It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

I have no idea what I'm seeing. All I know is that I was watching a static camera when suddenly the silt on the seafloor exploded. It started out white, then brown, then orange. Then the camera whent blank. If I knew what it was, I wouldn't be in this thread. I have family down there. The last thing I want is for the seafloor to errupt. I'm praying that the pressure holds and there are no erruptions.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
Nah, the crab I saw was motionless and tumbling end over end across the field of the camera. Crabs don't swim like that?

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of dead stuff floating around too.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
reply to post by Endure

I have no idea what I'm seeing. All I know is that I was watching a static camera when suddenly the silt on the seafloor exploded. It started out white, then brown, then orange. Then the camera whent blank. If I knew what it was, I wouldn't be in this thread. I have family down there. The last thing I want is for the seafloor to errupt. I'm praying that the pressure holds and there are no erruptions.

My kids go down there every summer to spend a month with the grandparents. They just left so I know what you are feeling... just keep in mind there are alot of ops still taking place, there will be alot of movement.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
anyone just see the boa deep c rov 2 like something exploded behind it holy monkey

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
the RVO on the top was travelling over the oil rig wreck and removed a cover and a hole load of pressure came flying out

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cronotrigger30

Its murky orange now with what looks to be globs of oil drifting around. What were you seeing right before you saw it explode.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

This may sound stupid but a cover to what from the old wreck. What is there that would cause an upward pressure?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Folks, each ROV has a number of "thrusters" that propel and steer in 3 dimensions. I'm pretty sure they also have station-keeping modes where the operator tells it it to "stay here" and the computer takes over operating the thrusters while the operator uses the manipulators.

Just because and ROV is stationary on the seafloor doesn't mean that one of its thrusters won't spin up and disturb the silt below. I know you believe you are seeing plumes and explosions, but is there any chance it's explainable some other way?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by cronotrigger30

Its murky orange now with what looks to be globs of oil drifting around. What were you seeing right before you saw it explode.

I believe it was this:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
yea pretty much that picture

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

What the 4ell are your qualifications?

Are you dis-info?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

Wow, if he's "dis-info" I must be a complete company shill !

I think some people are trying to stay level-headed and propose alternate reasonable explanations, instead of heading straight to "30 million dead".

[edit for typo]

[edit on 15-7-2010 by LookingIn]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

Did I ask you?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow, another explosion on the stationary camera.

I have seen where the thrusters disturb the silt on the bottom. It's white and doesn't "explode". It kinda drifts along the bottom in a calm sort of way. What I'm seeing are sudden, violent eruptions and plumes of orange/gray clouds that come out of nowhere and engulf the ROV and the plumes keep coming and keep the camera blind for minutes at a time. The ROV is sitting on the bottom, not hovering. Unless those things have jet engines on them, I doubt it's from the thrusters.

Also, the clouds either come from in front of or directly to the side of the POV. Wouldn't the plumes come from behind the ROV if it was from the thrusters?

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

Are you serious?

You let your kids go down there? Thats just more than I could ever do. What about the chemicals from the DISASTER?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by Endure

What the 4ell are your qualifications?

Are you dis-info?

Calling people you disagree with "dis-info" is pitiful and lazy and ignorant.

he makes reasonable points. argue them, not him.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

Nice bully attempt in that reply. Are you new here? That ain't gonna work.

No one here waits to be asked anything specifically, if someone has something to say they post, as it seems you do. Get used to it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

What about them?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Endure

Are you serious?

You let your kids go down there? Thats just more than I could ever do. What about the chemicals from the DISASTER?

Well it is the Tampa bay area, so they are out of danger from all but the most dire scenarios.

Edit to add that I would not let them visit had it been the LA/MS coast this year.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Endure]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Back up little man.

Quote me where I called him dis-info.

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join