It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Finally seeing a paned view of the pipe and oil flow, i see a pipe no cap and oil flowing freely from the pipe itself, this is on Skandi Rov2. Anyone else seeing this, i repeat i see no cap!! My eyes may be wrong, if so i apologies for causing alarm.

Hang on i think i see the cap now, i thought it was a part of the rov.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by troye2407]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The cap is still there buddy, its just venting like a venting thing from ventsville:

Just captured this from the feeds (Taken 1116 GMT 15/07/2010)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Thanks heaps StarTraveller, and thanks for not paying out my mistake!!

You guys in the gulf, the worlds with you, good luck, your gonna need it!!

Thanks for these updates StarTraveler, really helps a novice like me out!!
Will keep watching

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
They have just attached a new take off pipe to the well Cap.

As the pipe connector was attached (took them quite a while to get to this stage as it looked very turbulant down there:

Where it fits in the scheme of things, notice the ROV in the top left corner holding the yellow bracket.

Not sure what this does, I am assuming is for taking oil/gas from the cap itself.

ST

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The flow has changed from this morning and if I am nt mistaken it looks more 'Sulphur' based - perhaps!!

Taken Just now..

And this morning:

Not sure what's happening but this flow seems to change daily now

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The plume seems to have changed color again to a rusty red, not parts of it, the whole plume, so i don't think its the corexit, any ideas on the color change?

EDIT: Sorry this was just mentioned in Star's last thread, we must have been uploading at around the same time.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just put this in my thread thought you mite like it here.

Admiral Thad Allen Explains Progress Of BP’s Latest Attempt At Plugging The Gulf Leak Video in link.

Linkwww.mediaite.com...

Hope this helps you guy's here.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hello everyone, Professor is back. I heard the good admiral say they was looking for pressure in the 8,000-9,000 range. Seems the integrity test is showing somewhat lower than expected pressure.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Moriarty

Thats what i was thinking a member called HrdCorHillbilly put a picture like that in my thread and that pressure is low

Thanks for putting the pictures up.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
That first picture you posted is the same gauge I took a pic of. It says "OUTPUT" right above it. I noticed it dropping after the same ROV turned a valve just below that gauge. Cross your fingers folks, this could be bad.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HrdCorHillbilly

Not just yet wait till they close the one that's spewing oil first then see what the pressure is after that.

But thank's fof putting that picture in my thread.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hey guys, Its my first post. I have been here for a long time though lurking lol. Has the Skandi 1 Rov feed frozen for any of you?

The live feed for it has frozen for me but all the other feeds are still smooth.

NVM, Is working now but laggy.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by draxenth]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by draxenth

They do freeze from time to time - give it a while and check back.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

And after they close the one that is sprewing the pressure should go up, otherwise it would indicate a leak elsewhere, right?

Sorry for the question, its just that I feel with all the new info my brain is on overload lately. Reminds me of cramming for final exams!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Yea the first one sure looks sulphur based - or they have put so much dispersant down there earlier or on the other side (out of view) it gives it that color. If sulphur, what would cause that - where would that be coming from?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

If all is well with the well bore then yes the pressure should rise, they will monitor this in 6 hour increments to ensure all is well. If the pressure drops is is low 3000PSI> then this will indicate that its escaping else where and they will have to assess this before they can more forward.

Personally I think they are going to encounter problems when they shut the whole thing down, hope they don't but my gut feeling says this is going to get worse before it gets better.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Significant deposits of elemental sulphur also exist in salt domes along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico, although I have always associated sulphur with volcanic activity.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I am a little confused with some of this. So, the pressure right now should be 5,000 Psi higher than it is? I don't really know what I'm looking at as far as what the ROV's are doing, but the pressure is much lower than expected right now, is that right?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

The pressures shown on the dials are not for the well, they are for the hydraulics being used down there. The well readings will be wired up to the ships. I don't think its something we will see first hand.

We wont know the pressures just yet as they haven't closed anything off, only then will we know if its high or low.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Got it.

It seems like there's something that occasionally engulfs one of the oceaneering cams. Strange. I watched those cams for awhile last night and didn't notice anything like that. If that cam is not above the oil leak, where is it coming from? Now, they just shut that ROV camera off. Something is going on down there perhaps?

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join