It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 228
<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Thanks for your input. It does kind of look like a mix of stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

I mean we see all kinds of colors and stuff. We saw pink spewing from it, green spewing from it. It's just truly amazing that not a single bit of media even bothered to report on this. So because they are not reporting, BP is not talking, it is left up to us and people on other sites to make logical conclusions based on what we see.

Since we know several facts in regards to whats in the well; it spewed oil, mud, pink stuff, green stuff, gray stuff, hydrates (methane/oil mix), cement (liquid). So the list is endless. We can assume that it is any one of those things leaking at this very moment, and maybe a few other things I didn't list.

So lets consider all that and add more to the mix: seeps from seafloor, 'floornadoes,' alleged cracks, other unknown or unexplained phenomena and whatever else they are not showing us...I am not sure things are going as good as BP says they are. I just wish we knew more instead of scratching our heads.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Enterprise ROV 2 is done fishing. I got a screen capture of the pipe being pulled out of the cap. Is this what they were fishing for? Looks pretty jagged on the end.

EDIT: I think it was just the fishing rod. For lack of better terms.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Difference
Does anyone know what the black masses are that are coming into the screen of the Skandi Rov I. The Rov is maintaining the same general altitude and direction, but appears to be moving forward. The black masses all move in the same direction towards the Rov, so it would be strange to think that all fish or sea creatures are all moving in unison. The masses appear to be moving too fast to be oil blobs. If it is bottom surface material, then one would have to consider a seabed eruption that is blasting up material, that is falling back towards the seabed. Does anyone know anything about these black masses that move like underwater meteorites?

Don't know. but that was what I was seeing all day yesterday...it was spreading over the whole area...I posted a pic a couple of pages back. Is that what you mean?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The material that was coming from the pipe when they were using either before they started fishing again would more than likely be a mix for cleaning out any hydrates that may have been forming in the pipe.I would say that is what was happening there. Making sure it is free of anything that may hinder or give any trouble during the fishing process.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
let me save u all some time

so ur watching somthing witch u dont even knoqw what g4u

if u have any relevant info please share

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Here is just a couple of vids from last night that are not anything spectacular but they are just inspections of the BOP. The first one is from about 9:30pm and the second one is a few hours later. Like I said nothing special.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

Please help me out here what are you getting at. I did not understand your post.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well I will be the first one to congradulate you StealthyKat in your saying that they have been anti freeze down there and I have found an official confirmation on that. Here is what I have found.

Earlier in the day Admiral Allen explained some of the events that I discussed in yesterday’s post, noting that the rams in the stack had become jammed because of the formation of hydrates within the mechanism, that then led to them freezing as the hydrates were disturbed. BP then chose to flush the system again, using an antifreeze solution.

Now this is an official confirmation that was on the oil drum site. So you were correct in your posts about it being antifreeze. A little more on what else was used ..

BP used a methanol soak as the predominant medium for melting the hydrates. They also circulated MEG water - methyl ethylene glycol (antifreeze) - to help improve visibility conditions.

So now if someone asks about the colored fluid they see you now tell them with certainty that antifreeze is being used. So here is the link to the oil drum site if you want to check it out...

www.theoildrum.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Thanks T! Now I feel better about being wrong about the BOP being already loose yesterday!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Ugh...the feeds are disappearing again. Where is a good reporter to catch Thad off guard

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Here is something you might want to try.

Deepwater Horizon Incident Joint Information Center, August 15, 2010 6:47 p.m. EDT:

WHO: Adm. Thad Allen, National Incident Commander

WHAT: Teleconference to provide update on ongoing Deepwater Horizon/BP oil spill response efforts

WHEN: Monday, Aug. 16, 2010, 12:30 p.m., EDT. The call-in number is (866) 304-5784 for domestic callers, and (706) 643-1612 for international callers. Conference ID# 94899083

After calling the above number before 12:30 p.m. EDT and waiting a short time on hold, the operator will ask:

1) Name
2) Media affiliation: Use a favorite website/forum or tell them no affiliation.
3) Email

After the Allen makes his opening remarks, you will be asked to press ‘star’ (*) and then ’1′ on your keypad to be put in line to ask a question.

This should help with what you want.
I know it says for Aug. 15th but I can't see why it wouldn't still work for other days.

EDIT: add a little more info.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Awesome. I will check it out
If you find anymore info just let me know. Would be nice to know if there is a website with daily info for the press conferences.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I can't believe you guys take anything that guy says seriously (thad allen)....
He's been nothing but a lying POS (and a flat out paid shill)... And I doubt that will change anytime soon.

You expect him to tell the truth about what's going on? Most all of what he says contradicts everything we see... Then he gives us a nice pad answer to make all the sheep go back to sleep.

This a great thread, but we seriously need to stop hanging on that liars words..

[edit on 26-8-2010 by pynner]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Awesome. I will check it out
If you find anymore info just let me know. Would be nice to know if there is a website with daily info for the press conferences.

Here ya go Dragon......

www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com...

There is even links that tell you which days there are
teleconferences....they just had one yesterday..

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is the new site they are in the process of moving to....much of it is the same old pro-bp crap, but you can find some info there, look at documents etc. www.restorethegulf.gov...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pynner

I really don't listen to half the babble he spews. I was just seeing if what he said actually confirms what I had read from another site. I just try to find another second or third source so I don't say something that is wrong. I want to be as accurate as can be. We have enough people who enjoy trying to BS us. Other than that Thad Allen is as reliable as my shoe, oh wait my shoe is more reliable than him.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Does anyone know what the different colors mean on the sonar? Specifically, what does the pink represent?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hi folks,

Please check out Challenger ROV's, looks to me like they are filming to the side of volcano activity.

This time I have it captured!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't know but it sure looks like a lot of hydrates blowing around down there. Almost looks like a hydrate snow blowing around. It really sucks that we can't get a clearer picture with less pixelation in them. I guess we have to do with what we get.

top topics

<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join