It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

How can the historical background of how the British have been commiting genocide against my people since they invaded this continent be irrelevant to this discussion of the recent act of terrorism in our gulf that is the topic of this thread? What have you got to be ashamed of that you want to silence me? Why do you attempt to demean my position as Chief of the indigenous Terrapin tribespeople by referring to me in an insulting manner? Who are you hiding in anonymity?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiefHuntingBear

How can the historical background of how the British have been commiting genocide against my people since they invaded this continent be irrelevant to this discussion of the recent act of terrorism in our gulf that is the topic of this thread?

Well, for one, because this thread is for posts relating more or less to the 'live feeds' of the deepwater disaster, and interpretation of information gleaned from these threads.

What have you got to be ashamed of that you want to silence me? Why do you attempt to demean my position as Chief of the indigenous Terrapin tribespeople by referring to me in an insulting manner? Who are you hiding in anonymity?

I am not trying to silence you, although i DO indeed have little patience for the hand-wringing of self-proclaimed 'leaders' such as yourself. Regardless, i have no interest in silencing you. I'm just trying to get you to pay a little attention and post in the right thread (or start your own topic!). Ashamed? What would I have to be ashamed of? My light skin? Small pox?
edit on 18-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiefHuntingBear

Wow. First Chief Huntingbear let me tell you I am part Cherokee. My Great Grandmother survived the Trail of Tears. I am fully aware of the concept of the White Invasion.

That being said sir, I'm not sure how your reply to my post reflects the Up to the Minute line of conversation. This person who came up behind you acted badly. I however did not come up behind you & I must say your post does read as very angry. Many, if not most, of the people contributing to this thread are also angry. Many of them, like me, are descendents of the same people you came from. This assault happened to us all & especially those in the Gulf. Our Mothers would want us to know that. What has been done can not be undone and life does move forward. We must deal with the here & now.

May the wind forever carry your song.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

This thread is about how BP is destroying our main Alantic Gulf, I maintain intentionally.
Of course the historical background of how the British have robbed us and destroyed our ecosystem is relevant. My people didn't invade Great Britain and we don't have an oil rig in the English Channel. Now that you've made the remark about small pox you've admitted to everyone that you're a criminal. What I want to contribute to this thread is that the this terrorist attack by the British is against our homeland, the indigenous Terrapin tribespeople.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiefHuntingBear

This thread is about how BP is destroying our main Alantic Gulf, I maintain intentionally.

No, sir/ma'am, it isn't. This thread is for a specific aspect of the larger issue you are referring to. I encourage you to browse the "Deepwater" Forum and see the different topics. Here is a link to help you start your very own thread to discuss your very impotant issues:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

I respect you for working very hard to maintain this thread so tens of thousands of people around the world will be able to discuss what is happening in our gulf currently. It seems that you are only an eigth blood Cherokee, which is not enough to be a citizen, but certainly we are glad to have you as a friend. You must understand though that it's different for those of us with one or more full blooded parents because we have been tortured, starved, raped and experimented on by the American government as a matter of policy and by private citizens for sport. We are fighting to end the holocaust against those of us who are alive today and the children we still haven't had and apprciate your help, friend.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
www.bp.com...
Huh look at the top it's written again!
BP ATLANTIS.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Chief Hunting Bear,
Your topic is one that should be discussed....but not on this thread. As I'm sure you can understand, if everyone started bringing up different topics, it would get very confusing to those who come here for information. I suggest you start a thread on this subject, and I know that you will get many replies. You are more than welcome to discuss the live feeds here or anything relating to what is going on down there, but this is not a history thread, so I respectfully ask that you refrain from posting anything that is not on topic. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Nogard2012

What?? This is getting to be bizarre! That is the third time I have seen that. What were they doing when you saw that? Inspecting the BOP?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

I'm afraid you're right......just the fact that they are STILL down there means something.....a MONTH after they "officially" said it was killed.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by eastbosbud

Oh wow.....I missed that! What the hell are they doing?? There is something wrong with this picture. Like I said before....it's been over a month since they declared this thing dead (if its even the right well we are seeing). If that is true WHY are they still messing around with it? This morning they are "inspecting BOP #1"

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The question is did the annulus at the end of the cement job end up overbalanced or did it not.

