It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Boa ROV 2 has just shown the riser coming out of the ground leading up to the BOP. The images from Enterprise ROV1 are therefore NOT the BOP. So, what are we looking at? Any ideas?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I've been watching Enterprise ROV1 struggling to break away/thru the built up crud on the structure with minimal results ... just some minor quantities removed after a lot of effort.

Just looking at the structure, whatever it is ... I get the impression based on its general poor appearance/condition, the large amounts of rust and built up crud that whatever the structure may be, that its been down there for a long time.
Hard to reconcile that this is part of the original rig that sank or of the original riser. Otherwise, I have no idea what it is or why the ROV is busting a gut to get it cleaned up.

I have to admit that I find it quite amusing to see the ROV being used as a very expensive "hammer" as it bashes away at the crud with its arm

[edit on 14/7/10 by tauristercus]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch
reply to post by mars1

Yeah, I've seen it leaking this morning (UK GMT), too. I just need one of the ATS 'experts' who've been able to identify the objects on view, to confirm this is the base of the BOP, near where the riser comes out of the seabed.

screen shots

screen shots

screen shots

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Sorry don't know how to get a screen shot too late now camera not on that part but there is a leak just don't know what it's coming from.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

have you gone back through the thread a bit? You might come across an image of what you are describing. There are some great screen shots and video and some informative folks in this thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Sorry no joy looked on other sites and nothing.
But i did find this.

Commander: 1.5 mile "Seismic Run" to detect "anything that might happen with the sea floor"

This man looks very scared.
On the leak all i can say it looked like a dark gray metal box with a pipe going in and it was leaking from there sorry got nothing more.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I am watching now from this link:

www.jtnog.org...

I wanted to do a screen shot to ask all of you lovely folks about the cap they put on. It appears as if they have taken it off and it is dangling suspended in the water, however when I grab a screen shot and paste it to crop, all of the images show up with the exception of the camera in question.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Wow, for once we get a true and seemingly reliable bit of youtube footage about what's going on and the plans for the next 48hrs. Lets hope this gets spread amongst as many people as poss, so they are all up to speed.

Great post!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yeah, looking scared is the 1st thing I noticed. He looks very scared, extremely uneasy, & the tone of his voice & his delivery make me uncomfortable!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This guy sounds so scared, maybe its all the data he had to give, most of which I don't understand but just the idea that so much is involved right now has me on edge. I don't think things are going according to plan - at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Thanks for sharing that video. I hope his nervousness was simply because he was camara shy.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
he looks scared allright.. maybe not accustomed to talk to a crowd, but I also looked at his facial expressions and he knows more then he is saying. And I think they still can not close the f***ing spill.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Interesting observations guys... I think he's either nervous... of the truth, not of speaking to camera, or he's lying, cos he already knows it's impossible to fix.

For example, I don't believe the 60's moon landing ever took place, and when you watch the astronauts talk to camera, they shy aware from direct reference to it, and never actually say 'I landed and walked on the moon' - It's always inference that they did. It's similar to this guy talking in the youtube feed.... He doesn't look comfortable saying what he's been 'told' to say.... There is definately something in his head that's different from what he's saying!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am wondering if BP has found out that this was a bad idea to try and cap this thing. They must have found something that is not right and now they sent himout to sugar coat the real problem.I don't remember them doing that kind of sea floor check in the past. I would say they are now stuck a rock and a hard place and they do not know what to do next. Maybe the noticed the other leaks when this new top hat was put on,because why take it completely off if there were not any other serious issues going on.You have to think about it BP doesn't have a real good track record when it comes to being honest with the people. I think they are hiding something that is bad and do not want anyone to know. This man is for the most part just telling us what BP has told him to say. That is just my opinion on this.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
BP delays test cap after seismic survery

It makes me wonder if they have found something troubling.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
BP is to me looking like a shady used car salesman as it seems that they come out and try to say what they think we want to hear. They come out and tell us that things are going well and know there is a problem and have no idea hoe to go about fixing this thing.This needs to be watched very closely and try to figure out what is somewha truthful and what is BP's BS story to tell us.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I get the impression he is not happy saying the things he says, nervous yes and be honest I am not convinced.
If my understanding of deep sea sonar is correct they shouldn't need to 'clear everyone out' as he said before they can commence with that operation.
Also he mentioned about the white suites and that so far they have used 2 million, where the breathing apparatus that should be used are and also where are the workers that are wearing these suites. Seen some images of them but not everyone although I understand the requirements for such suites will depend on where the workers are.

He also said 'if we are successful' on many occasions referring to the containment of pressure but he really didn’t sound that convincing which is a worry.

Also didn't realise that 30-40% of the Gulf was closed

Not convinced at all I am affraid

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Well if they sent him after watching him in action i am glad i don't live around the gulf of Mexico.

Don't feel very confident don't think he dose too.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Thad Allen is neither camera shy nor shy of speaking to the public. He has made many appearances, both in press briefings as well as interviews, he has always been very sound in his addressing stature.

In that clip, he is scared, he is short of breath, his voice is quivering, his stature is "stiff".

He knows something.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Whats happening on Oly ROV1 ? The box its hitched up to, stands on the seabed, and up until now has been in still water, with clear visibility. It now seems to be in a lot of turbulence. What's causing that do you think??

[edit on 14-7-2010 by ckitch]

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join