It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 274
<< 271  272  273    275  276 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by piercebitchone

Thanks for that! Yes....it IS about time....I hope it's ok to post it like this, but here it is...

For Immediate Release
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 Contacts:
Christine Bruske Flowers
Todd Ragusa, 504-330-2202 Media Advisory

Largest oil spill health study to launch along Gulf Coast
Media teleconference to be held with lead scientists

What: The GuLF STUDY (Gulf Long-term Follow-up Study), to help learn if oil spills and exposure to crude oil and dispersants affect physical and mental health, will launch in states along the Gulf Coast in February 2011. The study is being conducted by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).

A teleconference will take place with media to review the study and allow for a question and answer session.

Please RSVP with your intent to participate to tragusa@deveney.com.

Who: Dale P. Sandler, Ph.D.
Principal Investigator and Chief
Epidemiology Branch
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences For a biography, visit: www.niehs.nih.gov...

Aubrey Miller, M.D. Senior Medical Advisor National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
For a biography, visit: www.niehs.nih.gov...

When: Monday, February 28, 2011 11:00 a.m. CST / Noon EST

Where: In the U.S. and Canada, call 1-866-548-2699 Outside the U.S. and Canada, call 1-904-271-2009

Why: Over time, the GuLF STUDY will generate important data that may help inform policy decisions on health care and health services in the region. Findings may also influence responses to other oil spills in the future.

The NIEHS supports research to understand the effects of the environment on human health and is part of NIH. For more information on environmental health topics, visit www.niehs.nih.gov.

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) — The Nation's Medical Research Agency — includes 27 Institutes and Centers and is a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. It is the primary federal agency for conducting and supporting basic, clinical and translational medical research, and it investigates the causes, treatments, and cures for both common and rare diseases. For more information about NIH and its programs, visit www.nih.gov.

www.nih.gov

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thank You Kat ! That is why I don't ever do any topics of my own there is NO telling what you may end up with
It is good news indeed IF it remains scientific and unbiased. Thanks again

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Here is why they used it as well.......
"We knew there was something fishy going on, but couldn’t figure out what it might be. Why did BP and the EPA keep on using Nalco’s Corexit, which is highly toxic to both humans and wildlife? Turns out that Rodney F. Chase, who sits on the board of Nalco, was also a BP board member. Likelihood that he still holds shares in both companies is very high. So it wasn’t JUST nepotism, it was a for-profit choice"
full article here....
www.protecttheocean.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
BP has gone "on with thier lives"....and left this for us to deal with. This is NEW oil! If the ROVS were still there, we would see that nothing has changed below those deep waters....oil is still spewing.....they are just not letting us see it. This is occuring NOW...February 2011 Just because BP is gone, it doesn't mean the oil is!
www.houmatoday.com...
edit on 24-2-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I live on Dauphin Island. Yesterday afternoon, some people from the cleanup crew came in to our family's shop and were upset. They are being laid off and sent home. Only one group will be left here. And more oil washes up daily.

I thought you might want confirmation of the pull out.

Also, they aren't even paying our property owner's association for the loss of revenue from our golf course which is run by our Mayor. They aren't paying on any health related claims either. No matter how many advertisements to the contrary, BP is not making it right. They aren't even trying to act like it any more. Just giving a media blitz to the effect they are

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amarenell

Thanks for the info.....that just makes me furious! I wish you all the best, but just like we thought, they left us with the short end of the stick....and did you know they just got the ok for a new deepwater project in the GOM....REALLY!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
How about this...How in the Hell can you be proud? or even except such an Award?

"910th Airlift Wing receives Air Force award "
Snippets
[The 910th is being honored with the ''Air Force Outstanding Unit Award'' recognizing the airlift wing for outstanding achievement from April 28 to June 4, 2010, when it sent two specially equipped C-130H aircraft and the associated personnel and support crew to Stennis International Airport in Mississippi to aid in the Deepwater Horizon oil spill cleanup efforts.]

[While they were deployed to the Gulf Coast, the aircrews flew 92 sorties and sprayed 30,000 acres with nearly 149,000 gallons of dispersant.]

Source www.tribtoday.com...

Ektar

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Updated News...

I remembered her...she was Beautiful & the before & after photos were shocking...never thought she would die...

