It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
OK I just got a good look at the BOP, it looks like it took a beating and has lots of oil on it.....I apoligize for sayingit was gone before I was 100% sure...but I did say I wasn't sure. It was just rocking so hard side to side during all that, it really did look that way....then we didn't see it....but I'm glad I was wrong about that! I'm not a "doomer" LOL! It is just what it looked like at the time......

[edit on 25-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
6:55pm....if you want to see what I am talking about (the BOP moving all over) go look now on Subc 2 it's doing it again...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I haven't been watching much of the feeds lately, but I have been checking this thread at least twice a day.

If the BOP is swaying that badly, I would be more worried about whatever it's attached to giving away and making it impossible to put another cap on it. If the BOP falls from swaying, it may make it impossible to cap it at all. I still want to know what Well B is doing.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

I don't think it is connected to the well anymore....it looks like it is floating and bobbing up and down....go check it out...it is all over the place right now. Look on realitycheck on the sub c 2 cam

[edit on 25-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Can I ask how you know that it's the BOP that's moving? After all, the cameras are mounted on ROV subs. They're being battered around by the current of the water. They're not fixed in position. The BOP however, is fixed in position (although I do conceed it may move from side to side a bit). But to say the BOP is swinging back and forth is really something that's impossible to discern since there's no frame of reference for the actual position of the BOP. You can't see any fixed position on the ocean floor so more likely than not, the movement you're seeing is actually the ROV moving not the BOP.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Makuahine

If you go watch it, you can see that it is moving....I just took a couple of pics as it went over on it's side and they pulled it upright again....I took into consideration that the rov moves, but it is not just the ROV...if you go watch for a while you'll see what I mean....I'll post the pics of it going sideways next.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
BOP falling sideways

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/755cc118178a.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just found something I think you guys will like, kind of interesting in that the Oil experts seem to know more about the BP spill than we do and this may clarify some of the questioned posed in this thread from time to time...

I felt like I was spying on this site, lol...

europe.theoildrum.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This was when it first started going over..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0025a5216e12.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Leaving for work....goodnight everybody!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Before I go, does anyone know if the BOP can turn around completely on it's axis? Because if not, the I know it isn't connected because I saw it turn completely around several times in the last few hours....It seems to be held by cables and chains....

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Before I go, does anyone know if the BOP can turn around completely on it's axis? Because if not, the I know it isn't connected because I saw it turn completely around several times in the last few hours....It seems to be held by cables and chains....

All I see is the ROV inspecting the BOP. If you aren't looking at the number at the top part of the screen as the ROV moves then it would make it appear that the BOP is spinning instead.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Here is a vid from today at around 4pm today. It shows a little bit of a leak. You can make theory about this I just thought it was interesting.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Does anyone know what the black masses are that are coming into the screen of the Skandi Rov I. The Rov is maintaining the same general altitude and direction, but appears to be moving forward. The black masses all move in the same direction towards the Rov, so it would be strange to think that all fish or sea creatures are all moving in unison. The masses appear to be moving too fast to be oil blobs. If it is bottom surface material, then one would have to consider a seabed eruption that is blasting up material, that is falling back towards the seabed. Does anyone know anything about these black masses that move like underwater meteorites?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Difference

More than likely what you see are larger oil blobs. You won't see the larger blobs as often as the smaller ones, but you will see them every so often. They may be something else, but I don't think it is anything but larger blobs.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

i find oil drum quite helpful for that.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
What is this cloudy stuff coming out? I caught this on Enterprise rov 2.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Could be the cement that never solidified, could be the mud they used to try and plug the well, or the anti freeze or dispersant, oil, or could be any number of things that they stuffed into this thing. I am leaning more towards a mixture of it all.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
HOS Super H ROV 2 is spraying something from a wand again. Not sure if its green or just the color filter though. So hard to tell if it might be dispersant or anti freeze or what.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The Wall Street Journal published a brilliant article regarding the final moments leading up to the explosion and fire on the Deepwater Horizon rig. On Doomed Rig's Last Day, a Divisive Change of Plan.

You can feel the emotion in this one. Seemed like no one knew what was going on at all, yet if these workers are right, BP didn't care. I also liked the part where they mention the ROVs. They said ROVs were already down there doing work when the explosion happened. So my question is: where are those ROVs? Are they the ones we see now? Were any ROVs lost? Where is the footage of the feeds?

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join