It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 232
<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Cutting Something on HOS...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8d8605d2361.jpg[/atsimg]

Ektar

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Look I'm NAKED!!!
No ROV location or any info listed...11:27 pm EST

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/805c3544c6d6.jpg[/atsimg]

Ektar

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cfd54721daf9.jpg[/atsimg]
I initially took this shot cause ROV clamped this pipe...
but when I went to post I noticed the Hive build up...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64a317db53e8.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04742cc1a106.jpg[/atsimg]

Ektar

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I see they still have not removed the BOP. When are they scheduled to do that anyways?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
I see they still have not removed the BOP. When are they scheduled to do that anyways?

Either today or Monday...probably Monday...so they say!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Just a little off base...but relevant. BPs new "US public information broadcast" is one of the biggest pieces of propaganda I have seen. Why? Well here are some reasons:

1) "This is the beginning..." Going to explode more wells and cut corners to save money are we?

2) "BP has taken full responsibility for cleaning up of the oil in the Gulf." They don't have a choice. They HAVE to clean it up. But as demonstrated in several media reports, they might just be covering it up with sand in some areas. Does this also include cleaning dispersed oil up from the bottom of the Gulf?

3) "That includes keeping you informed." Informed of what? Parties and tourist hot spots in Florida from BP's twitter page? What about the oil seeps we see on ROVs? I mean the list could go on, but you get my point I think.

4) The woman in this video stands around and nods her head when these people are talking to her, WHILE working.. I know how that act goes. You wave your hands and look like you are saying something when the camera is just getting a nod and grin shot from you. I doubt that this woman is going to show up, look at the register sales in a restaurant, while they are totally busy making food for customers, or getting ready for a wedding. This whole video was staged and I would not be shocked if most of it was done in a studio.

5) "We'll keep looking for oil and cleaning it up if we find it." Again are you actually going to clean it up or disperse it to the bottom of the Gulf when you do find it? And are you going to clean up what you do disperse...even though you are not even supposed to be using dispersant (says the EPA...) But wait...they said that once and never again.

End rant

[edit on 29-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

My favorite is #3....."keeping us informed"....

God bless you BP.....that's why we have to stay up all hours of the freakin day and night watching the feeds to keep OURSELVES informed
If we relied on these chuckleheads for information, we would think this whole nightmare was just "a spill" and that BP has fixed everything...... so now everything is even BETTER than before the "spill"

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Some green stuff coming from a valve or something on HOS SUPER H ROV 2.

My guess is methanol? At least that is what this switch says:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Yep....probably is methanol/antifreeze mix. I posted a presser where Thad said that is what the green stuff is. Hey Dragon....I see on sub c rov2 it says they are installing the "bop sling"....so maybe they are going to move it today......are you off from work today?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I wonder what Hydrate could mean. Does the well get thirsty?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I work overnight tonight. So I will stick around as long as I can.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
Look I'm NAKED!!!
No ROV location or any info listed...11:27 pm EST

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/805c3544c6d6.jpg[/atsimg]

Ektar

Ohhhhhhhhhh Ektar!!!! You had me for a moment there...you TEASE! LOLOLOL! That is rather odd though huh? No info at all on that....I think that is the first time I have ever seen a feed with no info at all on it!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Yep....probably is methanol/antifreeze mix. I posted a presser where Thad said that is what the green stuff is. Hey Dragon....I see on sub c rov2 it says they are installing the "bop sling"....so maybe they are going to move it today......are you off from work today?

A sling? I see what it says but a sling? I can only imagine what the sling is made of. I also forget, but I posted it somewhere int he tens of pages of this thread, on how much the cap alone weighs. Which If I recall it's something like 30 tons or something outrageous like that. I can just imagine thing "slinging" this thing to the surface. I already think taking it off is a bad idea to begin with. We already know the cap is messed up...we know there are pipes floating around in the thing (god knows where and how much). We already know there are leaks. I mean if this was going to work (putting a new BOP on)...why didn't they do this to begin with? I mean Thad said they have had it sitting on a boat just waiting....(god knows for how long). If I had to guess, I would say they are trying to "fix" this thing so they can get oil from it again. I think they stopped worrying about sealing it and now want to get the oil. Why else put a new BOP on?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I wonder what Hydrate could mean. Does the well get thirsty?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I work overnight tonight. So I will stick around as long as I can.

I'll be watching most of the day since I see they are getting the "bop sling" ready.....I don't want to miss when they move it. I'll try to get pics if anything happens. I work nights too so I know how it is....I'm off tonight though.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Good morning, watched last night until about 2am...they weren't really showing much, just those few photos I took...that uninformative photo is the 2nd time in ~2 wks where I've seen that happen...I had posted pic & didn't even notice..it may have been tsurfer that pointed it out.

Just their luck they will probably pull the whole damn thing partly out of the ground when they start pulling on the BOP>

Ektar

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

A sling? I see what it says but a sling? I can only imagine what the sling is made of. I also forget, but I posted it somewhere int he tens of pages of this thread, on how much the cap alone weighs. Which If I recall it's something like 30 tons or something outrageous like that. I can just imagine thing "slinging" this thing to the surface. I already think taking it off is a bad idea to begin with. We already know the cap is messed up...we know there are pipes floating around in the thing (god knows where and how much). We already know there are leaks. I mean if this was going to work (putting a new BOP on)...why didn't they do this to begin with? I mean Thad said they have had it sitting on a boat just waiting....(god knows for how long). If I had to guess, I would say they are trying to "fix" this thing so they can get oil from it again. I think they stopped worrying about sealing it and now want to get the oil. Why else put a new BOP on?

Yeah....it took me aback too....I think I read it weighs 600,000 lbs! That's why I'll lose sleep to see how they accomplish THAT! I think that the ONLY reason they want to replace the BOP is because they will tap this well again in the future (as soon as the people move on to the next big thing and forget)....they already said they won't rule it out....too much profit in that big deposit. They won't let that slip through thier greedy mitts!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Now you see it, now you don't. A pretty clear and significant oil and methane leak on HOS Super H ROV 2. I managed to get some of it on video before it zoomed out. The ROV then went and turned the 'hydrate' valve, which I posted a screen shot of earlier. It turned it in the screen shot, then it turned it after this leak.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Good catch! Are you guys viewing from realty check? As I was saying earlier before you guys got off this morning...there was alot of blowing going on...pretty much the same, but hard to tell if they're actual
"blows" or due to equipment being moved around...
Thanks for the comedy this morning...you can can be quite punchy after the overnite shifts...
I did see them swinging that large around to snap onto the BOP...I couldn't make out what they were sawing on though, do you know ?

Ektar

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I saw something like that a few times yesterday....when they were about to remove the side choke and the gooseneck...the rov would go up to a panel....insert a plug thing with a line attached to it, then stuff would come out like that...then they removed it, and it stopped...I don't know what that was.

top topics

<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join