"Lisa Nelson passed away today — Face, neck swelled to “three times normal size” after trip to beach in September "

Snippet
[I am so furious! Lisa died today. I am so sad. I went on my Youtube to add an annotation of her death to her video and I am furious! When you play the video a f*%$king BP ad comes up at the bottom – on my video!]

Source www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

How Much More Does the Gulf Have To Take?

"Two people rescued after oil rig fire near site of BP Blowout — Flight space restricted"

Snippets
[U.S. Coast Guard officials confirm two people were rescued after an oil production platform caught fire in the Gulf of Mexico Sunday.
The platform is located about 50 miles south of Grand Isle.]

[“We believe at this point that it was not an explosion and only a fire,” Lehmann said…
“We’re still determining if there is any oil leakage,” Lehmann said. …]

Source www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

Ektar

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

You aren't kidding!! That is an outrage!!! People are sick and the gulf is poisoned...and they are proud....NICE

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

I heard about her dying....and I can't believe those ads are on her memorial video! I swear, this is like a nightmare with no end. We have had dead baby dolphins washing up all month.....people just don't realize how bad it is STILL. BP has done a great job spreading their lies about how it's all fine now...."comon down and enjoy some Gulf seafood!".....NOT! Ektar, I have missed my right hand girl! You have contributed so much here and on my other thread, and you don't even live here. I want to publicly thank you for all the hard work you put in to it....I admire you for that!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar

Snippet
[I am so furious! Lisa died today. I am so sad. I went on my Youtube to add an annotation of her death to her video and I am furious! When you play the video a f*%$king BP ad comes up at the bottom – on my video!]

I don't remember where, but i believe in the inner edit functions of a youtube account, one can change the settings to prevent adds from popping up on your video.

Although, if you think about it, if you have a youtube video exposing BP and a BP ad pops up, that's actually kinda good for 'your' side.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
WTH????? There is a 100 mile long oil spill 20 miles from the Macondo well....they think it may be the Matterhorn rig! I hope that is not true....will post more when I find info. lonelyconservative.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I posted this thead last night. It shows new oil in Grand Isle on march 20 2011. It fell to the bottom of the thread abyss though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

OK....Thanks for the heads up........
I'll subscribe so I can keep up!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This article was just posted yesterday talking about a meeting of people and doctors for today(Saturday):

BP Oil Spill Saturday Meeting

Those suffering from illnesses possibly related to the BP oil spill will meet at noon Saturday at Robichaux's home to hear about the doctor's study, fill out health surveys and talk with others who believe their symptoms are rooted in crude-oil exposure. The gathering will include a free meal, carnival rides for children and talks from environmental activists and locals with oil-related illnesses. It's at 4416 La. 1 in Raceland. Lawn chairs are encouraged. The goal is to get people the appropriate help, instead of treating their symptoms as anything other than spill related, organizers said. "We want something that is a true representation of what is happening on the bayou and the coast," said Brenda Dardar-Robichaux, Mike's wife and the former principal chief of the United Houma Nation. For the full story, see Friday's Courier and Daily Comet and visit houmatoday.com and dailycomet.com.

Hope this helps

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
New Article from Bk Lim
"Part 1 - Mystery of the New Found Oil revealed"
Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:32 AM EDT
(first drafted in Nov2010, revised and updated 07 April 2011)

Even before the 9.0 mag earthquake in Japan on 11 March 2011, scientists and research workers were already finding oily sediment buried beneath the seabed. We will come to this in part 2. Just 34 minutes after the giant quake, groundwater levels in South Florida fluctuate up to 3 inches for 2 hours (Japanese Quake stirred Florida). P waves traveled through the earth at a much faster speed.

New 10 x 100 miles oil spill spotted after Japanese 9.0 mag Earthquake.
Source bklim.newsvine.com...

Ektar
Cheers Skat!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

All that means is that crude oil is a natural substance, nothing more nothing less. Don't get paranoid.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
nice idea.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Thanks Ektar! This is an excellent article....I have missed you!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

We are aware of this......please read the article though...it goes deeper than that. The one thing we try to avoid is paranoia and fear mongering. If you read the past articles on the subject from Mr. Lim, you'll see the point he is making. It's very interesting....I know those who don't live here think it has been over for a long time, but it isn't. What happened started a course of events which are still playing out.

edit on 11-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 271  272  273    275  276 >>

join