It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Look st Scandi Rov 1. Look at the flow of the water, not what they are doing.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tryin2follow

I have already stated i am watching the same feed.

I dont see what you are referring to.

Skandi 1 appears to be tinkering with this big yellow thing:

i.imgur.com...

Can you be more clear?

[edit on 10-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Here's an image of the green gas/liquid.. not really sure what it is but it does not seem to be the CorExit and seems to be coming up directly through the assembly itself.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tryin2follow

are you talking abou tthe white plume in the top right of this image?

i.imgur.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
unfortunately i do not know how to capture video... ) :
However on Skandi Rov 2 is it an intentional thing that they are not showing the new cap or is the entire thing tipping to an angle....

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Enterprise ROV 1. There sure is a lot of that green stuff coming out now. I don't think it is hydrologic fluid. Looks like 100's of gallons a minute now!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

They put the same style of dye in air conditioning oil to show leaks. I cant find a reference to it, but this is my best guess.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleDragon

This is a hot-stab port in the cap leaking oil. The ROV was trying to re-seat the coupling an hour ago.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleDragon

OMG, it's oilzilla! What is that hideous looking thing growing out of the well and all over that (so-called) containment cap? I happened to capture some video of that (sped up for shorten viewing time).

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Over night, OI3-Rov's 1/2 got a nice new toy-box full of interesting toys (cutters, rattle guns, a fan, etc). They spent the afternoon testing them.

Skandi-2 is still playing with the dispersant wand, I am guessing he is re-positioning it and beefing up capacity so as they can spray at full pressure once the cap is removed.. Skandi-1 is still playing with the new floating riser.

OE-1 is up on the surface getting some repairs, maybe he is also getting an upgrade like OI3-1/2 had recently with their new flip out hydraulic panel with hot-stab sockets... We'll see tomorrow.

Will be interesting if they pull the cap off tomorrow, and OI3-1 and 2 go about unbolting the damaged riser, installing the mule shoe and go about fitting that nice new capping stack BOP....

[edit on 10-7-2010 by stompasaurus]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
the rov's are keeping busy this morning. I am gonna guess and say they are preparing to remove the original cap today and let the gushing begin. Why didn't they just put on this "new and improved" cap to begin with? thoughts?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
God knows what that green stuff or instrument is.... weird???

Also what are all the yellow 'prongs' ticking out below the cap on the BOP?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think those yellow 'prongs' might be used to somehow help seal the new top hat.

No clue though =p

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

I wonder if those yellow things are valves of some kind? I am guessing I don't really know. oi 2 was messing around in that area a moment ago.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am wondering what skani 1 is monitoring? it looks like a pipe directly at the sea floor, but what pipe?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamfascinated
I am wondering what skani 1 is monitoring? it looks like a pipe directly at the sea floor, but what pipe?

I just think it's the bottom of the BOP at the seafloor

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Intervention ROV2 has one of those yellow prongs in its claw, still don't know what it is?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It just sits on the nuts of the BOP??? Weird?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Another Big Thank you to our "Well Watchers"

i if i could would reward all of you who have faithfully kept this thread on track and reported up to the minute on what the RoV's are doing with a title:
"ATS Well Watcher"

And a Huge thank you for the embedded stills and videos!!

you guys rock!!

~Meathead

please do not star this post , instead take that star and give it the dedicated people who have provided us with such awesome coverage.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join