It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Protests. What Have You Acomplished?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
To whom it may concern.

Police cruisers were set on fire. Store windows were broken. "Bomb the banks" was scrawled on walls. Stones were thrown through Starbucks coffee houses. People were arrested.

"Out streets!" - you scream at the top of your lungs.
"The world is watching!" - you chant…

What have you accomplished? What was your intent?

Did you want to send a message to our governments? Were you seeking justice?

Bloody imbeciles!

Who the hell is gonna pay for those cruisers?

You will!

WE will!

What have you accomplished by destroying them? Have you EVER heard of this thing called TAXES?

$1.5 billion dollars spent on security. That's taxpayer's money.

"Outrageous!" - you shout. Yes, it is outrageous… but you just proved to the whole world that it was money well spent. (Don't take the "fake lake" into account.)

Why did you brake those windows? Why did you spray paint those messages? What were you trying to say? That you're a degenerate [censored]? Oh, we knew that all right.

You're not supporting the cause, you're hurting it!

What happens to those people that have to earn their living but their place of employment had to be closed for repairs? What happens to store owners?

Who's gonna clean this mess up when you're done?

"Maybe these people were paid by the government to do the things they did" - you argue. Fair enough… doesn't make them any less retarded, does it? "Conspiracy!" - you shout.

Oh shut the hell up would you?!

Don't you think at least some of them were doing this JUST because they wanted to?

Yes, our system is flawed.
Yes, politicians are grossly overpaid.
Yes, they live in big houses and drive expensive cars while you live from paycheck to paycheck.
Yes, banks are run by individuals whose greed knows no bounds.
Yes, life is not fair… it's not just.
Yes, we are being lied to.
Yes, we are being used.

What you've done was NOT an act of INTELLIGENT REBELLION. It was stupid.

DO protest.
DO voice your opinion.

There's only ONE thing you've got to keep in mind. DO NOT hurt the cause. Support it.

When you act like an animal… you ought to be caged. You ought to be treated like one...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Obviously the OP has no idea how cathartic it can be to actually set fire to a police car......
This type of behavior is called acting out...
It definately does give most who know the situation some hope that one day well all have the jam to stand up and be counted.
What other avenues of protest have we left?
Any civilised behavior will be promptly ignored by TPTB.
The sad truth is most have already surrendered themselves to the graduated forms of slavery we are allowed to exist under.
The actions of these people effectively express the rage we all feel but are too cowardly to contemplate for our own selves.
The goverment has earned the hate and distain these people feel and its refreshing to see that there are some who refuse to be intimidated by it.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by XIIIth

And what have you acomplished? I imagine most of the violence was directed by agent provocateurs, I never used to believe in such things before I saw them for myself.

It's not hard for a few to make all the protestors look bad. You should be more concerned with the behavior of the those in power who allow the Police to behave in such a way

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by XIIIth

I imagine most of the violence was directed by agent provocateurs, I never used to believe in such things before I saw them for myself.

It's not hard for a few to make all the protestors look bad. You should be more concerned with the behavior of the those in power who allow the Police to behave in such a way

absolutely, star for you, and in case anyone questions the police use of agent provocateurs watch this video

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
damn right they have them running around
check out this video, the guy throws a bin at the window, and the cop doesnt even seem concerned.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Sianara]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The guard did nothing because he would have been mobbed. The banks had people there to report damage, not stop a mob hell bent on destruction. TBTB do not give a crap that my city was terrorized, yes, terrorized by a bunch of hooligans who's only goal was mayhem. If they were so concerned about any issues they wouldn't have spent the beginning of the march swarming around the different groups marching. The 2 groups leading the march were marching for reproductive rights and the other was a labour group---but the only reason I knew that was I was watching the march at the beginning, after the black bloc tactics were used, any message was muted.

These hooligans then went to change back into their civies in order to be able to continue the march and cause further destruction. A lot of those people downtown last night weren't even from T.O., regular protesters were trying to stop some of the destruction and eventual looting. My husband was working in the security zone and I was a mess all day wondering if he'd be able to get home okay, and not have to barricade himself in at work.

These people did not change the world, these people did not show TBTB their strength, all they did was piss off those of us who they claim they are trying to liberate.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
These sort of protests overshadow the rest of us "peaceful protestors". It is just plain disgusting! People will focus on the violence and destruction and not on their cause...I don't even think I know what they were protesting....

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

top topics

join