank you so much!

Pax

[edit on 4-7-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Is this the video you're trying to embed?

If yes, here's the code for embedding it:

[yvid]hb2Dnph9sI0[/yvid]

Don't use the "embed" button on youtube, just look at the url for the video and copy the alphanumeric string after the = sign. Then to post on ATS you can either use the "YouTube VIDEO" button on the post entry page and paste that string into the form that pops up (make sure there are no spaces before or after the string) or just type in the [yvid][/yvid] tags yourself and paste the string between the tags.

edit once to make it work and twice for further explanation.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thank you i got it!!!!!!! Thank goodness that was one i was trying to embed before but not anymore!

Thank you American!!!

Pax

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
test...

edit on 16-10-2010 by JWash because: (to test if I'm able to upload YT vids.)

edit on 16-10-2010 by JWash because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2010 by JWash because: (no reason given)

top topics

join