It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Wow, I wish I knew the ROV names better, but another ROV just caught a huge brown cloud of oil that took up the whole screen and that one is not on the ground. Wow. I wish I could do the screenshot thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
BOA Rov 2 is now scanning the seabed with lights off or dimmed??

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Here is a vid posted earlier that clearly shows what the “plumes” you circled are

Originally posted by StarTraveller

icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com...

And HOS ROV2 is back "plowing" again

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Mr Tranny]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

No that isn't what was being referred to. Your vid is prior to the total shut down of all 3 outlets, whilst the choke was being fixed! The plume shown in moriarty's first screen shot is happening NOW.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by ckitch]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Well the BOA DEEP C 2 settled for a minute and these black bubbles started to come from the sea floor. This is not dust, or plowing...these black dots are oil. I am not good with "making" gifs, so here is my fancy artwork.

They are not big bubbles...but look about pea to dime sized.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Could you do me a favor and post a link to where you are watching? Highly appreciated.

I must see this for myself

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
reply to post by ckitch

Could you do me a favor and post a link to where you are watching? Highly appreciated.

I must see this for myself

Here: BOA DEEP C 2 or all of the available feeds here in one page: Reality Check BP cams.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Whatever ROV is looking at the bottom of a white structure with a circular white thing on the bottom side keeps catching oil shooting up from below. The ROV has to keep moving away and coming back, but I've seen quite a bit several times.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'll bet BP keeps air-spraying dispersant for a long time.

That's the only way they can hide the oil leaking from the floor..

ETA - One other point - the two pipes stuck in the BOP had to come from below. Bigger pipe from up top does not fall down into smaller pipe below. But I'm no expert so grain o salt.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

That's the only way they can hide the oil leaking from the floor..

Even if it is leaking from the floor, they won't be able to hide it. One as shown in the screen shot I posted above, but will again here, the dispersant would give it away immediately if people notice it parked on the floor, spraying it where its no where near the well. Second, the oil would still be brown or black and the oil would not react with the dispersant immediately. The chemical make up of the oil would need to do what it does in order for it to sink.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
Whatever ROV is looking at the bottom of a white structure with a circular white thing on the bottom side keeps catching oil shooting up from below. The ROV has to keep moving away and coming back, but I've seen quite a bit several times.

That is the LMRP (lower main riser package) that is attached to the riser going to the Enterprise. That is why the Enterprise ROV 1 is looking at it. It was the one that was sitting above the riser cap that they used to capture oil earlier. It is covered in methane hydrates (From the billowing oil). Yesterday the ROV was literally using it’s arm as a hammer to break the hydrates off. They was planning to use it to connect to the top of the new ram stack if they couldn’t shut the well off.

They have been flushing it with antifreeze for the last couple days, trying to get they hydrates out of the system. Those clouds you see are coming out of the LMRP, not from below it.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
More oil on that ROV I was talking about. It had to move away again. The plumes that appear occasionally on that cam are pretty intense. The quality on that cam is pretty bad, but you can see that it obstructs the view of the objects behind it and that's when the ROV moves away.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Well no one bats a 1000 and the professor will admit when he's wrong, those 2 objects are not plumes is simply equipment, but better we have it documented then not. Now for those of you more etch savvy. What is the object enterprise 1 is watching? Not too long ago we had a big disturbance similar to the puffs being reported and then as you can see in the 2nd picture, whatever the object is something was shooting downward out of it not long after that puff.....

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yes! Moriarty, you are great with those screenshots, but Tranny says that they are intentionally blowing oil out of there to clear it out?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Yes! Moriarty, you are great with those screenshots, but Tranny says that they are intentionally blowing oil out of there to clear it out?

Yes I saw he replied as soon as I posted.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moriarty
Well no one bats a 1000 and the professor will admit when he's wrong, those 2 objects are not plumes is simply equipment, but better we have it documented then not. Now for those of you more etch savvy. What is the object enterprise 1 is watching? Not too long ago we had a big disturbance similar to the puffs being reported and then as you can see in the 2nd picture, whatever the object is something was shooting downward out of it not long after that puff.....

Look at my earlier reply. It's the LMRP that is covered in hydrates because it was sitting above the riser cap that was billowing methane and oil over the last several days.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
To be honest though, I wasn't sure if that was oil or not because of the bad quality of the video feed plus I'm looking at it on a smaller screen. When my interest was peaked, the oil didn't come from there. I wasn't sure if what I saw in your SS's was oil or not, so I didn't say anything. I don't think I was seeing the same thing when I spoke up. I could be wrong, but it sure seemed like it was coming from below at times.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Check out this site from that Matt Simmons thread. Look at the video. That pretty much proves that the sea floor is ruptured.

Those are the plumes we were talking about seeing on the sea floor.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

ETA - One other point - the two pipes stuck in the BOP had to come from below. Bigger pipe from up top does not fall down into smaller pipe below.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Skid Mark]

That makes sense. With all that pressure under it, you'd think that it would force it upward.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Skid Mark]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Check out this site from that Matt Simmons thread. Look at the video. That pretty much proves that the sea floor is ruptured.

Those are the plumes we were talking about seeing on the sea floor.

Wow to say the least...I don't know about anyone else, but that video creeped me out.

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join