It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light, not moving, information sequence of observation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Light may not be moving. The light may look like it is moving due to the change in sequence of information. If information is contained within itself and holographic, then the light always exist, the information within the observable human experience of light may be changing due to the sequence of observation.

I don't know if that makes sense but i am working on understanding it better. Mybe someone elses input can help me rehash what i am theorizing so i can better explain it to myself and you.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hmm, how interesting!

You say light simply always was, and it only appears to be moving because of change in information.

How does this apply with, say, when you turn a light on, like a lamp? Was the light simply always there, but not visible? I do not see how light cannot be visible since that is it's main characteristic.

I would like to hear more of your ideas!

Thank you for the thread.

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

Yes, exactly. Please take this further and add more.

I will be back in 20 minutes to comment.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Lets say that change in information is due to evolution of observation through experience.

I will ad more to these topics as it comes to me.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hmm! You post a very interesting statement! I will try to analyze it for myself!

"The change in information is due to evolution of observation through experience."

The change in information: This would be when something changes to something else, be it added information, loss of information, or the information simply changing organization.

Is due to evolution of observation through experience: This would mean that the changing information is because an observation 'evolved'. By evolved, I am guessing you mean gained further information about the observation.

So, to sum it up, Information changes because we discover more things about any particular observation.

I have to slightly disagree with you here. I do not think that the information ever changes because we observe it further. I believe the information is always there, and we discover it bit by bit until we understand it fully.

Our observation does not effect the information being observed. Unless you want to get into the Double Split Experiment, but I am afraid I do not know much about the physics of that scenario to adequately discuss it!

As to what this has to do with light... Light is always there and contains all information, and an observer observing is the one who discovers more about it with time. I do not think so, for the above stated reason. Light is information in a sense, but we only discover it when it is 'visible' and comes to us. I do not think our observation affects the information within the light.

Very interesting thread, nevertheless.

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

So, to sum it up, Information changes because we discover more things about any particular observation. I have to slightly disagree with you here. I do not think that the information ever changes because we observe it further. I believe the information is always there, and we discover it bit by bit until we understand it fully.

I don't mean that the information is changing because the information is actually changing, it is more or less that the information is changing due to the experience of the information by the observer. Lets call it perspective. My perspective of the information changes so it acts as if the information is changing to the observer, kind of paradoxal.

It is more or less acting as a relationship for an ever evolving self. The information is alive but not describing the oberserver as subjective within terms of human experience. The information would exist alive objectively within itself as an infinite whole. I hope that makes sense.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

"My perspective of the information changes, so it acts as if the information is changing to the observer."

Interesting! Let me try to give an example so I can better understand this!

Let's use what your OP was about, light.

My perspective of information regarding a lamp is that there is no light coming from it. When the information changes, the light comes on, the information did indeed change for the observer, and my perspective changes.

I do not quite see how the information, the light, always existed however, as you stat in the opening post.

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Well, lets say that the light never actually stops existing. It is the information that is the record of human experience that is not actually changing itself, but more or less being observed different.

The light is not the information, the information is the experience of the light in an observable human format(illusion).

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Ah, this is getting quite confusing for me, hahah! I am very sorry if I do not understand your point. I will certainly try.

Light has never actually stopped existing?

Why is one unable to observe it during any given time, if it is there during EVERY given time?

Why does the mind choose to observe the ever existing light at one point rather than any other?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Yes I am confused too.

Interesting thoughts though, so I will wait for the OP to explain it further.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
from my experience light is energy. stare at a lamp and charge your eyes up so to speak.then take your focus and notice the little balls of energy that float or disapate. im trying to notice if they go back to the light source or are they going to something else...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by incthemedia
from my experience light is energy. stare at a lamp and charge your eyes up so to speak.then take your focus and notice the little balls of energy that float or disapate. im trying to notice if they go back to the light source or are they going to something else...

Ah! I think I understand where you are coming from now. I also believe you MAY be mistaken. What you are describing sounds a lot like an optical illusion.

Physiological illusions, such as the afterimages following bright lights, or adapting stimuli of excessively longer alternating patterns (contingent perceptual aftereffect), are presumed to be the effects on the eyes or brain of excessive stimulation of a specific type - brightness, tilt, color, movement, etc. The theory is that stimuli have individual dedicated neural paths in the early stages of visual processing, and that repetitive stimulation of only one or a few channels causes a physiological imbalance that alters perception.

Source

If this is not what you are experiencing, please explain further, if you can!

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

This is definitely turned into a good discussion. I see what your getting at Onequestion, I think
, but like Hitotsumami said in his second post, I would think light (photons) must travel from point A (source or reflection) to point B (observer). Then again watching this video about the "Double Slit Experiment", like Hito mentioned, it does open up this discussion to whole new possibilities. Ones that I need to think about and study much further.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The contactee Wilbur Smith, canadian researcher, and electrical engineer,
has composed a book called the new science.This was written with the collaboration of an alien entity named AFFA.
Available free on the internet, it may have some bearing on this discussion....
It is my understanding that the aliens also have come to the conclusion that light does not "travel".

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Light has never actually stopped existing? Why is one unable to observe it during any given time, if it is there during EVERY given time?

Its not that we stop observing it, because where light exists it can never not exist. It is an observable change in our human experience of light.

Lets say that light isn't always a visually experienced.

How does a blind person experience light?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Light has never actually stopped existing? Why is one unable to observe it during any given time, if it is there during EVERY given time?

Its not that we stop observing it, because where light exists it can never not exist. It is an observable change in our human experience of light.

Lets say that light isn't always a visually experienced.

How does a blind person experience light?

Thanks for responding!

Your explanation is "an observable change in our human experience of light."

I have a basic question. What determines what changes are experience? If light is always there and always existing, why does our mind only decide to change at one time as opposed to any other?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Polarized mind. It is the idea of polarity.

Let me take a break on this for a minute and see what happens.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I have a basic question. What determines what changes are experience? If light is always there and always existing, why does our mind only decide to change at one time as opposed to any other?

It comes down to the choice of the observer, when the observer makes a choice he is creating polarity and information exchange/change. The choice is a major factor depending on motivational forces, love/fear/judgement. Which in reality non of them are really tangible outside of the "mind".

This leads me to this question.

How do you explain the minds awareness to choice outside of physical human experience?

What does choice become outside of observable experience through terms of human finite experience? Is choice motion? Mybe this is where the meat of the issues is located.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
if light is energy then it would have to move?

I wonder what happens when light vibrates so slow that it does not move?

does darkness move?

new topics

top topics

join