It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
There the same. skandi rov1 is showing the left side rov2 is showing the right and enterprise 2 is showing the front or rear. It seems to be tipped at an angle where one side is leaking and the other isn't.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
do you think the fin looks bent in skandi rov 1? or is that what its supposed to look like? I can now see how each of the rov's are positioned around the bop and it makes sense. wierd. makes sense...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The fin is most likely bent but I don't think any damage was done.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
On Skandi Rov 1 the fin does look bent and everything is very much at an angle, oil seeping out the side. Almost looks like it could topple over if that one fin wasn't stuck. Did anyone see anything happen that could have caused this?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
are they caping the top of that rignt now??? i am looking at scandi rove 2 and they added this huge piece, then they changed the view..... what is going on now.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by tryin2follow]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
scandi rove 1 has a lot of smoke coming from it. blocking view.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
what is that green glowing stuff they keep zooming in on skandi rov 1, let alone the stuff around the green glowing stuff?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iamfascinated

I just came here to ask the same thing about the neon green glowing stuff - at first I thought it was little flags but discovered it was kinda smoky.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
do you think it really wasn't glowing green and was an illusion? and what on earth is that thing they are moving in over the bop anyways?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

The green stuff is hydraulic oil. I think they add a tracer colour in it so as you can see if it is leaking. I saw a heap leak from a hot-stab on OI3-ROV2 the other day.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
ok I saw them put this big thing over the bop. It was leaking on one side kind of slow. Now its raging. What was the purpose of that "cap"?? and the pressure is really roaring now.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tryin2follow

the purpose of the cap is to 'capture' and divert a portion of the oil into a containment ship (?)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
maybe.. now they are trying to weld the leaking side.... ? so what about the pressure that is going to be sent up that attached cap or whatever that is on the bop.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

1. New Containment Cap -- The third such containment cap to be installed on the busted blowout preventer since BP attempted its Lower Marine Riser Package (LMRP) system at the beginning of June, the new device is said to fit tighter over the sheared pipe, allowing less oil to escape. There's a big caveat though, as first the old (second) cap will have to be removed, which will temporarily allow the full force of the oil flow back into the Gulf for at least three days. The Gulf response team has a plan for compensating for that (see below), and once the cap is in place, it should "function as a valve that can help shut in the runaway well," reports Oil & Gas Journal.

www.aolnews.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
on skandi 1, is that something leaking from the ocean floor or is there a pipe laying on the ocean floor that is leaking what appears to be a white colored something?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Skandi 1 appears to be on 'disperant ops' and the pipe we often see spewing white stuff into the oil plume is corexitt, i believe.

\\correct me if im wrong.

(Hey, thanks to whoever made 'dispersant' recognizable to the spell check)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
on SCANDI ROV 1 umm is that a pipe leak or a sea floor leak.. not sure what I am looking at now.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stompasaurus
I was wondering about that green glow, thanks for your post, can this be confirmed?

Hydraulic oil with tracers in it?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

im watching the same feed, and dont see what you are referring to.

can you take a screen shot?

I still suspect it is the dispesrant

[edit on 10-7-2010 by justadood]

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join