It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**WARNING** A 100% Fix for the oil rupture!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

That's a rich analogy!! I can't relate to problems of that nature though!!

Star for the chuckle... lolol

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Telling you guys a spherical soundwave filter.

It's a collection area and can double as a plug if you had a tube to the surface.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticulan
we could use a nuclear-powered supercarrier ... a bit overkill to some.
it was only US$6.2 billion so I say go for it

it would probably it would leak at some point.

we should take the planes off first

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

The USS RR is nuclear powered, but that has nothing to do with covering a well head. Only problem to this 8 year olds solution would be gutting the USS RR out to make it a "husk".

[edit on 27-6-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

Thank you for the first reply that made any sense towards this thread even if it plays down on the idea. The fact your able to type out what is most important on this debate is what I am looking for. I do have to argue about it tho. If there was no leak to begin with, the well head itself filters the natural gas from the oil. The Hydro Meth would stick to the sides long before it could reach the top. The seabed is not all MUD. It has rock. There is nothing keeping anchors from keeping the USS RR stationary upright being the oil that's in it will only add to it's weight.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

Plus sinking and maneuvering it would be difficult.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Don't forget that this rupture is not only at the sea floor. The pipes that extend belowt he main oil well head goes 20,000FT more under the sea floor and it is also leaking up the sides of the piping from 20k ft below.[hence the videos you see of oil coming out of the sea bed]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SneakAPeek
maybe your misunderstanding the thread. Think of putting a condom on thats too big over your penis. Same damn concept, except on the tip of that condom there is a hose to suck the sperm out [or oil] to oil tankers above. The closest thing I seen to this kind of suggestion was putting a Pyramid over the well head.

This is exactly what they tried to do with the first cofferdam top hat. It was 100 tons and failed.
You know that buildup that made BP remove the top hat a few days ago? Now, imagine that in a 500 ton battle cruiser.

We won't even get into the stability of the sea floor at the source of the leak.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by xEphon]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

The oil reservoir could be classified as it's own sedimentary line.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
That's brilliant!

And, two birds with one stone, we could also get rid of the last traces of Reagan (sowwy, just had to do it).

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Sorry. But you should show me how much the Top-Kill pieces weighed because I heard, and read, that it was only 20 Tons. [Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see]. I was taught that in home schooling.

I mean. Jeez. A Metal Box, maybe the size of a school bus.. at 100 Tons? Don't think so.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by xEphon

Sorry. But you should show me how much the Top-Kill pieces weighed because I heard, and read, that it was only 20 Tons. [Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see]. I was taught that in home schooling.

I mean. Jeez. A Metal Box, maybe the size of a school bus.. at 100 Tons? Don't think so.

Journal of Commerce

A four-story, 100-ton containment dome, or cofferdam, arrived at the oil spill site in the Gulf of Mexico Thursday, and by Friday afternoon crews had lowered it to within 200 feet of the ocean floor...

If you still want to believe that this will work all the more power to ya. I have nothing else to say about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Thank you for showing me that the Top-Kill device did indeed weigh 100 tons. But the fact they aren't doing ANYTHING more is MORE reason to trying something this simple and lame, even if it was a submarine husk, it would still out-weigh the Top-Kill device

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
WHERE is phage when you need him. He's excellent at animations. He could make what I typed in my OP look like 8 year old child's play but still make complete sense. Edit: being I wasn't able to.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
In order to make the husk sink evenly, it's going to need quite a few holes in it to prevent air pockets. Any air pockets would cause the ship to sink at an angle, making placement difficult. In order to get it to sink vertically, so it lands on the pipe correctly, it'll have to look like a colandar. This wouldn't capture much oil. A quick experiment in the kitchen using a sink of water, small jar of sunflower oil and a colandar pretty much confirmed my theory.

If sinking ships onto the pipe was a feasible option, they would have done it by now. After all, it would be a much cheaper solution than everything they are trying now.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
How about a submarine cut in half with wedges to stick down into the sea floor?
I can't even draw with a pencil. It's an eye sore, I know.
First pic to embed...I hope the pic is worth a thousand words while explaining the concept. Eh? I can't see the pic in preview!!!

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on (6/27/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

maybe your misunderstanding the thread. Think of putting a condom on thats too big over your penis. Same damn concept, except on the tip of that condom there is a hose to suck the sperm out [or oil] to oil tankers above. The closest thing I seen to this kind of suggestion was putting a Pyramid over the well head.

wow holy # dude. just wow.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticulan
we could use a nuclear-powered supercarrier ... a bit overkill to some.
it was only US$6.2 billion so I say go for it

it would probably it would leak at some point.

we should take the planes off first

The USS RR is nuclear powered, but that has nothing to do with covering a well head. Only problem to this 8 year olds solution would be gutting the USS RR out to make it a "husk".

yeah, gee zeta get with the program. the fact that the sub is nuclear powered isn't even relevant. it's all about your basic general subbyness and not the whole atomic smashing thing.

you'd think all of this would've been cleared up with the condom illustration. i wonder if they could demonstrate that on the news for us.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by IvanObanion]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanObanion

oil condoms have been tried in the past
however the oil acts as a heavy lubricant.

they were eventually phased out.
many were injured as a result of them
being ejected off

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Lets say we sink an air craft carrier on the leak. Now we have a air craft carrier that is heavier that it is filled with water. Then it does not work. So not only do we have to fix the leak still now he have to raise the titanic.

I don't see this working imo

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Way to take one for the Gipper! I think it could work....

They hollow ships out when they decommission them don't they? I remember seeing a bunch in a ship graveyard on the Potomac, and a man told me they were hollowed out. I don't think they'd be useful though. They weren't as large as this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join