It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 217
<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I doubt anyone would be warned, because it was so sudden.This isn't the first time though....but this was the biggest I have seen. It's just been a weird day...started off calm....then the big blow.....the cap on the BOP started leaking greyish clouds of (oil?)........ then the pink stuff came OUT of the BOP...... which spread out into a orangy haze around the BOP......... follwed by a pipe of some kind on the ground spewing....... followed by black clouds and the big piece of equipment (not sure what it was) being tossed around and thrown into the ROV....... followed by rov zooming in on the base of the BOP, which had black plumes coming from it........ followed by cameras cut off. Crazy day to say the least. NOW would be a good time for BP to tell us what the HELL is going on! If it is something THEY are doing and it's under control...I wish they would just say so...because my stomach is in knots...I'm only 50 miles from this monster.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creamy Goodness
reply to post by StealthyKat

Seems kinda odd that it would come up on the screen. Are they not fishing at the moment or what? Wonder why is the cam off?

They were until all this happened. We really don't know....they need to update everyone like NOW.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by niblo
Theres clearly a whole bunch of them focusing on 1 point of the BOP, but we're getting just a few feeds between all sites. Trying to figure out what theyre so interested in.

I think they are focusing on the plumes of oil comingout of the bottom of it. I saw it clearly....the rov zoomed in and there were 3 black plumes coming out of either the BOP or the floor very close to it (like up against it close)

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just wondering if everyone here agrees with me those blue filters are a pain in the a**. Its hard get a decent view. Damn you blue filters (shaking fist). Damn you.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I have a fairly long recording of the BOP from just a bit ago. Let it record when I went to get Chinese. Will try to get it all up for you.

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 23-8-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

LOL! I agree! ** Kicks dirt at BP**

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
My internet keeps crashing.

Sub C 2 says it doing NODE removal. Any ideas on this anyone?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

I have a fairly long recording of the BOP from just a bit ago. Let it record when I went to get Chinese. Will try to get it all up for you.

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 23-8-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

OK...Hope you were able to catch the stuff we were talking about! It looks like they may be beginning to take things off the BOP to move it....on the screen it says "node removal" and the robot is messing with the pipes at the bottom. I don't see any spewing from the BOP itself now....maybe the plumes I saw were from the ROVs being right up next to it and kicking things up....BUT the rovs in sub c 2 are still getting sloshed around. All these things could be the result of BP doing it on purpose for all I know. Why can't they just tell us?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There does seem to be a lot of peices getting taken off. I still have no idea how the main body of the new BOP is going to be replaced. Wait an see I suppose, if they let us see that is.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Looks like its all on hold actually. Every ROV is stationery now, at least we've got the feeds back though.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I wonder if they got the drill out? Because they said in the breifing that they would move the BOP AFTER they got the blockage out....the way it sounded was like they had to get it out before they could attempt to move it.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Subsea operational update:

•The MC252 well has been shut-in since July 15; there is currently no oil flowing into the Gulf.
•Open water fishing operations from the MC252 BOP will continue today. The fishing operations will aim at removing drill pipe within the MC252 BOP.
•The DDII is completing preparations for its BOP to be used on the Macondo well..
•The DDIII is on standby but maintaining full readiness to proceed when directed.
•We anticipate the next update will be provided by around 10am CDT on August 24, 2010.
Updated August 23 at 10:00am CDT

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks Stealthycat for the run down on whats been going on. I suppose it would happen too quickly to let anyone know. Do people at your work discuss what's going on - just wondering as some people are quiet about matters that bother them? Stay safe friend!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thanks Stealthycat for the run down on whats been going on. I suppose it would happen too quickly to let anyone know. Do people at your work discuss what's going on - just wondering as some people are quiet about matters that bother them? Stay safe friend!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
they said they could replace it with the drill still there but they would have to raise the BOP another 3000 feet an thats obviously no practical. I never seen them fishing so I dont know wjhat it would even look like if they managed to get it out, or even if they would be showing it on the feeds

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Oh yes....it is all we talk about. Of course some people just don't want to think about it though.....I will stay safe...and thankyou. That's why I watch the cams so closely.....I WANT to know what's happening, you know?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If you can get to oildrum it has a few good articles and some more info on how things are going. I wish I had another laptop just for this disaster, because it is hard to recording and back here to see whats up.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So sad, as important as this thread is. It seams to have lost the intrest of the (not so large) of masses on ATS.

Now it just seems like so much mindless drivel, like a personal blog. the thread is dying.

not to affend but there is a chat feature. Not?

sorry to any offended.

lunch

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
still looks like its doing what it says on the tin to me?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Watching Hos Super H a few minutes ago and I swear I saw a reflection of somebody. Did anyone see it or have I just started losing my mind.

<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join