There is some evidence that the rig was made aware that it would end up close to balanced. There is some evidence that they were aware that it was important to carefully check flow in both the casing and annulus for evidence of back flow. They would look for some back flow and that the check valves were stopping the back flow.

So there are 2 choices of assumptions you can make. You can assume this was another botched test procedure by the rig crew or you can assume the annulus did end up heavier than the the 14.2 MW in the casing.

www.theoildrum.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Rational, calm, discussion is the only way to resolve any issue. The events in the GOM prove we are one people living on a very fragile rock endangered by neglect & greed. The heritage of all people is valuable. It not only created the mess we are in today, it created all the wonders as well.

The topic of this thread however is not about heritage. It is about the news of a great injustice carelessness has caused all human beings and our Mother Earth. That damage may well effect countless future generations. It has already damaged an ecosystem that will take decades to repair. Many of us won't live long enough to see that restoration.

People come here to stay up on the news surrounding that event. We are seeing less & less current news. MSM barely mentions news from our Gulf now even though the people there have not recovered. They may never regain their way of life,and many are suffering medical issues that are not be addressed any where.

Many here have declared we will not forget harm done. We will not move on to the next big news leaving our coast & the people who live there behind. I know we've been lied to. I know tptb would like us to move on.

Your fight is a just cause, this however is not the place or time for that discussion. I will add only one other comment regarding my heritage. You are aware of only one of my ancestors & that is not enough information from which to draw any conclusions.

May the wind forever carry your song.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nogard2012

I used the link you provided & it went to a black screen. I am aware of BP Atlantis, but need you to fill in the gap for me of you would be so kind. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for that info Antar!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There has been a lot going on today....I posted some video on the other thread. Most of it was hydrates flying everywhere after they started pulling on a piece of equipment, but there were 2 huge explosions....also the green smoke is back....they were doing some kind of test on the BOP (why?) and chemical injections in the BOP (again....why?) The videos I have will be posted on my other thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yes if you read down on that page it gets heated and questions are asked.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

Freebirdgirl, Thanks for following my articles and posting. I was not aware that this thread is continuing. Sorry for asking this question, but is there any way to track the replies to the postings.

The video dated 15 Oct 2010 is yet again another evidence of lying by BP. You see the base of Well A (the present one shown to the world as the well that reached the reservoir) was only 5000ft. When DWH reentered and continued drilling from where the Transocean Marianas left off (at 4023ft), they immediately had problems because the well was never properly abandoned and cemented. 3 months is a long time for the gas seeping out of the fault to create a lot of side wall damage to the well. The annulus on the backside of the well casing can never be sealed with pressurized gas (coming from the GWSF – abr for gas-saturated weak sub-rock formation zone).

If BP thought they could fool the world by just putting a cap and pumping in cement into well A, then they are badly mistaken. The gas will erode the walls of the well bore slowly but surely and eventually the well will tilt and tilt further it will. The escaping gas will swirl around the casing and uplift the sediment. At the moment the annulus is filled with cement and heavy drilling mud. Thus the gas has to build sufficient pressure before it can squeeze through to bubble up or “erupt”. Initially from a small tickle, it will develop into periodic bursts and finally into continuous discharge. The only question is how fast?
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Alot going on for a dead well....they are installing a subsea distribution unit and doing a static umblical install. I'm not sure what these things are....all I know is they stated on there page on September 20 that they were finishing up and preparing to "abandon" the well. So.....why are they still there and installing things?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is what a static umbilical is (what they are installing now) www.epmag.com...

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join