It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**WARNING** A 100% Fix for the oil rupture!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I found this, Compiled by a 8 year old. Posted on a friends face book..

img411.imageshack.us...

I could see this working. It's 200X times bigger then the BULL# used called Top-Hat. Even if it was cut in half, thats still 100x bigger. Why not use this method, with a small hole on the bow that something the size of the TOp-Kill efforts could fit on and syphon 100% on the oil. Something this big and something this heavy [500 tons] would sink into the seabed around the rupture and allow the oil to be funneled to a oil tanker above. Go figure. BP would rather stick to something that cost's 20 Million to make with a 30% success rate apposed to something that can guarantee 95%.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Heres my own pasting job to show what the concept is. This is of placing the USS with a cut off end on top of the rupture.

Edit: Now that I think of it a submarine husk would work just as good.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm going to go with my gut and say I don't think that'll work...and why does your subject say **WARNING**?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
this may work or it may not, but the real question is can his dad beat up my dad. and do i or do i not have a dollar in my pocket?

i don't see why we should waste an aircraft carrier though. if we're looking for useless superdense objects to clog a whole why not just saran wrap this year's public school graduates together and chuck 'em on down.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
What is the grief about? You 2 spies or what? Your telling me 100,000 PSI can lift a 500 Tons piece of metal off of the oil well head? Don't think so.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SneakAPeek

I could see this working.

1st you state it's a 100% fix then use the word "could".

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

I could see this working.

1st you state it's a 100% fix then use the word "could".

Well being it's from a 8 year old. Yes. If I had the knowledge to use photoshop in a manner to present this post in a adult fashion you may understand it more, But I don't.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Maybe this will help. The USS Ronald Reagan is taller then the Empire State Building.

Sorry I don't present a bunch of technical terms that you learned while in the main steam schools of brainwashing. Use your imagination with this one. A hollowed out husk of a damn Hummer is bigger then the Top-Kill Devices.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
well i think the oil would just come out of the ground somewhere else. possibly near the edge of the ship?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

What is the grief about? You 2 spies or what? Your telling me 100,000 PSI can lift a 500 Tons piece of metal off of the oil well head? Don't think so.

And what do you expect to lift that 500 ton piece oh junk and place it accurately over the BOP?

I applaud efforts of trying to come up with a solution, but it's gotten to a ridiculous point now. No offense to the OP. Just tired of everyone and their invisible engineering degrees.

As it stands right now with the well casing compromised, the best option is what they are doing now. They can't restrict flow or it expounds the problem. Even the secondary pressure created from piping 100% of the oil to the surface has dire consequences. That's why they aren't capturing it all.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanObanion

Yeah, it would. But only if there was nothing at the top of the ships husk to suction the oil out to tankers above.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Simple. The Rigs used to drill this damn oil reservoir are heavier. Use that kid of Oil Rig to lower the ship, or use the ships that brought the oil rigs assembly parts to lower the ship. Don't forget that the oil rig had metal legs that extended to the sea floor to keep it stable, along with some gas's in it's hulls to keep it afloat.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Well, the first top hat they tried was significantly larger but it failed. So, imagine that failure x100.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Can you prove to me the first Top Kill piece was over 500 tons in weight?

Edit: Did you even look at the image in the First post the 8 year old did? Guess not with comments like that.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

The weight is irrelevant to why it failed.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Right. It's irrelevant that the Top-Kills failed because they were only used to make a SEAL. I would call this 8 year olds working a Over-Kill.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Actually, conceptually, and as far as it does and doesn't go, it's an idea that shows some creative thinking about what we have "laying about" and the "problem at hand." Unfortunately, and no disrespect to the eight year old, it would not work.

Gas is as much of a problem as the oil, and when you are talking *containment* under the water, gas actually plays a *greater* role than the oil. Secondly, there are the frozen hydrates. HUGE problem with this gusher. And thirdly, there is NO WAY we could maintain an object "on end" like that in the ocean's currents. I'm no expert, but I would imagine that a structure that tall would cross thermal layers.

Great thinking though! Unfortunately, we are not dealing with just *one* problem that would be cured by *one* solution, no matter how eloquent.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

reply to post by xEphon

Right. It's irrelevant that the Top-Kills failed because they were only used to make a SEAL. I would call this 8 year olds working a Over-Kill.

Please refer to Geeky_Bubbe's response for why this would not work.
It's the exact same reason why the previous top hat failed and what I was alluding to.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
maybe your misunderstanding the thread. Think of putting a condom on thats too big over your penis. Same damn concept, except on the tip of that condom there is a hose to suck the sperm out [or oil] to oil tankers above. The closest thing I seen to this kind of suggestion was putting a Pyramid over the well head.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
we could use a nuclear-powered supercarrier ... a bit overkill to some.
it was only US$6.2 billion so I say go for it

it would probably it would leak at some point.

we should take the planes off first

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join