It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Clock or just another Billionaire's Crackpot Boondoggle?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
If, in some future time, some spaceship comes out of the darkness, trying to find out if its owners race is alone in the universe, and we've gone and wiped ourselves out in the meantime, at least they'll know there was someone else out there.

In that future time, when the Earth looks like Mars does today, 'they' will send probes. They will explore every remnant of Earth's civilizations, and conceal it from the population. There will be crackpot nutcase conspiracy theorists who know that their leaders are lying to them, and there will be skeptics demanding proof.

Lets just hope that CNN, MSN, and FOX news are long gone by that future date.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MKULTRA

Too funny, Too real.
What gets me is that many here will see this as just a billionaires ego. [Which is probably right on the mark] Someday though in the future they will be considered almost godlike in status.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I still think it's a neat idea. For one thing, the inventor had the focus and passion to follow a dream, but didn't stop there. He found and secured funding to make that dream a reality.

Second, mankind has been in the "business" of building monuments of all types and for all reasons, since almost the beginning of our time. In the future, perhaps it will join the ranks of past architectural feats or scientific feats, perhaps not. But kudos for giving conceiving of the idea and making it happen.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Since I am under the impression that we are all facing a
possible global doomsday,a.k.a.,gulf oil spill.I am not a
bit surprised that some gazillionaire is wasting money on
a clock that may never be finished.

The wealthy fiddle while the rest of us burn! That's ok,it
is his money to waste!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

So you think that this will survive a massive world wide catastrophe and the next inheritors of the earth will marvel at this as we do the great pyramids?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join