It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I think all those people who said they saw the top cap jiggling around are owed a big thumbs up
Seems we have evidence they were 100% correct in their observations as seen below. One of the ROVs grabbed hold of one of the fins of the top cap and could be seen moving the top cap. At the same time, the feed from the neighboring ROV clearly shows the result.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GATruthseeker
reply to post by Moriarty

I was thinking that was some sort of gauge. It definitely seems like the flow is coming out much faster than it has & the composition definitely seems different. It seems to me that they are measuring it maybe?

I have a close up of the gauge if that is what it is if anyone wants to see, looking at the flow from the extreme closeup it seems to have a lot more sediment in it, made me think of waves of sand for some reason.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

Yep - I agree with you. Reckon they're using those little robot arms to give the impression that thay are working to 'fix' this catastrophe. Bob Cavner,( oil and gas industry expert seen on MSNBC) has said he wishes BP would just come clean about what's REALLY going on. We can keep conjecturing about what we're seeing til the cows come home ...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I'm not sure moving the top hat is the issue here. It looks to me & has for a little while now that it is coming out faster & faster & full of either a ton of debris or bubbles or both. It just looks so much more violent than I have ever seen it.

On Enterprise they seem to be filming it so it does a freeze frame, I know there is a term for that but I can't think of it. Anyway, they seem to be trying to figure out what the composition is. That is my guess anyway.

I really wish I could understand what I was looking at. What IS that debris? Has anyone else ever noticed this much junk in the flow before? Is it the pipe? Is it the rock underneath breaking up? Tar? It's driving me crazy.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
BOA Deep Sea - ROV2 robot is actually carrying a balloon. What's the plan do you think? Kindra Arnesen said it was all "Ponies and Balloons". Didn't think it would become literal!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses
BOA Deep Sea - ROV2 robot is actually carrying a balloon. What's the plan do you think? Kindra Arnesen said it was all "Ponies and Balloons". Didn't think it would become literal!

I saw that earlier, its just a LDIS Buoy. I believe it has something to do with data integration. We have to remember they have equipment all over the sea bed, it is my understanding that LDIS integrates them all into a unified view instead of looking in a dozen different places

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
OP has been edited to include a link to the simultaneous All Feeds view in addition to the indicidual ROV selection link from BP.
(Thank you SneakAPeek for the link!)

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Thanks for clarifying MORIARTY.
Just watching Enterprise ROV 1. The water has that look like wavering jelly you see over the asphalt on a scorching day. Is it doing that because it's SO hot down there or is just the oil pressure making the nearby water vibrate...?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses
Thanks for clarifying MORIARTY.
Just watching Enterprise ROV 1. The water has that look like wavering jelly you see over the asphalt on a scorching day. Is it doing that because it's SO hot down there or is just the oil pressure making the nearby water vibrate...?

I've seen that as well many times, I think its just water rushing across the camera on the rov, kind of like a hose in a swimming pool

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I just wanted to take the oppurtunity to say thank you to all the members who take thier time to watch the feeds and report what they see to those of us unable to see them live

~meathead

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
There are a lot of things going on down there.

Some ROVs are watching the top hat. (dispersant ops)

They have been connecting a manifold with 6 inch jumpers to the BOP to collect oil from the BOP and before exits the top hat. (6 inch jumper operation)

Now they are laying a seafloor pipeline from the manifold away from the well.(coil tubing ops)

This is likely a project to allow the oil and gas to be collected away from the other ships in the area.( its getting crowded around the surface well head site)
They may not want a large tanker near where they are burning oil and large tankers do not have station keeping capability of the other ships and will need tugs to keep it in one area.
en.wikipedia.org...

Very few ships have 5000 foot anchor system and no tanker i know of would be able to.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

More likely they are just rigging-up their quick connect/disconnect system so that when mother nature comes to shoo them away with a hurricane so she can blow some of that oil up on shore and all over the oil loving humans, they can skidaddle to safety.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
She's really percolating now: (
)

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey, how does one embed video uploaded here on ATS? You'll have to click the link until I figure out how.

Never mind, I uploaded to youtube. Watch that thing wiggle around.

BP = BIG PERCOLATOR!

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Skandi 1, according to its feed, is participating in junk shot ops. For those who don't know, junk shot ops are basically what it sounds like, they rig up separate lines to shove literally junk, plastic pieces,wiring, even golf balls...... into the choke and kill lines in an attempt to stem the flow if not stop it completely. I found a NYT article (down below) from early May saying BP would try this though I'm not entirely sure if they have already, hopefully more informed posters can tell us, but that makes sense for them to try, given what everyone one has been saying. Its only a matter of time before a storm forces them out of the area and BP is probably trying to slow the flow as much as possible so when they have to leave the area its not belching out as it is now

Junk Shot is Next Step For Spill

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Moriarty]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If the hat is supported by cables and pipes that lead to the surface ship, presumably apart from the leak pressures, the current will sway the cap... bearing in mind its only sat on the bop. The youtube vid above, having been speeded up, merely exagerates this... I don't think its a problem in itself?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Where have you been, man? That's like really old news, and THAT top-kill totally failed (and probably a good thing that it did, otherwise all that oil would be hastening the erosion of that busted up well). The bottom kill will likely fail too, seeing that the well is busted up in at least 3 locations and there's probably caverns there now.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Where have you been, man? That's like really old news, and THAT top-kill totally failed (and probably a good thing that it did, otherwise all that oil would be hastening the erosion of that busted up well). The bottom kill will likely fail too, seeing that the well is busted up in at least 3 locations and there's probably caverns there now.

The old news is they did it before, the new stuff is they might be thinking of trying again. Why else would a bot be labeled as doing junk shot ops today?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The link you provided was dated back in May. I doubt they would want to try to plug that thing up again, unless it's to slow the flow temporarily to connect up something new, like those pipes they have been laying down lately. Right now it appears Skandi ROV 1 is just hanging back doing nothing.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

The link you provided was dated back in May. I doubt they would want to try to plug that thing up again, unless it's to slow the flow temporarily to connect up something new, like those pipes they have been laying down lately. Right now it appears Skandi ROV 1 is just hanging back doing nothing.

I provided that article so others could see what it was and how it works. I mentioned that it was from May in my post. The ROV is just hanging around right now but it wasn't most of the night. The fact of the matter is that the screen says its doing junk shot operations.....why else would it say that if it weren't?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Why isn't BP getting it's butt thrashed over this?
shouldn't the bigwigs of BP get thrown in jail for this hell hole they have created?
I think that every person living on this planet who drives a car should stop using BP fuels and see what they think of that.
anyway that is my thoughts
cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join