It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I have a few vids from a couple ROV's from earlier and will post them as soon as I can. hey are from Skandi2 and Q4000 nothing spectacular but a few things of something interesting. Will have them up ASAP. Bare with me please. Just thought I would let you know.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Awesome I'm looking forward to to seeing them!!!
Glad you are here as this is the time of nite where
it's usually lonely...Dragon & Kat work nites....

Ektar

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Here you go, just watch the floor. It just seems like the floor has a few cracks or holes.Notice the color change.

Now here is from the Q4000 ROV and notice the the lower section and it looks like a good leak.

It is nothing spectacular but I just thought it was interesting.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I will try to get some others and post. Sorry it took so long I was having a little embed problem but I hope I fixed it. Enjoy these for now.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
your videos are listed as private.

you need to make them public to view here.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
tsurfer, both those videos are "private" and can't be viewed without an invitation. If they are your videos, make them Unlisted instead of private.

lol dood. Jinx! Haha, same exact time. Too funny.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Some of this is just prop wash from the ROV, but it also looks like something coming out of the floor after all is settled down. I may just be seeing something that is nothing. You be the judge I might just be wrong or I may be right, I just don't know..

I will keep watching and maybe I will catch something good.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Give me a minute and I will fix that sorry.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
That should do it. Like I said these are nothing spectacular they just have a few things that seem very interesting at least they do to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Great link, ektar.

This video pretty much convinces me you guys are correct in your assessment of what youve been seeing. Unless someone can debunk it?

So, my question right now is this; how is capping the well is causing methane and crude releases from the well itself, as opposed to the BOP?

I could see if its true the BOP is tilting enough to disturb the sea floor, that it would cause trapped gas and crude to escape, but otherwise i dont see how the pressure would be MORE than it was previous to the well being tapped.

can someone throw me a bone?

[edit on 12-8-2010 by justadood]

[edit on 12-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I'm probably one of the most skeptical posting in this thread, and i agree, that first video clearly looks like a small crack [near the bottom left of the screen,] leaking 'something'.

nice grab!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Here is a little something I call flornado. This should show some proof that there is something going on.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8edb85b38361.jpg[/atsimg]

I will keep trying to catch as much video and screen shots as possible. There was more I just wasn't able to catch it in time.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

GREAT SHOT!!! I couldn't see your videos....
but haven't seen this action like a rooster tail!
Thanks

Ektar

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

There was much more but I was just slow on catching it. When I got this shot it was slowing down. At one time I saw three of these flornados. Trust me next time I will catch them if they happen again.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone is awake out there, but anyone notice the Hos2 feed? The ROV is bobbing all over the place like it is just floating around and not anchored.

Edit: Getting sea sick from watching it.. and a headache..

[edit on 8/13/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

I think that is the ROV and whatever it is watching that is bobbing around. I noticed that too lol...makes you a bit dizzy.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Good catch!

I saw a couple of those last week. Does the seeping also come with a vacuum? Kind of like a backdraft, sudden release of pressure then a vaccum effect to fill in the voids?

Just speculating, I doubt an ROV thruster would cause that. The one I was watching lasted for about 15-20 seconds, an ROV thruster wash would have dissipated before that.

I must admit haven't been watching a lot lately. That's why this thread is great can get caught up on what I've missed.

Deez

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hos Achiever Maxx - ROV 2 Is showing a lot of cloud plumes. The ROV is 14 feet/meters off the seafloor, so i am discounting propeller wash.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Also a lot oc passing cloud plumes on Ocean Intervention ROV 2. Sometimes its quite intense...and an eel swam right out from it.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hey Dragon, thanks for the updates (know the time differences don't help when some of you good folks live in other parts of the world) just been looking at the last few pages for a catch up, lots of seeps and that blow out that Ektar caught a few pages back was a definite eye opener

On the feeds now having a look.. seems static down there for a time and then something seeps or moves on one of the Rovs, what's all the white globs on OC2?

Found this link and wondered if anyone had seen it, at the bottom of the page it mentions 'ice worms', saw a screenshot that Ektar posted the other day and wondered if that's what it was? Excuse if this link has to be copy and pasted, still trying to figure that one out

www.netl.doe.gov...

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join