It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Here you go.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Check this out..Still don't know how to upload a file!

www.helium.com...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by truther357]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well, it appears they've stopped testing the new cap AND stopped drilling the relief wells due to concerns over pressure build up.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by truther357
Check this out..Still don't know how to upload a file!

www.helium.com...

Page Not Available Mate

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Take a look at Skandi ROV1 - There seems to be a regular release of bubbles from the seabed!!?

Any comments?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Interesting...Hope I can get this right this time

www.helium.com...

Would love to hear what the experts say about this.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by truther357

Would this be a good idea a small nuclear device what about the methane and if there is damage beneath the sea floor what could happen

Very scary indeed.

Good find truther

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Isn't that Thad Allen? He doesn't look confident in what he is saying. Or maybe he just had a tiny bit too much to drink? I don't put alot of faith in him..as a retired Coast Guard, who frequently appears in full uniform, he strikes me as a paid talking head. But then I don't put a lot of stock in any of these people.

With this new cap we were told it might be stopped by *Monday*. On Monday we heard *48 hrs.* Now, after 48 hrs. we hear *48 hrs.* again. Everyday I get up, look, and feel let down. I can't imagine what the Gulf Coast residents are going through. Everyday I pray for them, and for all of us.

k

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
New Info:
Why BP is Readying a 'Super Weapon' to Avert Escalating Gulf Nightmare

www.salem-news.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The "Super Weapon" news is not really new.....
See this thread that's been running since yesterday:
Super Weapon Thread on ATS

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Re Thad Allen Vid - he appeared to me as though he had literally run in from somewhere and was trying to catch his breath pretty much through the whole speech! I think his adrenelin is pumping over time beacuse they are against the clock and yes, that would make him tense and possibly afraid of the Krachen that could be released if they've gotten this ALL wrong...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Are we at the point where it can be assumed that the new cap and rams idea has failed. I don't see any decrease in oil leak flow. I don't see any guages showing pressures. i don't see anything that looks like anything being closed or turned or anything.

Ok they got the new cap on, but it doesn't do anything.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Skando rov 1 is showing a sonar survey.... Can anyone on ATS decode this??

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
ocgmod1.marine.usf.edu...

Could there be a problem with the flow of water coming out the Mississippi canyon? Seems the water flow is pushing all the way down to South Florida in this forecast model. And when theres large currents rushing through the Mississippi Canyon it cause landslides in the canyon.

Heres a bottom forecast and I notice the red yellow just above the canyon the well is in?
ocgmod1.marine.usf.edu...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Are we at the point where it can be assumed that the new cap and rams idea has failed. I don't see any decrease in oil leak flow. I don't see any guages showing pressures. i don't see anything that looks like anything being closed or turned or anything.

Ok they got the new cap on, but it doesn't do anything.

You're just not understanding their procedure. They put it on but haven't closed it off yet due to 'checking their procedures'. Basically something spooked them so they haven't closed it off. The way they will close it off is to do it slowly, make sure everything is good, and close it off some more. Once they're sure it's not gonna mess anything up they'll go for the full containment.

They shut down drilling the relief wells due to pressure concerns and it's my guess that's the reason they haven't closed this new cap down yet. Something scared them enough to halt everything for a while. I hope it's just a temporary thing and not a precursor to more bad news.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Makuahine

That article is also written by Terrance Aym who has done the HELIUM articles. Is this man credible ? anyone know if he has any background other than journalism ? I am pretty new so I do NOT know myself which is why I am asking Thanks in advance...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Comparing Live Sonar from Neptune ROV 1 to what it was yesterday... Seems to be in the same relative position. Notice any difference?

Anyone know how to read sonar?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

Actually I do understand the procedure. What I don't understand is why over 40 hours have passed since fitting the cap and as far as I can tell they have not closed anything yet.

It doesn't look good.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Well they haven't shut it off yet because there are issues with the sea floor!
This has been indicated already, and they have said they need to carry out the seismic tests first, to establish its safe to commence gradual shutdown.
Clearly they are aware of seabed mafunctions, as in fissures etc., so before they dare risk their experimental shut down (and I say experimental, coz they've never dealt with anything like this before), they need to have a read out of the seabed's situation, so they can dual monitor that with the rams being shut down, in case of pressure going elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The govt just shut it all down, fearing well pressures might exacerbate the problem.

news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join